First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sadness

United States

#1 Jan 21, 2013
It's sad that all of you all are exploiting a child's suicide for attention on face book
Anonymous

United States

#2 Jan 21, 2013
I "a fellow friend of her's" is posting things about her and well i dont care for attention, I care for her, and well she doesn't deserve to die cause of A holes like you :D

Jackson, TN

#3 Jan 21, 2013
Sadness wrote:
It's sad that all of you all are exploiting a child's suicide for attention on face book
Let these children express their feelings. It isn't hurting anyone. What hurts is when people ignore a problem until it is too late.
cordinne

Johnson City, TN

#4 Jan 21, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Let these children express their feelings. It isn't hurting anyone. What hurts is when people ignore a problem until it is too late.
Agreed!!!! By telling these kids that they are exploiting Ilyssa's death by asking for likes to send a prayer, expressesing their feelings through social media, of even posting how much they miss her on this site you are technically bullying them. Let them express their pain how they feel is right as long as it is not in a derogatory way.
april

Lexington, TN

#5 Jan 21, 2013
I am confident that the communication on FB is not with the intention of exploiting this child. If attention and awareness brought to this situation helps even 1 person I'm sure she and her family would want that. These kids that know her will be changed forever, let them express their grief and frustration. Shame on you for even thinking of pointing a finger of judgement at their grief.
Seth massengill

United States

#6 Jan 21, 2013
It's so sad to know that she killed herself because of she wanted attention. I don't care for attention I care for her because she was one of my best friends. I love you Ilyssa. We all love you
Seth

United States

#7 Jan 21, 2013
I will pray for you every night. I will miss you so much and I love you a lot. It won't be the same not seeing you at school every day. That was the good times we made real funny jokes and laughed a lot. I will miss you. If you are reading this you will always know that I love you NO MATTER WHAT.
Just Me

United States

#8 Jan 22, 2013
It s truly a tragedy when anyone dies. Bullying is a problem but it is a problem hat is not going to go away. Bullies have been around since we have been on Earth. What ever hpened to teaching our children to deal with things, to oll with the punches? The Bible says Jesus turned the other cheek. I say we teach our children not to bully others but as well how to deal with them. I want to know how someone gets so depressed that they can actually take their own life and noone know abut it? Is that the real problem? So many people say now that they cared so much but yet she felt alone enough to take her own life. It is truly a tragedy and it sucks.
sick

Cedar Grove, TN

#9 Jan 22, 2013
Why is she gone yet you still talk bout her.
sad

Bolivar, TN

#10 Jan 22, 2013
zero tolerance to bullies!!!i think if the school rules should be manatory that if a child tells that they being bullied then the principal should take severe punishment 1st time 3 days suspended and made stand up in frount of school and apolige to that student that was bullied in frount of all their peers!!! 2nd time suspended for rest of year 3rd time not allowed back at school or on school property.maybe they would get the message across that it affects lives its not fun and games.
buford

Tucker, GA

#11 Jan 22, 2013
I think that the ones who were bullying her should have to stand in front of everyone at her funeral and tell exactly what hurtful things they said to her.
Then they should be removed from the school system and parents hit with a fine.
well

Tucker, GA

#12 Jan 22, 2013
When i was younger we didn't take a bullys crap if they were to many r to big wed get help and kick there a?? This bullying thing has gotten outa hand kids screw the teachers and principles hit that little shi? When they start and i promise thell quit it always worked when i was in school
trisha

Memphis, TN

#13 Jan 22, 2013
This site didn't help her either
Just Me

United States

#14 Jan 22, 2013
There have been bullies since the dawn of time. There will always be mean people. It is satan's way, one of his ways at least of attacking us. You will never ever stop bullies. We are supposed to not only teach our children to treat others the way we want to be treated but also how to deal with them and move on. This girl did not wake up one morning and decide to do this. If she was so loved by everyone and had so many friends then where were all of them when she was bullied? Where were they when she was so depressed that she took her life? Suicide does not get arrived at overnight, it's a slow fade. Bullies and mean people will always be a problem, teach our kids how to cope and deal and most of all show those around us that we care WHILE THEY ARE ALIVE!!!!!!
Bob

Shreveport, LA

#15 Jan 22, 2013
april wrote:
I am confident that the communication on FB is not with the intention of exploiting this child. If attention and awareness brought to this situation helps even 1 person I'm sure she and her family would want that. These kids that know her will be changed forever, let them express their grief and frustration. Shame on you for even thinking of pointing a finger of judgement at their grief.
And it comforts her mom
fedup2

United States

#16 Jan 23, 2013
What a lot of ppl don't understand is even when ur child stands up for themselves. Their the ones who get in trouble. And yes i talked to the principal n nothing gets done. But If ur child brought a knife or weapon of sum sort. They would be dealt with. Guess what? The bullys use their fists or push others And use their tongues. All these things are weapons! Btw there r more actions taking if ur child doesn't have a belt or wears the wrong color coat !!!
fedup2

United States

#17 Jan 23, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
And it comforts her mom
I'm sure it does comfort the family or at least hope so. Prayers are being said for her Mom n all those who loved her.
fedup2

United States

#18 Jan 23, 2013
Sadness wrote:
Ppl are making this tragedy known to try and prevent it from happening again! I would think anyone should realize that. A lot of ppl are praying for her family.
in his eyes

Medon, TN

#19 Jan 23, 2013
sick wrote:
Why is she gone yet you still talk bout her.
yes she is , and in the eyes of her class mates she will never be forgotten. and these kids have every right to talk about her. maybe you are one of the bullies !
Just Me

United States

#20 Jan 23, 2013
This tragedy was not caused by bullies. If this girl was depressed enough to go through with taking her own life then there as an underlying problem. The bullying may have pushed her over the edge ut there is another problem at stake here. People continue to point the finger of blame and insist on how other parents teach their kids and insist it's the school's problem. They do not want to be parents themselves and teach their children how to cope with life nd deal with things. From what I understand the bullying was not even at school but at someone's house and involved a boy and some stuck up girls. Tell me how that is the school's fault? Why is everyone pitching a fit about talking to the principle? Why not talk to your own dang parents? If you can't then again there is another issue at stake. There have been mean insensitive peopl and "bullies" since time began and it is not going to stop now.
If your child gets a SUNBURN do you pitch a fit and try and make the sun stop burning people? No you teach your child hownot to get burned and when they do how to treat it.
Again I will ask,,,, where were all you people that claim to care for and Love this girl when she was supposedly being bullied? It seems to me that if you all cared this much it would have never happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Married men 4 hr Female 25
Chief of police 14 hr Tigers 1
Sexting (Mar '12) Dec 12 dreamer 11
Cops at CCHS Dec 11 What 3
Parade Dec 11 Toolate 2
Why do people live just to trash others? Dec 11 Turtle 4
Leighanne Grimes Thompson (Mar '12) Dec 10 Dr Phil 8

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance