Lone Star Cards
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
wowza

United States

#245 Jul 22, 2013
people make me laugh wrote:
<quoted text>. Really? 600 dollars is like maybe rent what about the bills and diapers and food 600 dollars ain't shit freakin stupid ass lol get real obviously u haven't lived in the real world
Your supposed to work to stupid. Not live off child support, I swear wtf is wrong with people
Brittney

Corpus Christi, TX

#247 Dec 1, 2013
I work for the assistance programs that provide family that are in need. You have no idea what these families situations are from abusive relationships to losing their jobs because of budgets cuts. Most people start on it until they get on their own two feet. Imagine a family who the head of the household was in need of food stamps to provide for their children and their was no assistance. Even with a part time job the barely ate and the CPS get involved and take them away.Unemployment rates are high and abusive spouses are even higher so I don't care for you negative people that think you are better than this. Most people in these programs have less stress with our assistance. Prices are always rising hopefully you wont be one of us. (people in need of a little help)
Brittney

Corpus Christi, TX

#248 Dec 1, 2013
By the way most of you people that are to good for assistance get loans on top of loans that you will never payoff. Using the money I earn to get the latest entertainment and it will affect your great children. Bankrupt (Use what you have and when get loans don't go over board) It leads to banks and organization requesting bailouts.
One day

Henderson, TX

#249 Dec 3, 2013
I need one
Looker

Tyler, TX

#251 Dec 6, 2013
GET A JOB!
just wondering

Henderson, TX

#252 Jan 2, 2014
I sho do need me a lonestar card that way i won't have to work so hard and what the heck might as well get me a welfare check but i would also like to have some meals on wheels that way i'd know how good it all feels. then I would be like my neighbors next door, a welfare cheating bumming sorry butthead
Do not judge

Sugar Land, TX

#253 Feb 4, 2014
Don't judge others - EVER! You never know what has happened in their life. Trust me, you never know! It hurts me that society has become more and more cruel and sometimes your judgment of this type may be right, but most of the time its not. Maybe she is in a domestic abuse program because her husband caused her to lose her job, and she can't go home.
luckygirl5918

Corpus Christi, TX

#254 Oct 13, 2014
[Could they be picking it up for others - or getting out of the passenger seat while their advocate or friend or someone from some organization who is helping them drives? Its not a handout or freebie - we payout the money for it with our taxes. What is SUPPOSED to be is a stepping stone - say if you have no family to help - were in a controlling and abusive marraige where you were not allowed to work so have no money and the state won't help you with childcare until you have worked for two weeks but with no family you have no place to place your kiddoes so need to wait for school to start. On top of that your child may be highly autistic - though brilliant - perhaps and need extrra help most childcare places won't provide. There are so many scenarios. Some families - both work but still remain in the hole after losing one good job. Some people can't advance. You and I likely are intelligent enough to further our educations or advance - some can't advance past a fast food place because they don't have the mental or emotional capacity. Or have sick or challenged kids to look after and need the hours or are sick themselves. Please do not judge. Say - yes some use welfare as a lifestyle and make it a career to know how to use the system - but some use it as a lifeline to get out of a bad or emergency situation. We have pride - but our kiddoes outweigh that pride. I am not overweight, I buy healthy foods - even going to the fruit king and buy fresh fruits and veggies with my card (much healthier and less expensivie) and can even grow my own food as you can buy seeds with your card. I do do without but I won't let my child be without childcare or food or housing or choose to have that in an abusive scenario. I need to be healthy as well - I have several debilitating conditions yet I try to maintain my happiness and my energy and will and motivation to get my ducks in a row.
Not everyone on welfare is a free loader...some work - but still can't make ends meet. Some can't work because of caring for someone else with special needs or have health challenges. PLEAS do not judge until you know everyone. I'm not mad just saddened someone can judge a whole segment of people. Its like saying - all whites are this all blacks that - all chinese this. Prejudice.
BTW I don't have a car - its expensive and I also have dyspraxia. I walk everywhere in 100 degree heat - 1.2 miles to the grocery store or take the bus if i have money - and patience - buses here run every forty minutes.
It takes two to three buses to get most other places and my son's school is .7 miles so we walk in pouring rain or intense heat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All Stars 2 hr Henderson71 12
stop using this excuse. 14 hr Susan 18
Point North Mon Lacy 1
Jessica Dawson Martin is having an affair with... May 28 Mike 9
People of henderson May 27 Lol 9
Who is Rand Cates May 27 Lol 3
Who got the best pus in town May 25 J Davis 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages