Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Judged:

For those of you who actually NEED the help you receive from Lone Star Cards, this isn't about you.
I was in the check-out line at Wal-Mart today behind a woman with 3 hyperactive small children (one more so than the others). Having nothing else to do, I watched as the cashier rang up her purchases. There were several packages of cookie mix, iced pop tarts, snack crackers, and not one, but six 12-packs of Dr. Pepper. I was thinking, no wonder her kids are hyper, there was not one thing in that entire cart of groceries that was nutritious food. Imagine my surprise when she whipped out a Lone Star Card and paid for it. The kids also had squeaky toys (like for pets) that they were constantly squeezing (those were on the bill, too). As I was leaving the parking lot, I saw them again--getting into a new Dodge, gas guzzling SUV. I can't justify buying one 12-pack of Dr. Pepper, but I'm paying for a fat, lazy white woman with three obnoxious kids to buy six. And that, floks, is how our tax dollars are being spent. Now don't you feel better?
xyz

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Judged:

Was she driving the SUV, how do you know she owned it. Why didn't you just follow her home to see where she lived. And what does fat and white have to do with anything? If she had been black and skinny, would that have mattered?
DoubleWideHeaven

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Judged:

... and we saw your picture at WalMart on this website:
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
Hendersonite

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Judged:

I feel the same way you (and many others) feel. Try driving down on Jacksonville Dr. near St. Paul St. and look at the vehicles that are parked in the lot where FREE food is handed out to those "in need" and you'll get madder.

I drive a 20-year-old vehicle, go to work 5 days a week, and don't expect anything free to be given to me. Meanwhile, I see people (Yes, usually fat, obese, overweight) pull up at this particular place in vehicles who don't appear to NEED free food. I've seen them hauling out several bags of it, get into nice vehicles, and drive off. It's usually around the lunch hour, when I'm going to the Sonic nearby because that's about all I can afford right now.
I always make it a point to look at exactly HOW NEW the cars are at this place. What a disgrace!

My point is.....if they can AFFORD a vehicle that's relatively NEW then why the free food give-away to them? I'll probably catch hell on my stance on this subject but it makes me furious that so many people EXPECT free stuff and get it. Is it really that easy to "appear" needy?(Especially if you weigh over 300 pounds or have a houseful of kids who are just as fat!!!)

People who REALLY need help with things are the ones who have a little pride left and they don't WANT handouts or freebies!!! They'd rather do without than appear "needy" and I admire them for their integrity. They also usually WORK which is a LOT more than some of the freeloaders who are getting everything for free and getting fatter by the day. The kids of the freeloaders also learn "the system" at an early age because they see just how easy it is to accomplish.

When does the madness end? Sorry if my comments make some of you mad but I'm fed up with "the system" that is turning this country upside down.
omg

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Judged:

xyz wrote:
Was she driving the SUV, how do you know she owned it. Why didn't you just follow her home to see where she lived. And what does fat and white have to do with anything? If she had been black and skinny, would that have mattered?
I don't care what race, creed, color, etc. Abuse of the welfare system is abuse of the welfare system. Unfortunately because of people like the one I saw, some people who actually NEED help, do not get it.
observer

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Judged:

Many people expect free stuff and can afford to pay at least something for it. It is the entitlement theory. People want their basic needs met by someone else (taxpayers) so that their income can go to the cell phone , new car. new designer purse, and of course the hair and nail salons. Pitiful In the meantime, I don't want to take my child to the doctor because my health insurance deductable isn't met and I'll manage on my own. It is awful how people make poor choices about life and their future and expect the government to then take care of them and their kids.
VIEW- HENDERSON TX

Tatum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Judged:

just,because peoples are in acertain car ,do it mean.they own it or do,they come out andpick up thing s for the needy . I,MY SELF GO OUT WITHPEOPLES CARDS OFALL KINDS. TO HELP OUT. BUTMAYBE YOU WANTS SOME FOOD STAMPS SOO GETS SOME BUSINE.BECAUSE, WHEN I SHOPPING I DONT CARE WHAT IN SOMEONE ESLE SHOPPING CART .AS LONG ASPURSE ISNOT HAVING TO PAY FOR IT
Learn to speak and spell

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Judged:

VIEW- HENDERSON TX wrote:
just,because peoples are in acertain car ,do it mean.they own it or do,they come out andpick up thing s for the needy . I,MY SELF GO OUT WITHPEOPLES CARDS OFALL KINDS. TO HELP OUT. BUTMAYBE YOU WANTS SOME FOOD STAMPS SOO GETS SOME BUSINE.BECAUSE, WHEN I SHOPPING I DONT CARE WHAT IN SOMEONE ESLE SHOPPING CART .AS LONG ASPURSE ISNOT HAVING TO PAY FOR IT
What language is it you are attempting to use. Do the people with the white jackets know that you're loose?
VIEW- HENDERSON TX

Tatum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Judged:

no,.....but if I SAW YOU THEY SAID YOU NEED TO COME BACK FOR YOUR MEDICATION.
Learn to speak and spell

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

VIEW- HENDERSON TX wrote:
no,.....but if I SAW YOU THEY SAID YOU NEED TO COME BACK FOR YOUR MEDICATION.
You're a regular laugh riot, aren't you?
Heeeeee

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

I think some one got spitting mad HAHAH
Watermelondra

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Judged:

Learn to speak and spell wrote:
<quoted text>
What language is it you are attempting to use. Do the people with the white jackets know that you're loose?
It sounds a little like English as spoken by Tonto from the Lone Ranger. LOL
funny

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Judged:

no, just regular folk from henderson. have a different style that only is theirs.
Just Sayin

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Judged:

funny wrote:
no, just regular folk from henderson. have a different style that only is theirs.
I'm a regular person and I do not speak or write that wayl
The system is broken

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

A few years ago, I was a single mom in Henderson, working 3 jobs and trying to get by. I would go shop at the Food Lion... remember that one? Behind McDonalds, where you had to bag your own groceries. It would take me about an hour going up and down the aisles trying to get exactly what I needed to be able to feed my daughter for a week on the $14 I had left after paying my bills. I drove an old car that my brother-in-law cosigned for me so I could get to my three jobs.

Then I would get in line behind someone with THREE grocery carts overflowing, talking about how much she was going to have to pay for the hamburger meat she was getting TO FEED TO HER DOG because dog food wasn't covered by food stamps. This was in the days before the Lone Star Card. She pulled out a wad of wrinkled up food stamp vouchers and ONE QUARTER, then loaded all of her groceries out to put them in a nice new maroon sedan. Yes, I remember details because I was soooooo mad.

I thought about that a long time and finally decided it wasn't fair to my daughter to have to go without when others were abusing the system that way. I went down and applied for food stamps. I was turned down because I actually worked and made too much money.

When I relayed the story about the woman in the grocery store, the ONLY comment the woman made was, "That must not have been her car."

THAT is what is wrong with the system. It is, indeed, broken!
u r kidding me

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Been there done that, these people bilk the system and make me sick. you shop and pay and only get a little, while they eat high on the hog with our money. System stinks.
Just Sayin

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

u r kidding me wrote:
Been there done that, these people bilk the system and make me sick. you shop and pay and only get a little, while they eat high on the hog with our money. System stinks.
Exactly. I stood in line at the service desk at Kroger to pay my electric bill behind a Mexican woman sending cash to Mexico. I also got behind her in the check-out line. She paid for her stuff (a lot of stuff) with a Lone Star card. I'm sure when she went to the Welfare office to ask for assistance she had a bi-lingual worker especially hired so she could ask in HER language. You are right...the system stinks.
Hendersonite

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

How does ACCOUNTABILITY work when one has a Lone Star card? Are people allowed to get anything (food) they want with one? It's okay that they can buy several CASES of soft drinks at one time? Who the hell checks on this kind of abuse of the taxpayers money? Seems like it would be very easy to run a report since the cards are scanned in to a computer, right?

Again - When does this useless spending stop? Instead of bitching on this board to everyone, I think I'm going to make some inquiries to the right people about the abuse and mis-use of the Lone Star cards. If we all do it, it's a start in the right direction. Demand some answers. You're paying for 'em!!!

I think if I see someone in line at Kroger or Walmart and they are buying nothing but absolute JUNK and paying for it all with MY tax dollars, I'm going to say something to them. Embarrass them, maybe? I want them to KNOW it pisses me off that I have to pay for their laziness. I might get thrown out of the store for a "verbal altercation" but I'll make my point.

If we all say nothing, the Lone Star card users will still waste money, day after day, and the problem will still exist and get bigger. I want those people to KNOW that I'm watching their spending sprees and I plan to help stop their abuse of the system. The Lone Star card was designed for people who truly NEED help. It wasn't designed for those who EXPECT a handout or those who are just lazy and want everything free. This entire subject makes me mad as hell.

Say nothing = expect nothing

u r kidding me

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

the sad thing about the whole thing is that those luxuries are allowed with the lone star card, didnt used to be that way but it is now.
omg

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

u r kidding me wrote:
the sad thing about the whole thing is that those luxuries are allowed with the lone star card, didnt used to be that way but it is now.
Can they or can they not also get cash off them like a debit card?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Henderson Forum right now

Search the Henderson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 34 min Imperial Chicano 17,291
Judge: New charge for driver involved in fatal ... 4 hr whatever 7
Wendy Davis too liberal for texas 5 hr whatever 4
Lawnmnower repair 5 hr Yo yo 1
Anyone has bought from Oasap? What about the qu... (Nov '13) 6 hr Catherine 2
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 7 hr That Fart Guy 21,736
Henderson lawman will retire after 40 years of ... 11 hr Just me 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Henderson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE