Henderson lions
OMG

Marshall, TX

#32 Sep 30, 2013
And just to think. ALot of you guys raised hell about Meeks. Bet you wish you had him back now.
Lion Backer

Henderson, TX

#34 Sep 30, 2013
We are all frustrated I am sure. But to down these coaches is not right. They are still learning the kids...the kids are still learning the system... and in most of the losses it has just been us killing ourselves. Either with penalties, turno overs, or questionable play calls. I think that the Coaching staff will get it together and these kids will gel and be fine. We lost a lot of talent and are having the growing pains that are associated with a winning program. It cannot continue indefinitely. At some point you have to re load. And for all of you that are looking over the coaches shoulders and critiquing them every week I wonder how you would like it if someone came to your job and looked over your shoulder and told you how to better put the fries in the bag?!?! They are adults and knew the criticism they would have to endure in their chosen occupation but, with a little support and a litle time I think you will see a bigger and better football program and athletic program overall. Just wait and see how it goes.
thetruth

Tyler, TX

#35 Sep 30, 2013
The coaches must take some of the blame. I do understand inexperience and maybe a drop off of talent but the coaches must stick to their game plan. And personally I think our talent level is not bad. No its not like previous years but its not hopeless.We can not go a whole half without running the ball. There must be some balance. The quarterback is not a running back.I am not faulting the kids but I do fault the coaches to some extent because thats why they get paid. I do like the teaching of developing our young boys into men, but he was hired to win games as well.Oh by the way, I did not agree with Meeks, but he did go to some middle school games. I seen him there several times. Another thing, I do support the band,twirlers etc, but the halftime is too long. I dont care what you say. Just because you won sweepstakes, do not permit you to go overboard.
thetruth

Tyler, TX

#36 Sep 30, 2013
Oh by the way, coaches should adapt to the athletes strenght.
icee

United States

#38 Sep 30, 2013
Yes! We aren't talking about the kids at all! It's not their fault they are being led by a bunch of retards. So what are they left to do? Tell someone that their coaches suck? Let's see how that works out for them. So as a patent! I will say it!! The coaches suck!!!!!!!!!
you are a "Moron"

United States

#40 Oct 1, 2013
icee wrote:
Yes! We aren't talking about the kids at all! It's not their fault they are being led by a bunch of retards. So what are they left to do? Tell someone that their coaches suck? Let's see how that works out for them. So as a patent! I will say it!! The coaches suck!!!!!!!!!
I would be ashamed to admit I was a parent posting on Topix about how the coaches "Suck." Let me just tell you Mr Sideline coach/Parent, S.F.A is 39 miles down the road. Go get your Kinesiology ( coaching degree bc I know you didn't know that) degree and start applying for your next sideline parent bashing job. If it's so easy then you shouldn't have a problem. I can only imagine you probably barely scraped by to get your high school diploma.
Experience

United States

#41 Oct 1, 2013
lapdt45 wrote:
Ok lets try this again because some of you are not UNDERSTANDING!! No one is not bashing the kids . The adults over them are the problem. So get it thru your heads we are not talking about the kids!!!!! I hope you understand now!!!!!!!
Double negative. Takes the edge off of your razor commentary.
icee

Henderson, TX

#43 Oct 1, 2013
[QUOTE who="you are a "Moron""]<qu oted text>I would be ashamed to admit I was a parent posting on Topix about how the coaches "Suck." Let me just tell you Mr Sideline coach/Parent, S.F.A is 39 miles down the road. Go get your Kinesiology ( coaching degree bc I know you didn't know that) degree and start applying for your next sideline parent bashing job. If it's so easy then you shouldn't have a problem. I can only imagine you probably barely scraped by to get your high school diploma.[/QUOTE]
Hey guess what ? The coaches still suck!! And I'm sure I could buy your broke ass and give you away.
the truth

Tyler, TX

#44 Oct 2, 2013
Lets stick to the problems and not disrespect one another.There is nothing wrong with a good discussion about issues. The issue thats faces us as parents and fans remain the same. Coaches must put our guys in the best position to win. We must have a balance attack across the board. Yes our guys make mistakes on the field but the coaches must admit mistakes as well. Just like last year with Meeks. He would not admit any mistakes on his part or the coaching staff. Why do we always want our kids to admit their mistakes but adults wont admit theirs?
waterboy

Jacksonville, TX

#45 Oct 3, 2013
If my memory serves me correctly about this time last year lapdt45 was willing to hold a clinic to teach Coach Meeks and his staff a few things. Maybe he still has those clinic notes.
critic

Henderson, TX

#46 Oct 3, 2013
There's going to be a clinic held on Friday night at Lobo Stadium.
critic

Henderson, TX

#47 Oct 3, 2013
Friday Oct. 12
LoL

Huffman, TX

#48 Oct 3, 2013
critic wrote:
Friday Oct. 12
Ok if you're going to be negative at least get it right otherwise you just look like a DumbA@@!! Oct. 12 is a Saturday!!
the truth

Tyler, TX

#51 Oct 3, 2013
I feel for the guys playing. We probably will come out strong in the begining but like the pattern of the year, we will come out in the second half going south. We never stick to the first half game plan. If a coach is out there looking at topix, please help our guys out and put them in the best position to compete. I am totally frustrated with the lack of inconsistency from the coaching staff. I was told by a person around east texas footbal that coach castles can not coach. I was giving him the benefit of doubt but I am starting to believe the rumors. Great job school board. Why we didnt hire one of our own. system was already in place but somebody wanted to make sure their son plays. WOW
Experience

United States

#53 Oct 4, 2013
lapdt45 wrote:
I feel like the coaches are brain dead or something.
This is such a funny coincidence. I was just thinking the same thing about you! But, I digress. Now back to the serious discussion.
the truth

Tyler, TX

#55 Oct 4, 2013
It amazing that people on the forum hate the truth. The coaches are not doing a good job point blank. We still have a chance to make the playoffs but for some strange feeling I believe that they will screw that up. All we have to do is win against spring hill, bullard and gladewater. Teams we should beat but the coaches will find a way to screw that up as well. Good grief. Please somebody help!!!!!
The truth

United States

#57 Oct 4, 2013
It's the case. I understand that change takes time but this is ridiculous .
lapst45

Longview, TX

#59 Oct 8, 2013
Did Supt. Boles Fire Coach Meek in order for his son to shine for the next two seasons? This is what I heard from a reliable source!! Wow so this is how people with power throw their weight around. Hmmmmm it explains why his son has been one of the captains of the game every week.He's calling the shots thru Coach Castle.I guess Supt. Boles has become a puppet master lol
lapdt45

Longview, TX

#60 Oct 8, 2013
Well let's just say that Supt. Boles had an hand in Meeks leaving lol. I wasn't big fan of Meeks but My God the things a person will do to get ahead!!!!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#61 Oct 8, 2013
GREAT ACTION!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City judge Sat Concerned 1
Kevin Alexander? (May '17) Fri bigfoot 7
Brian Keith Woods May 24 Bnr01 2
Brian Keith Wiods May 24 Lost 1
Review: PRO Star Rentals (Jul '15) May 21 Mark Jones 2
Henderson cop May 19 Just wondering 6
janet nirmaier (May '17) May 19 Family 2

Henderson Jobs

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages