First Prev
of 4
Next Last
NTK

Bronson, TX

#1 Sep 14, 2012
South of town. Lots of landmen sneaking around.
Knows

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 14, 2012
They are called company men and it's Anadarko. It'll be march before it picks up again
fyi

Tlaxcala, Mexico

#3 Sep 14, 2012
Hope they are more honest and professional than NFR. Get EVERYTHING in writing from day one on. Free advice and worth every cent.
Knows

United States

#4 Sep 15, 2012
Anadarko has been in Henderson for years. We've always done a lot of their Frac and cement jobs
Tommy

United States

#5 Sep 18, 2012
How far south of town? Henderson?
In the middle

Euless, TX

#6 Sep 19, 2012
There is still a lot of work going on in this area. Yes it has slowed down a lot however there are still many wells that are being fracked. I should know my husband is one of the ones doing it. Many of the companies moved to different areas however there are two major companies that have stayed to complete jobs and work on new ones. We live on top of the haynesville shale people as long as there is natural gas in the ground it will have to be fracked...
Knows

United States

#7 Sep 20, 2012
Actually all the companies are still here but doing other work for the rigs. And it's called "fracturing" not fracking. There's not a lot of fracturing going on and companies will continue to lay off till around march. The rigs are working out their last quarter of THIER budgets and won't do much else till after tax season. That's how it always is. Especially during a long slow spell. Yw
In the middle

Euless, TX

#8 Sep 22, 2012
So I guess..."knows" works for Halliburton. And I know it's called fracturing, I would like to know how many times you are on location saying fracturing instead of fracking! If there isn't a lot of fracturing going on I'm confused as to why my husbands employer has brought in another crew to work? I better check and see where my husband is when he says I'm going to work at 3am and not get home till midnight or later!!! I'm not saying things haven't slowed down, however ur statement of "there isn't much fracturing going on around here" is just simply not true.
Knows

United States

#9 Sep 22, 2012
I work for the oilfield for a larger company than Halliburton. Even Halliburton laid off before baker did in the summer. I'm saying you don't spell it fracking. Ive been in the oilfield for 15 years do yeah your knowledge of it nowhere compares. But thanks for trying SMH
Been there

United States

#11 Sep 23, 2012
Lol. Oilfield wife up there has no idea about Frac. Go out if town most of the guys find a honey on the side. Trust me we do it all the time. I'm not married but there's not many a guy who isn't cheating. You think you know him? Well I promise you're probably not the one one he's sleeping with. Can't believe you wives believe these guys. I work with these guys. After a job trust me, we go to a bar and hook up with girls and when there's no bar, the locals always know when we're in town.:)
what what

United States

#12 Sep 24, 2012
Knows wrote:
Actually all the companies are still here but doing other work for the rigs. And it's called "fracturing" not fracking. There's not a lot of fracturing going on and companies will continue to lay off till around march. The rigs are working out their last quarter of THIER budgets and won't do much else till after tax season. That's how it always is. Especially during a long slow spell. Yw
actually depends if you are talking about drilling... Or completion. Which one. No drilling going on around here...except for a few rigs. Completion always goes on..got to have services like flow back and fracking..etc. My flo back company is mainly down south and west Texas. A little in La still... Nothing much going on around here.
what what

United States

#13 Sep 24, 2012
In the middle wrote:
So I guess..."knows" works for Halliburton. And I know it's called fracturing, I would like to know how many times you are on location saying fracturing instead of fracking! If there isn't a lot of fracturing going on I'm confused as to why my husbands employer has brought in another crew to work? I better check and see where my husband is when he says I'm going to work at 3am and not get home till midnight or later!!! I'm not saying things haven't slowed down, however ur statement of "there isn't much fracturing going on around here" is just simply not true.
Always fracking going on... You are right. It's the completion part that keeps us working here
oh

United States

#14 Sep 24, 2012
Knows wrote:
They are called company men and it's Anadarko. It'll be march before it picks up again
No. Landmen come first retard. Scout out land to drill Company men supervise a drilling rig. Company men work for the production company. Drilling company has what's called a tool pusher.... Oilfield 101.
Knows

United States

#15 Sep 25, 2012
No shit? Lol I know company men are there. I wouldn't have said it of I didn't know them by name. Oilfield 101 dumbass
In the middle

United States

#16 Sep 25, 2012
Ok to all the people on here who think they know it all, and say there isn't work around here you wrong. My husband goes to work every day and its local right now. I find it funny how a woman calls it fracking and you try to belittle me by saying I don't know what I'm talking about and say its called fracturing...a man post and says the exact same thing I say and u don't belittle him. I've thought a lot about the comment u made about when you guys are out if town hooking up with bar whores and such and yes I'm aware that goes on and I hope my husband has more respect for me then that. The thought goes through my head every time I pack his bag. Thank you for the reminder though. I think showing up randomly with no notice at the San Augustine inn or the best western in center also keeps him on his toes:) I also know that at an hrs notice he could be sent home to pack his bag and leave for a job that is not local and that we are fortunate to have him close to home and that he has a job. Not ALL men are jerks like you. It would prob surprise you how much I actually know about my husbands work! The next time you are out of town at the bar drinking a cold one, thinking bout "going down hole" on the girl next you, or joking to the guys how u were busy fracking last night...think about ur wife or girlfriend back home who is prob doing the same to you! YW
In the middle

United States

#17 Sep 25, 2012
Btw the company man is the person who works for a company such as XTO and oversees the entire job from start to finish. The companies that do fracturing,:) wireline and coil tubing if necessary work under the company man. He coordinates with the engineer and tells the supervisor (my husband) what rate to run the job. Landmen work for companies such as XTO to find out land owners and geographical information. I'm not questioning your 15 yrs of experience Im also not saying I could do that job but I don't think you should insult others on the spelling of a word!
Yosemite Sam

Henderson, TX

#18 Sep 25, 2012
Oooh! That rackin frackin --
Knows

United States

#19 Sep 25, 2012
Lol darlin I don't have a wife or girlfriend. For a reason. 50% if marriages end in divorce in the oilfield. Women like the money but font like you gone. Second to the other oilfield dbass, I've done coil tubing, tools, Frac, cement etc. I know my shit. I could care less what you doubt. I know my check proves I know wtf I'm talking about. For you wife, hoping and knowing are two different things. You're also right about jobs being local. But I also know there's not that many sweetie. Most are down in San Antonio right now. It always comes back to east Texas. But it won't be till march. For the other dumbass, I've worked for chinn, anadarko, xto, Exxon, southwestern, north cuff. I know my shit. Fact I've never been laid off while watching crew after crew being laid off also speaks of my knowledge. But bring a wife doesn't mean you know shit. He don't care whether you know what he does or not. You've no glue. Now, I've got sleep to get. TDIBE. Figure that one out ;)
u know

United States

#20 Sep 26, 2012
Matts kool don't think he's like that
In the middle

Euless, TX

#21 Sep 26, 2012
So mr know it all has a name!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who decides 18 min Sterling Marlin 5
Apes in Henderson 2 hr Morons 28
Moving companies 5 hr Need info 1
Review: Andy's Plumbing (Dec '13) 18 hr disappointed 21
1st Baptist Preschool closing for remodel 20 hr need a new preschool 4
Exterminator (Mar '14) Tue Arthur Curry 3
Any good furniture stores in town Tue Little Jim 13

Flood Warning for Rusk County was issued at January 28 at 10:17AM CST

Henderson Dating
Find my Match