Just saying

Henderson, TX

#1 May 13, 2013
Saw on televison about trying to change the speed limit on Highway 43. I strongly agree it needs to be lower. There are lots of people traveling that road. I would gladly give up a few minutes of time with a lower speed limit if it would save a life. But the sad thing is that it will be hard to do. Just like the 4 way light at Price. People had been killed or injured before the light. Yet after a child of a person with connections was injured there, the change was made. I am sorry that it took another child injured to get it changed. I am grateful for the light there now, but it shouldn't take any more loss of life to make that happen on Hwy 43.
nunya

Dallas, TX

#2 May 15, 2013
How about you place blame solely on the person that broke the law by not paying attention to driving. The way the wreck happened, speed was not the sole factor. The car being rear ended at 55 would still have caused the head-on. There is just as much of an issue with people driving too slow as driving too fast. A proper fix would be to simply put in a turn lane if there is truly enough traffic to justify one. I feel for the family's loss and hope that a good solution results from the tragedy.
live in the area

Henderson, TX

#3 May 15, 2013
I definitely think it needs to be both - there needs to be a turn lane - starting at the country club continuing all the way down to the dentist's office - and the speed limit needs to stay 55 until you pass the dentist's office. The HPD and DPS do a good job of patrolling that area, but these two changes would hopefully avoid another tragedy.
also live in the area

White Oak, TX

#4 May 17, 2013
Speed had nothing to do with this terrible wreck and tragedy. It was caused by the young girl not paying attention....I assume she was probally texting. As so many of us do while we are driving. People you have't to pay attention while driving! Please! Always be aware of your surroundings. I travel 43 every day to work and back and saw the wreck and one of the ladies covered in a white sheet. It is something I will never forget. It has changed the way I drive now. I would never want to be the one who was responsible for killing someone or injuring a child because I wasn't paying attenton. That could have been any of us....in either situation. I've always hugged my daughter and I love my family dearly, but I make sure they know it every day now. Life can be taken away in instance. I don't want to have any regrets. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Family. Lets all just slow down, pay attention and be good to one another. PEACE!
Nick

Chandler, TX

#5 May 17, 2013
there really should be a turning lane. there is alot of traffic including big trucks and two housing additions with a busy dentist office in a 1/4 mile area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stop using this excuse. 12 hr Mike 13
Jessica Dawson Martin is having an affair with... Sat Mike 9
People of henderson May 27 Lol 9
Who is Rand Cates May 27 Lol 3
Who got the best pus in town May 25 J Davis 13
All Stars May 25 Yup 8
Review: Vista College (Apr '12) May 25 blind leading the... 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages