Henderson Syrup Festival

Posted in the Henderson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Sayin

Odessa, TX

#1 Nov 6, 2013
Who made the decision that you can only go to the syurp making or the downtown. I you have to go phase by phase and stage by stage like it was stated on KPXI. I guess S. Cross wants to lead everyone around like a bunch of 1st graders. Look at me...I'm in charge. Bullcrap. Last time I checked no one came to the festival to see her. You don't have to shop like this in Wal-Mart. That's why the syrup festival will never top the Gilmer Yambaree of Alley Fest. Why can't people just come and enjoy themselves and not have a wanna be trying to run things.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
Who made the decision that you can only go to the syurp making or the downtown. I you have to go phase by phase and stage by stage like it was stated on KPXI. I guess S. Cross wants to lead everyone around like a bunch of 1st graders. Look at me...I'm in charge. Bullcrap. Last time I checked no one came to the festival to see her. You don't have to shop like this in Wal-Mart. That's why the syrup festival will never top the Gilmer Yambaree of Alley Fest. Why can't people just come and enjoy themselves and not have a wanna be trying to run things.
Ya keep it up and you will be banned from attending.
henerson

Dallas, TX

#3 Nov 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
You can go where you want to when you want to dumb a$$. No one is trying to lead you where they want you to go or anywhere you don't want to go. The Syrup Festival has already topped the Yambaree,,,who in the hell wants to go to Gilmer any way. Well maybe some people do enjoy associating with heathens and inbreds. As for that Alley Fest in Longview, its the place to be if you wanna see a bunch of drunks falling around and puking on the side walks. At least it brings the crack hoes out of south Longview and the bums off Hwy 80 into downtown.
Fun in the Sun

Memphis, TN

#4 Nov 7, 2013
I like the syrup festival. It seems much more organized in the past couple of years Downtown improvements will help out and the city has really done well in the past 3 years.
henderson resident

United States

#5 Nov 8, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
I think Mrs. Cross does an excellent job and has for many years. The Syrup Festival is fun for everyone and is very well organized. Sounds like you have a personal problem with her and that is yours to deal with. I am sure she would discuss it with you if you would go to her office instead of talking trash hiding behind a computer screen.
Gilmer

Henderson, TX

#6 Nov 8, 2013
henerson wrote:
<quoted text>You can go where you want to when you want to dumb a$$. No one is trying to lead you where they want you to go or anywhere you don't want to go. The Syrup Festival has already topped the Yambaree,,,who in the hell wants to go to Gilmer any way. Well maybe some people do enjoy associating with heathens and inbreds. As for that Alley Fest in Longview, its the place to be if you wanna see a bunch of drunks falling around and puking on the side walks. At least it brings the crack hoes out of south Longview and the bums off Hwy 80 into downtown.
I disagree with both of you. I applaud the effort both towns put forth to share its history. To each their own and I know how protective we all are of our hometowns. I wouldn't say The Syrup fest has topped the Yamborree, it's just different and more of a fair with livestock shows, marching contest, a pageant and parades, etc. No need for anyone to get upset. We are all entitled to our opinion but to name people that go there "heathens and inbred" is just ignorant. I have been to both and honestly the people are about the same except Henderson may gossip a little more.
no1important

Palestine, TX

#7 Nov 8, 2013
my family always has a great time.
smitty

United States

#8 Nov 8, 2013
Seems like it is a safer way to run it for the children but I agree that adaults do have the right of freedom.. I just want to go see some cars and talk to the drivers.. My GF just wants to go to get out. My kids just want to hang out with friends from school.. what is really wrong with that..
smitty

United States

#9 Nov 9, 2013
Turned out great..
texas

Huntsville, TX

#10 Nov 10, 2013
Had a blast at the festival. Can't wait for next year
icee

Longview, TX

#11 Nov 10, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
I agree
Smh

Henderson, TX

#12 Nov 11, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
What are you even talking about. You can go downtown AND to the syrup making or just do one or the other. Your post makes no sense. Henderson has one of the best festivals around. Something for everyone.. Old cars, crafts, shopping, music, dancing, food even a melodrama.
Just Sayin

Dallas, TX

#13 Nov 12, 2013
Smh wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you even talking about. You can go downtown AND to the syrup making or just do one or the other. Your post makes no sense. Henderson has one of the best festivals around. Something for everyone.. Old cars, crafts, shopping, music, dancing, food even a melodrama.
I'm going by what was said on the radio. Quote, "This year you can either go downtown or to the depot. There will be different stages you can go to". I have been proven wrong. It was the same way that it has always been. I apologize.
Tish

Henderson, TX

#14 Nov 12, 2013
Why don't they put all of the food in one area of the festival, I don't care anything about walking around and trying to shop with the smoke that's coming from all the BQ pits blowing in my face. I didn't attend this year just for this very reason. The whole Main St. is taken up with food and tables , Please Susanne Cross do something about this. If you put the food in it's own area, you would have much more room for craft booths, I get no enjoyment coming to a festival to watch people eat!
I HEAR YA

Baton Rouge, LA

#15 Nov 12, 2013
Tish wrote:
Why don't they put all of the food in one area of the festival, I don't care anything about walking around and trying to shop with the smoke that's coming from all the BQ pits blowing in my face. I didn't attend this year just for this very reason. The whole Main St. is taken up with food and tables , Please Susanne Cross do something about this. If you put the food in it's own area, you would have much more room for craft booths, I get no enjoyment coming to a festival to watch people eat!
AMEN.....also would b nice if the whole thing was a little bit more handicap accessible!
Unbeliever

Henderson, TX

#16 Nov 12, 2013
You guys need to stop complaining. There is no utopia. If you don't like the way the festival is planned get involved and do something. I would imagine Ms. Cross is planning next year's festival as we speak. In summary stop pissing and moaning and do something or make any kind of effort that you would think might make the festival better. Piss and moan, piss and moan; shut up and do something.
the truth

Tyler, TX

#17 Nov 12, 2013
Just stay at home if its a issue. Nobody makes anbody go against their will. People always complaining about something. If you don't like the smoke go the opposite direction crybaby.
Yum

Odessa, TX

#18 Nov 12, 2013
The whole reason I go is to eat! I love the smell of Barbeque.
Skunky smeelz

Lynchburg, VA

#19 Nov 14, 2013
Now ,let me see here, all this uproar is about syrup? We got a walmart here.they always have lots .different kinds,different sizes. One looks like a gal.now I like syrup ,but I ain't gonna walk the streets trying to get to it.folks fighting. Stinking like barbecue meat.getting mad,no doubt the sugar must be dropping , they need to be like ol buddy the elf. Keep syrup in a sleeve.ever had sorghum? We have folks get riled about that around here. They get singers and pickers all gather up then folks come and look at the sorghum , like I said they got stuff at Walmart. I can't think of a reason one to sing about sticky food ,
bazinga

Grapevine, TX

#20 Nov 15, 2013
If you think about it for a second, you'll realize the "stages" referenced were likely the stages used for the musicians. Makes sense to me that the radio commercial would mention the musical performances and literal stages.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snitches in Rusk Co 8 hr chopitup 7
latest Oct 18 Be Happy 7
Crazy beaches and welfare checks Oct 17 Stupidisasstupidoes 4
brighwell place (Oct '12) Oct 16 Hereisyourtruth 36
Unsolved murders (Mar '07) Oct 16 Wow 130
henderson texas is a racist godless town (Feb '08) Oct 16 Miranda 1,001
Crime in Overton (Dec '10) Oct 16 one too 12

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance