Want to change the name of the football stadium?

Created by Nancy on Oct 17, 2007

310 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No, who is Fred Jackson?

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Nancy

Henderson, TX

#1 Oct 17, 2007
Several people have approched the HISD School Board about changing the name of Henderson Lions Stadium to the Fred Jackson Memorial Stadium to honor Fred Jackson, who was the football coach in the 60's. What are your thoughts??? I think it's crazy!!! There has already been discussion at a school board meeting. The agenda just had "Stadium Change". Sounds like the board is trying to sneak one past us! This sould not be something that they can do without voter appoval!!! This is everyones stadium, not just theirs. Let's keep it Henderson Lions Stadium!!!!
Nancy

Henderson, TX

#2 Oct 17, 2007
If you are voting yes, please stop and convince the rest of us.
like always

Henderson, TX

#3 Oct 17, 2007
If we don't keep up with it, It will be named something else too like in Tyler. For intance: The Cellular One Lions Stadium or McDonalds Stadium... So everyone keeps your ears to the wall. I think it should stay Henderson Lions Stadium. Maybe they should work on making the parking better.
like always

Henderson, TX

#4 Oct 17, 2007
And if it is named after Mr. Jackson, some ohter familys will get their feelings hurt(that's just Henderson)
Same with the new School(s) they are building, will they name it Wylie Elementary?
like always

Henderson, TX

#5 Oct 17, 2007
sorry about all the typos.

Since: Oct 07

Henderson, TX

#6 Oct 17, 2007
I'm sentimental. Leave the name as it is. HooRay for Mr. Ashby and his comments to the Board.
Longview

Longview, TX

#7 Oct 17, 2007
The board is sneaky. Watch out Lion Stadium....

Since: Sep 07

Stevens Point, WI

#8 Oct 17, 2007
LuV H-ToWn wrote:
I'm sentimental. Leave the name as it is. HooRay for Mr. Ashby and his comments to the Board.
What did he say?
Question

United States

#9 Oct 17, 2007
Longview wrote:
The board is sneaky. Watch out Lion Stadium....
If you had read the HDN you would know the board did not bring the name change up. Two individual s did, one from henderson and one from longview,
so get your facts correct.
Longview

Longview, TX

#10 Oct 17, 2007
2 individuals may have brought it up. but like i said, the board is sneaky. watch out Lion Stadium.
By the way Nancy also thinks the same way. Question, please get your panty's out of a wad.
Question

United States

#11 Oct 17, 2007
Longview wrote:
2 individuals may have brought it up. but like i said, the board is sneaky. watch out Lion Stadium.
By the way Nancy also thinks the same way. Question, please get your panty's out of a wad.
Your so out of the know about anything it is amazing
luvnit

Henderson, TX

#12 Oct 18, 2007
Nancy wrote:
Several people have approched the HISD School Board about changing the name of Henderson Lions Stadium to the Fred Jackson Memorial Stadium to honor Fred Jackson, who was the football coach in the 60's. What are your thoughts??? I think it's crazy!!! There has already been discussion at a school board meeting. The agenda just had "Stadium Change". Sounds like the board is trying to sneak one past us! This sould not be something that they can do without voter appoval!!! This is everyones stadium, not just theirs. Let's keep it Henderson Lions Stadium!!!!
My understanding from someone who attends school board meetings is that it is a done deal at the november meeting......better get some people up there if you don't want it to happen......I agree it should not be changed.....I don't know Mr. Jackson either & have nothing against him, but what about that ex principal that gave a few million dollars to the school a few years back???? Lots of people have been a good influence on kids here I would imagine.......
luvnit

Henderson, TX

#13 Oct 18, 2007
Longview wrote:
sneaky is mild for them........they are worse than sneaky.....so is the supt and his asst. Better flood them with phone calls or you'll see a new sign at Lion Stadium very soon.......how about letters to the editor????
Question

United States

#14 Oct 18, 2007
luvnit wrote:
<quoted text>sneaky is mild for them........they are worse than sneaky.....so is the supt and his asst. Better flood them with phone calls or you'll see a new sign at Lion Stadium very soon.......how about letters to the editor????
You are so unaware on anything is is amazing
Nancy

Henderson, TX

#15 Oct 18, 2007
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had read the HDN you would know the board did not bring the name change up. Two individual s did, one from henderson and one from longview,
so get your facts correct.
What business does someone from Lonview have coming over here and pushing his weight around? Stay in Longview!!!
mbs

Henderson, TX

#16 Oct 18, 2007
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>
What business does someone from Lonview have coming over here and pushing his weight around? Stay in Longview!!!
I agree!
breezy

Henderson, TX

#17 Oct 18, 2007
I don't really think it matters what henderson wants I think the board will do as it wants like always.
RCTWR

Henderson, TX

#18 Oct 18, 2007
Leave the stadium name alone. If they want to name one after Jackson wait till a new one is built...which will never happen. Why not name it George Boals field...he was a lots better motivator. Jackson won lots of games for sure but he wasn't a good winner.
luvnit

Henderson, TX

#19 Oct 18, 2007
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so unaware on anything is is amazing
You just wait.....then you will know who is unaware..........
luvnit

Henderson, TX

#20 Oct 18, 2007
breezy wrote:
I don't really think it matters what henderson wants I think the board will do as it wants like always.
I totally agree........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Henderson is so pathetic 16 hr Autumn283428 8
Lone Star card (Aug '12) Fri WTF 40
man at mcdonald's Dec 18 Sterling Marlin 3
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
bedroom confessions Dec 15 motion 5
Henderson man charged with manslaughter in 2007... (Feb '09) Dec 15 c tiner 26
Companionship Dec 14 tom 9
Henderson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Henderson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Henderson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]