get this

San Marcos, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

some people arent educated on health, maybe instead of bitching you should have helped her by showing her..... im on food stamps and i only buy organic food but i feed just me she must buy the cheapest shittiest food because she has so many kids and its all she can afford. stop having kids.
Shar

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Lol
Out of control

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

People should think with their brains instead of thinking with their eyes. It should not matter what kind of car anyone is driving. That does not determine whether they are in need. Things happen in life. Some people lose their jobs, or are forced to relocate and really do not have the means to support themselves the way they use to. We do not know what circumstances have caused anybody to have to seek governmental help. Some people do manipulate the system and it is unfortunate, but do not judge people because of what you do not see. There is enough ignorance in this world. If you are really curious about they have going on, ask them, your paying for it like you said.
hello

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Out of control wrote:
People should think with their brains instead of thinking with their eyes. It should not matter what kind of car anyone is driving. That does not determine whether they are in need. Things happen in life. Some people lose their jobs, or are forced to relocate and really do not have the means to support themselves the way they use to. We do not know what circumstances have caused anybody to have to seek governmental help. Some people do manipulate the system and it is unfortunate, but do not judge people because of what you do not see. There is enough ignorance in this world. If you are really curious about they have going on, ask them, your paying for it like you said.
I am going to share my story. I am a housewife and my spouse recently had a heart attack and is unable to work. We had to start living on out retirement because his disability insurance only paid us 800 a week. My house payment is 1300.00 a month, my car payment is 400 a month plus we have only the basic bills power, gas, and phone. Needless to say our savings ran out, I applied for benefits I was desperate and have 4 small children to feed. They turned us down for benefits, they told me to sell my car( how is a family of 6 to live without a car) they told me to leave my house( so then my family of 6 plus our animals will be homeless) then I could reapply for benefits. Fortunately my spouses job took pity on our situation and found him a job where he would not be doing physical labor and I am cleaning houses and anything else I can find to make money. We eat beans and bread a lot and have meat on sundays and Wednesdays. It was a bitter pill to swallow the things the food stamp office put us through, especially when I personally know people who get 500-800 a month, they eat steak, fancy snacks, and they steadily have money to smoke and drink. Thanks for letting me share my story:)
bah

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

hello wrote:
<quoted text>I am going to share my story. I am a housewife and my spouse recently had a heart attack and is unable to work. We had to start living on out retirement because his disability insurance only paid us 800 a week. My house payment is 1300.00 a month, my car payment is 400 a month plus we have only the basic bills power, gas, and phone. Needless to say our savings ran out, I applied for benefits I was desperate and have 4 small children to feed. They turned us down for benefits, they told me to sell my car( how is a family of 6 to live without a car) they told me to leave my house( so then my family of 6 plus our animals will be homeless) then I could reapply for benefits. Fortunately my spouses job took pity on our situation and found him a job where he would not be doing physical labor and I am cleaning houses and anything else I can find to make money. We eat beans and bread a lot and have meat on sundays and Wednesdays. It was a bitter pill to swallow the things the food stamp office put us through, especially when I personally know people who get 500-800 a month, they eat steak, fancy snacks, and they steadily have money to smoke and drink. Thanks for letting me share my story:)
Go refile lie tell them ur now single, ull get everything u need, government never helps the working man when he is down and out, never
britt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

not everyone who gets foodstamps is wasting it on junk food! i just got my foodstamp card today and i plan on buying mostly healthy food..yes maybe some snacks to, but in moderation...just because im now getting foodstamps does not make me lazy! i take care of my daughter and attend college..and her father works alot..almost everyday! i have a nice car yes...a car i got when my grandmother passed away...technically it is not my car...i didnt pay for it! and i have nothing else! just a car! so im sick of most people saying everyone with foodstamps are irresponsible....
Schnoozer

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

britt wrote:
not everyone who gets foodstamps is wasting it on junk food! i just got my foodstamp card today and i plan on buying mostly healthy food..yes maybe some snacks to, but in moderation...just because im now getting foodstamps does not make me lazy! i take care of my daughter and attend college..and her father works alot..almost everyday! i have a nice car yes...a car i got when my grandmother passed away...technically it is not my car...i didnt pay for it! and i have nothing else! just a car! so im sick of most people saying everyone with foodstamps are irresponsible....
No one said everyone who is on food stamps are irresponsible. And no one accused you specifically of it. I applaud you for making responsible choices with your benefits. I also know what the previous poster is talking about with people buying crap with their cards instead of trying to eat decent meals. I work and I also get tired of buying dr peppers for a bunch of lazy people who don't wanna work and their fat kids. I don't mind helping out those who are helping theirselves make a better life.
lol

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

britt wrote:
Get a job and pay for your own groceries just like I do. I would work 2 jobs if I had to. That's what's wrong with this world. Nobody owes u nothing. If u can't take care of yourself don't make babies. SMH
concearned

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

the foodstamp bothered me until i watched this 8 year old girl eat a piece of dry dogfood. even if half makes it to a kid it worth it. plus its a drop in the bucket compared to what we waste killing people who have to be given a radio to know who won their elections. how did they even know we were here? I wonder if you kill every person that is willing to die for revenge wont that number just grow. stop the violence like the gov tells gangs
concearned

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

and for the record its not about the oil. Its about military contractors running your gov. no war no big money. people got tired of hearing communist threat from russia so now its china and every other country trying to get nukes so they can be left alone.
EastTexasCutie

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

omg wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what race, creed, color, etc. Abuse of the welfare system is abuse of the welfare system. Unfortunately because of people like the one I saw, some people who actually NEED help, do not get it.
Amen!!!
EastTexasCutie

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Out of control wrote:
What the hell would anyone need free dr.pepper and snacks cakes and cookies for? If you were truly IN NEED, wouldn't you be purchasing healthy foods instead? Why yes, yes you would.
Sick of paying for deadbeats....
BBHC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

EastTexasCutie wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell would anyone need free dr.pepper and snacks cakes and cookies for? If you were truly IN NEED, wouldn't you be purchasing healthy foods instead? Why yes, yes you would.
Sick of paying for deadbeats....
Tell your Congressman to stop taking money from the Snack Food Association. They're the ones who show up with cash whenever there's a push to remove junk food from the program. Coca Cola shouldn't be getting a subsidy from working taxpayers.
not as it appears

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

A very interesting forum. And yes, I have been guilty of judging those both using and abusing my tax dollars. But I also know that things are not always as they appear.
My daughter is now the single mother of four small boys (9 and under), one of whom is medically dependent on her.
They were once a reasonably happy family of six, with a Dad with a college degree and a great job, a Mom with a college degree homeschooling their four children (2 by birth, 2 by adoption). Paying their bills, driving two cars, growing a garden, canning, making jams and jellies for the boys to sell at a little roadside stand-teaching them leadership, responsibilty, people skills, compassion, and free enterprise.
Then one day, on the way to church, Grandma had an accident. And their oldest son took the brunt of the collision, and no one that day could foresee how their lives were forever changed.
Their son was in ICU for 4 and 1/2 weeks, in a room for a week, then in inpatient rehab for at least 8 weeks 300 miles from home. He has a closed head injury and a trach. Though doing miraculously well, he continues to require supervision 24/7, and more medical is in store.
During that time, Dad decided it was a good time to get out. And he effectively and totally abandoned his family, and the divorce was quickly finalzed in order to ensure ongoing support.
Seventeen (17) days later, he was fired from his job, leaving her with NO financial support, and no medical insurance for multiple medical needs.
The car went back to the Dad (it was in his name, and the payments were too high for the Mom to make on the child support-and then repo'd from him).
The rented house was over an hour from any family support, and also unable to be maintained by child support.
So, now, within six months time, we go from an "average American family" to:
a single Mom of four
homeless
no transportation
no income
They currently live with her parents, she drives a new car because her father was going to buy something anyway, and got one she can use until she "gets on her feet", and through the provisions of God, the compassion, love, and generosity of friends and strangers, and the state of Texas (Medicaid and SNAP), she is able to survive until better days come.(And they will.)
So, all this to say-sometimes things are not as they appear!
(Oh, yes, she is white, skinny, and has blue hair.)
not abusing

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

My daughter was married 14 years she and her husband both had jobs they got divorced and he only pays $600a month for their two kids. she continued working till she started blacking out from her diabetes and started losing her sight she applied for disability and was denied appealed and was denied she got an attorney and waited over a year for a court date in total it has been over 2 years and she is now almost completely blind thank God she was approved for a lone star card. She does have a cell phone so the school can reach her in case of emergency since her daughter is also diabetic and yes her children get medicaid without it she couldn't afford test strips or insulin. She has applied for medicaid for herself and was denied cause her income (child support) is too high. I'm not offended by this post and I'm not judging anyone but if she didn't receive child support she could get much needed assistance with her medical bills (she has to get monthly injections in her eye the medication is $2000 and her Dr charges $250 to give the injection) it seems the reason for her medicaid denial is a punishment for having the God sense to have only 2 kids with a man who pays his child support she still hasn't heard anything on her disability. have worked my entire life sometimes more than one job and never had a handout but I'm glad to be in a country where i could ask for help if i needed it u might not qualify or get it but i CAN ask please don't judge you never know who is deserving or when you will fall on hard times
lol

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

not abusing wrote:
My daughter was married 14 years she and her husband both had jobs they got divorced and he only pays $600a month for their two kids. she continued working till she started blacking out from her diabetes and started losing her sight she applied for disability and was denied appealed and was denied she got an attorney and waited over a year for a court date in total it has been over 2 years and she is now almost completely blind thank God she was approved for a lone star card. She does have a cell phone so the school can reach her in case of emergency since her daughter is also diabetic and yes her children get medicaid without it she couldn't afford test strips or insulin. She has applied for medicaid for herself and was denied cause her income (child support) is too high. I'm not offended by this post and I'm not judging anyone but if she didn't receive child support she could get much needed assistance with her medical bills (she has to get monthly injections in her eye the medication is $2000 and her Dr charges $250 to give the injection) it seems the reason for her medicaid denial is a punishment for having the God sense to have only 2 kids with a man who pays his child support she still hasn't heard anything on her disability. have worked my entire life sometimes more than one job and never had a handout but I'm glad to be in a country where i could ask for help if i needed it u might not qualify or get it but i CAN ask please don't judge you never know who is deserving or when you will fall on hard times
$600 a month is more than enough
people make me laugh

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
$600 a month is more than enough
. Really? 600 dollars is like maybe rent what about the bills and diapers and food 600 dollars ain't shit freakin stupid ass lol get real obviously u haven't lived in the real world
lol

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

people make me laugh wrote:
<quoted text>. Really? 600 dollars is like maybe rent what about the bills and diapers and food 600 dollars ain't shit freakin stupid ass lol get real obviously u haven't lived in the real world
Well give the guy custody and have the woman pay child support. That's what happened in my situation but I don't get even $200 and its all good my way
hahahaha

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Whats the big deal? I raised 2 kids, put them through college, payed a house payment, gave both of them cars, kept them insured, food on the table, lights, gas, and water on, for under 1000 per month, and no child support. Go cry somewhere elese.
james

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Can i use a texas lone star food card in oklahoma

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Henderson Forum right now

Search the Henderson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 6 min Larry Driscoll 21,428
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr What I say xoxo 17,029
Love scandal at RCSO and RC courthouse 1 hr true 6
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) 3 hr nina roth 595
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 4 hr Gasman 754
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 4 hr Gasman 499
Boycott GREEN TOP EXXON - K2 Peddlers 6 hr Battle 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Henderson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••