Is your child learning through CSCOPE? (MUST READ)

Posted in the Henderson Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 49 Comments Last updated May 9, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WOW

Henderson, TX

#1 Feb 15, 2013
I don't think enough parents are aware of what is ACTUALLY being taught in schools these days. I know teachers who say that it puts their passion to teach in a box. Some of the information it gives students it far from the truth we were taught. Don't take my word on it......ask, research, and get involved!!! It's your responsibility, and question these things!!! It's normal and sane to be curious to know the truth.

http://www.txcscopereview.com/
holy crap

Henderson, TX

#2 Feb 15, 2013
http://www.txcscopereview.com/2013/cscope-whe...
Teachers can't even talk about it or they get fired!!! Shame on our administrators!!!!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Feb 15, 2013
Its got me all upset. Well anyway Daytona is next weekend so nothing else really matters.
stupid is stupid does

Henderson, TX

#4 Feb 15, 2013
Oh Daytona is next week? Nice sarcasm Sterling....you're intellectual level shows on every thread you comment on. The fact is, there is truth behind a representative from the woodlands suspicion. We have always wanted our children's curriculum transparent to the parents and public, and CSCOPE denies us that freedom. Parents are given a "parental login" to ONLY view what CSCOPE and its backing adminjstrators want to disclose "half truths." The fact that teachers do not support these "new" ideas of teaching should raise all kinds of red flags. Do you remember your pastors words at church....."Satan comes in and slyly makes things represent all things good." To me it sounds a lot like the "NEW AGE" teaching our Bible and our founding fathers warned us about. Evil will take over this world without us even knowing if we don't take a step back and patiently look at the big picture with God's eyes. I believe CSCOPE should be removed from HISD at the very least until a investigation is complete.
omg

Henderson, TX

#5 Feb 15, 2013
So cscope is teaching kids false information? It's good to know I made the best decision homeschooling mine. BTW...that site you posted has a list of schools who use it, and has Rep Toth's info about the investigation. Wish other Texas reps would back him. Hope parents and teachers see this and do something about it....poor kids.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 15, 2013
stupid is stupid does wrote:
Oh Daytona is next week? Nice sarcasm Sterling....you're intellectual level shows on every thread you comment on. The fact is, there is truth behind a representative from the woodlands suspicion. We have always wanted our children's curriculum transparent to the parents and public, and CSCOPE denies us that freedom. Parents are given a "parental login" to ONLY view what CSCOPE and its backing adminjstrators want to disclose "half truths." The fact that teachers do not support these "new" ideas of teaching should raise all kinds of red flags. Do you remember your pastors words at church....."Satan comes in and slyly makes things represent all things good." To me it sounds a lot like the "NEW AGE" teaching our Bible and our founding fathers warned us about. Evil will take over this world without us even knowing if we don't take a step back and patiently look at the big picture with God's eyes. I believe CSCOPE should be removed from HISD at the very least until a investigation is complete.
Good to see ya have something to keep you occupied. BTW the only person that is gonna take over is Dale Earnhardt Jr after he wins Daytona next week. You speak of red flags...Did ya see them throw the red flag last year when the jet dryer blew up at Daytona?
omg

Henderson, TX

#7 Feb 15, 2013
Just ignore this guy....maybe he will grow a heart and realize this thread is about children
it should be banned

Henderson, TX

#8 Feb 21, 2013
Rep. Steve Toth is calling for the investigation and transparency of CSCOPE. He is trying to pass HB760 to make everyone aware of this organization...he's also trying to pass a FIREARM PROTECTION ACT making it illegal for federal government to pass crazy gun control. This bill supports sheriffs and state law officers to help protect our rights. This guy is also a pastor who has a heart for Christ. We need more people in office like him!
doubtful

Henderson, TX

#9 Feb 21, 2013
I would like to see some of those central admn. folks c scoped right out of this district. If you could ask a teacher and if they could answer without fear of losing their job they would agree.
Ask a teacher!
doubtful

Henderson, TX

#10 Feb 21, 2013
Do you really exsist Sterling? If you do, then this world as we know it is doomed.
Texas mom

United States

#11 Feb 21, 2013
All you have to do is search your kids folders. Although it was hard for me to find anything weird about the things it's teaching. Looked at my child's history folder and found printed out notes that was teaching that communism is a good thing. I'm sorry but when I was in school this isn't the way things were taught and it seems almost like they're trying to brainwash our kids for future purposes. I really can't believe in our state this is even a problem. CSCOPE must be so much cheaper than the next. It also explains why these kids are having such a hard time by high school to pass. The teachers are being forced to teach like robots and sometimes having to teach more than one lesson a class period whether or not the kids understand the first. Homeschooling at this point seems very tempting.
The Czar

Pflugerville, TX

#12 Feb 21, 2013
You idiots just keep on voting for that "conservative" Rick Perry and his core family values and rest assured he will lead you in the right direction. Most of you sheep would not know a real conservative if they hit ya across the noggin.
Leader

Flint, TX

#13 Feb 21, 2013
This program cost the district a lot of $$$$$

Location hidden

#14 Feb 22, 2013
doubtful wrote:
Do you really exsist Sterling? If you do, then this world as we know it is doomed.
No I am only a pygmy of your imagination.
Right

United States

#15 Feb 22, 2013
Sterling Marlin wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am only a pygmy of your imagination.
Please tell me the phrasing in this post is a farce..an attempt to be sardonically amusing..

Location hidden

#16 Feb 22, 2013
Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me the phrasing in this post is a farce..an attempt to be sardonically amusing..
Ya really dont have to be another Norman Einstein to figure it out.
Texas mom

United States

#17 Feb 22, 2013
Leader wrote:
This program cost the district a lot of $$$$$
Can you disclose how much it costs?
Teacher

Henderson, TX

#18 Feb 23, 2013
I am a teacher. I use CScope. I don't particularly like it, but it is not communism and all those things. Henderson has said we do not have to teach the CScope lessons anyway. I don't know about Carlisle and Laneville's requirements. We have to use their scope and sequence...which means the order and what skills. The requirements for what to teach are the TEKS given to us by the state. CScope puts those in an order so that we cover them all. I think it goes too fast and the kids and teachers feel like we are running a race. But I guess if we didn't go fast we wouldn't cover it all. So really it is the state of Texas that expects us to cover too much. And to add to that they keep changing the TEKS. So I don't like Cscope and wish I could teach like I did years ago, but that website is full of lies.
Teacher

Henderson, TX

#19 Feb 23, 2013
doubtful wrote:
I would like to see some of those central admn. folks c scoped right out of this district. If you could ask a teacher and if they could answer without fear of losing their job they would agree.
Ask a teacher!
Oh and I have told everyone at central admin how I feel and I still have my job. Some of them even agree with me.
Texan by the grace of God

Henderson, TX

#20 Feb 23, 2013
Exactly what a "teacher" would say. If you are a teacher and have disclosed your feelings to the administration office then disclosing your name wouldn't bother you either. Right? The people on the website said the lessons were changed after someone spoke out against them. Also, why would Steve Toth, a state representative and pastor feel led to make the foundation financially and educational transparent to the public? The investigation of this organization isn't over.....why support it at all by using it? Lastly, these tests are a joke, and tells nothing about the educational achievements of students. Why not assign a long term project to test a students character rather than a test which even bright students could fail? I guess we could just continue to focus on studying for a test that will not cultivate a student into a productive citizen....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr fubar 22,288
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr fubar 17,877
Lucy Eades 5 hr bek 3
Two Cherries Productions' Chasing Heroes Begins... 6 hr fan of the theater 1
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 8 hr Wow Wee 524
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) 8 hr That Fart Guy 722
tip sonic workers? (Jun '13) Thu Jessica 32
•••
•••
•••

Henderson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••