Magnolia, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

Judged:

Who cares who gets food stamps and welfare. Do you think political leaders read this crap you are writing? This is all ignorant cheap talk. If you want to do something about how people get or use the Lone Star card go to this website http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/
and write your representative.
:)

Tatum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

All these lazy black people need to get a job and quit worrying about putting gold teeth in their mouth.
annette

Allen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Hello to everyone...I was laid off last year in march, I am educated, in the medical field..I am a medical instructor.I have been looking for a job for over a year..at this point I am willing to take any job..my unemployment benefits have been drained..I have never been in this position before.down to $0.00 I am 52 years old..no healthcare coverage, I drive a 92 black car...I worked on one job for 15 years,,,then became a teacher,,,and was laid off..I have worked all my life until now..yes I had to apply for food stamps.Im was to ashamed to even go into the store to use the card, because i know that people feel the way you all do,but I thought about it, and said to myself, I have worked since the age of 18, and paid taxes, this is not by choice, its the only option i have rt.now.I didnt apply for healthcare benefits, iam still looking for work every day.dont judge people...we really dont know the full story..while you may be still blessed to have a stable job/career.remember,,no success is ever final nor is any failure. Be Blessed.
annette

Allen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who=":)"]All these lazy black people need to get a job and quit worrying about putting gold teeth in their mouth.[/QUOTE]
You either have blind folders on...or your not living in reality!!! Food stamps, Tanf...wick...indigent programs are utilized by every gender,Male/female, whites, african americans, Hispanics, etc....stop showing your ignorance through your comments. I hope that your not representing the mentality of Lindale community.
Info

Midlothian, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

annette wrote:
Hello to everyone...I was laid off last year in march, I am educated, in the medical field..I am a medical instructor.I have been looking for a job for over a year..at this point I am willing to take any job..my unemployment benefits have been drained..I have never been in this position before.down to $0.00 I am 52 years old..no healthcare coverage, I drive a 92 black car...I worked on one job for 15 years,,,then became a teacher,,,and was laid off..I have worked all my life until now..yes I had to apply for food stamps.Im was to ashamed to even go into the store to use the card, because i know that people feel the way you all do,but I thought about it, and said to myself, I have worked since the age of 18, and paid taxes, this is not by choice, its the only option i have rt.now.I didnt apply for healthcare benefits, iam still looking for work every day.dont judge people...we really dont know the full story..while you may be still blessed to have a stable job/career.remember,,no success is ever final nor is any failure. Be Blessed.
I don't know if this helps... But it helped my daughter and even though I can't hire at this time, I do know who is. Express in Longview. I know you said medical field and even though my daughter had no experience she got hired through express personel in Longview with a local hospital. Hope that helps!
Outraged

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

First of all, I will acknowledge that the people who started this topic are from good ol' racist east texas. So these stereotypes and generalizations of people are not at all surprising. However, its ignorant nonetheless. Who gives a shit what she bought? Her kids are eating. What would you have said if she pulled out her wallet and paid for those items with cash? Would it still be an issue? What if she decided she wasnt going to feed her kids at all? The woman's poor parenting skills have nothing to do with her need. You dont know what she can afford, whose car she was driving. Plenty times i have taken my MOTHER'S 2012 Jeep Liberty jet limited to the grocery store and paid for my groceries with MY lonestar card. Ignorance is so ugly.
vote

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Outraged wrote:
First of all, I will acknowledge that the people who started this topic are from good ol' racist east texas. So these stereotypes and generalizations of people are not at all surprising. However, its ignorant nonetheless. Who gives a shit what she bought? Her kids are eating. What would you have said if she pulled out her wallet and paid for those items with cash? Would it still be an issue? What if she decided she wasnt going to feed her kids at all? The woman's poor parenting skills have nothing to do with her need. You dont know what she can afford, whose car she was driving. Plenty times i have taken my MOTHER'S 2012 Jeep Liberty jet limited to the grocery store and paid for my groceries with MY lonestar card. Ignorance is so ugly.
if you get a lone star card we all should. NOBODY helps pay for anything I have. I don't care what color you are but I know just by your post. Society does not owe you anything. If one job won't do it get two. I'm sure you have kids that are also on Medicaid that my check is paying for. How great is America when all the racist people are buying u breakfast lunch and dinner.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Get two jobs and some pride!!!
Ronda

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

I totally agree. I am a 48 year old african american woman. I drive an old model dependable car. 20 years ago when I was a new mother I was on foodstamps For about 2 years. I got a job making pretty decent pay and I didn't need it anymore. When I'm in the store pants on my phone with my hard earned money I look at other people baskets and I feel the same way when I see how they waste The opportunity to get free food. I pay more money for healthy foods. And I do agree when you see people shop on lonestar card there kids do seem to be hyperactive and quite overweight. Its ashame before God and the taxpayers.
alan

Royal, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Judged:

ok I have a lone star card you think I can't have a diet pepsi or some chips or maybe some ice cream. The only reason I have a card is because I was disabled in a car accident and you want to tell me what I can eat. Your crazy why do you judge when you don't someones circumstances.
get a job

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

alan wrote:
ok I have a lone star card you think I can't have a diet pepsi or some chips or maybe some ice cream. The only reason I have a card is because I was disabled in a car accident and you want to tell me what I can eat. Your crazy why do you judge when you don't someones circumstances.
if your hands work to type then your hands can work at a job. Get of your government riding but and pay your own way. You probably have a sprained ankle.
alan

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Judged:

get a job wrote:
<quoted text>
if your hands work to type then your hands can work at a job. Get of your government riding but and pay your own way. You probably have a sprained ankle.
No I don't have sprained ankle I had a stroke and it affected the left side of my body. I'm from lazy and there you go judging people. I wish I could go back to work. I get out and down what I can. I wish I could meet you face to face and see what a hateful person looks like. I have worked all my life and what I have I worked for. God has blessed me. YOU MAKE ME SICK WITH YOUR COMMENT AND SO DO ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WITH ALL THE JUDGING YOU ALL DO. YOU JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH. FOR A PERIOD OF TIME I WAS UNABLE TO WALK. I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF I DON'T DEPEND ON ANYONE IF I CAN'T DO IT I TRY NOT TO WORRY ABOUT. I WORK HARD EVERYDAY TOOVER COME WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH AND HAVE COME ALONG WAY AND WITH GOD'S HELP HOPEFUL SOMEDAY I WILL BE HEALED AND BE ABLE TO GO TO WORK. I type this with one finger and I'm not able to stay sitting for to long because of the pain. Oh and I don't rely on drugs I deal with.
Hmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

I think for ppl in your circumstances that's exactly what the system is for. I'm proud of you. My belief is you work until u just can't. The elderly and disabled. I work and hope to always be able to. But someday I may need help. But for those who just sit and do nothing including trying to make themselves a life do not deserve help. I know so many who work and deserve to not have to but do till they can't. What angers me is the young ppl who go out to the clubs are involved in drugs and seen drinking more than the average joe, I find problem with. If you can party and dance your butt can work. I'm sorry about your stroke. I took care of my father in law who worked hard all his left till he had a massive stroke destroying his entire left side. He died a year later wishing he could have lived a full life. So I can see your pain.
alan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Hmm wrote:
I think for ppl in your circumstances that's exactly what the system is for. I'm proud of you. My belief is you work until u just can't. The elderly and disabled. I work and hope to always be able to. But someday I may need help. But for those who just sit and do nothing including trying to make themselves a life do not deserve help. I know so many who work and deserve to not have to but do till they can't. What angers me is the young ppl who go out to the clubs are involved in drugs and seen drinking more than the average joe, I find problem with. If you can party and dance your butt can work. I'm sorry about your stroke. I took care of my father in law who worked hard all his left till he had a massive stroke destroying his entire left side. He died a year later wishing he could have lived a full life. So I can see your pain.
Thank you, God has brought me along way in the last year just started therapy about 3 wks ago. They come to my house I couldn't afford the gas to drive somewhere. God has worked everything out.
get a job

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

alan wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, God has brought me along way in the last year just started therapy about 3 wks ago. They come to my house I couldn't afford the gas to drive somewhere. God has worked everything out.
don't hate anybody if you really need the help take it. If you don't fall in the category I have referred to in my post then you should not be offended.
Smiley

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

You know I have a great job working at refinery and drive decent truck I pay my taxes, and have two children I do not receive child support on. I use lone star card and they know everything I earn, I do not abuse it and I barely get 125.00 on it a month I struggle but I work for it and I have second job, i do not have brand new car. Cost of living is high.
bbb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

My husband and I have begun to struggle recently. His job is highly dependent upon sales and the economy just isn't conducive to a sale position right now. We have 3 kids and both work such strange hours that we can't find a 2nd job to fill in our little time off. When I mentioned to him that I thought we should apply, he became adamant that we should definitely not. He doesnt think benefits should be used just because its convenient. We are making it and will continue to survive. Our kids eat healthier than most and are very healthy, so we are blessed. I sometime get angry when I take a few dollars to the store for a specific item and see someone pay for junk with their food stamps, but I know exactly how far in life anger will get me: nowhere.
Jane Doe

Tatum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

bbb wrote:
My husband and I have begun to struggle recently. His job is highly dependent upon sales and the economy just isn't conducive to a sale position right now. We have 3 kids and both work such strange hours that we can't find a 2nd job to fill in our little time off. When I mentioned to him that I thought we should apply, he became adamant that we should definitely not. He doesnt think benefits should be used just because its convenient. We are making it and will continue to survive. Our kids eat healthier than most and are very healthy, so we are blessed. I sometime get angry when I take a few dollars to the store for a specific item and see someone pay for junk with their food stamps, but I know exactly how far in life anger will get me: nowhere.
The other day I bought a diet pespi I felt so bad. But I was thirsty. Please forgive me. But you know what I can't buy toilet paper or other personal things either I can't even afford dog food. But I had the dogs when I became disabled. Don't judge people just because they bought some junk food with their card we are human too. I'll let you walk in my shoes at least you can work I'm not able to. I promise I never by a diet pespi again pr any other kind of snack. God please forgive me.
Observation

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Saw someone using a lone star card tonight. Funny that he had money for all the tattoos all over himself but not enough to pay for his own food. Doesn't have enough money to feed himself, his wife and the child that was with them yet she is pregnant. Guess the tax payers have to pay to feed that kid too.
Been there

Royal, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Bit you don't even know his story? Oilfield laying off left and right. What if he used to busy his ass but doesn't have a Job now, always freaking suspicious ppl. Mind you're business less you're willing to ask him for his story.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Henderson Forum right now

Search the Henderson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 min Gasman 21,660
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Gasman 17,187
Brent Neibert (May '12) Tue lol 46
Dawn Gilmore Mon Hummm 1
Lone Star card (Aug '12) Mon Just Saying 36
Judge: New charge for driver involved in fatal ... Sun bebe 1
Henderson lawman will retire after 40 years of ... Sun bebe 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Henderson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000