man murders mother
Amy Bailey

United States

#1 Feb 22, 2011
I am in the process of trying to find some biological family. I was told a few days ago that my biological uncle (born johnny ray hill) was adopted by a family in Henderson, Tn. I was told that it is rumored that he killed his adopted mother in a fire. I believe the adopted father had passed away years earlier. He had supposedly moved to Texas at one time and had 2 children. I have also been told that he is now deceased. He would have been born around 1959 or 1960. If anyone remembers any story like this, any info would be greatly appreciated.
i think

Lexington, TN

#2 Feb 23, 2011
Johnny Burress
UsuallyQuiet

United States

#3 Feb 23, 2011
Johnny Buress was the adopted son of Royce and Rebecca Buress. When the mom died the suspicion was then that he had also caused the fathers death. He also burned up a trailer with a sweet little girl inside. She survived and has lived her life with terrible scars all over her body. She is now about 22. I think I would leave this uncle unfound!
Amy Bailey

Miami, FL

#4 Feb 24, 2011
UsuallyQuiet wrote:
Johnny Buress was the adopted son of Royce and Rebecca Buress. When the mom died the suspicion was then that he had also caused the fathers death. He also burned up a trailer with a sweet little girl inside. She survived and has lived her life with terrible scars all over her body. She is now about 22. I think I would leave this uncle unfound!
I sincerely thank you for the info provided. I have no desires to find him just want some information. Was the young girl related to him? Was his mother in the trailer, too? If you know any additonal info and or anyone that i might be able to contact to find out any info, I would be very grateful. Again, thank u.
i think

Lexington, TN

#5 Feb 24, 2011
Amy Bailey wrote:
<quoted text>
I sincerely thank you for the info provided. I have no desires to find him just want some information. Was the young girl related to him? Was his mother in the trailer, too? If you know any additonal info and or anyone that i might be able to contact to find out any info, I would be very grateful. Again, thank u.
No, the child was not related to him. it was his girlfriend's (at that time) child. The girl friend was at work and JB (thats what people called him) was baby sitting. i don't remember the cause of the fire. but i do know that some of the people on the scene of the fire said that he didn't tell the firemen that a child was even in the house until after the fire dept had been there for some time, and he also moved his truck away from the trailer before he mentioned the child.

His mother was not killed in a fire. again i don't remember if his mom died before or after the trailer fire. his mom lived in a brick house right beside the trailer that JB lived in. His mom's cause of death was a head injury. she had hit the corner of a dresser or table or something. it was thought that JB pushed her into the dresser causing her to hit it, killing her. i did know him many several years ago, and i had witnessed him pick his mom up and throw her out the back door of his trailer, about 3 ft. to the ground. that was the last time i saw him, early 80's. so of course when i heard of his mom's death, i thought he did it!

i did always think that his "real" mom was in chester Co. and that he had a younger sister here also. i think her last name was Grantham....
Amy Bailey

United States

#6 Feb 25, 2011
Once again, I thank everyone for their help. Does anyone know if he is still alive? Does anyone know if he has any adopted family (burross, i think) in the area? I am trying to find anyone that might be able to answer more questions. Would also love to hear from someone that might have been in school w/ him. Wondering if he got into drugs or if there was mental illness. Thank u
i think

Lexington, TN

#7 Feb 25, 2011
Amy Bailey wrote:
Once again, I thank everyone for their help. Does anyone know if he is still alive? Does anyone know if he has any adopted family (burross, i think) in the area? I am trying to find anyone that might be able to answer more questions. Would also love to hear from someone that might have been in school w/ him. Wondering if he got into drugs or if there was mental illness. Thank u
i don't think he has any adopted family here, he was the only child his adopted parents had. yes he was on drugs and he also drank alot . i believe there was mental illness, or he acted like there was. i don't know if he is still alive or not.
Stormy

Lexington, TN

#8 Feb 25, 2011
don't know if he spent time in jail for his moms murder, but i think he did. his mom (Rebecca Droke Burross) died on July 21st 1990. his adopted parents named him Johnny Lee Burross, his bd is 12/30/1959. he did spend time in prison, i think for the murder, and was released from parol 2/19/06. hope this helps,............
myra

United States

#9 Feb 25, 2011
The girl that got burned last name was Jett.. I. Believe.
yes

Lexington, TN

#10 Feb 25, 2011
myra wrote:
The girl that got burned last name was Jett.. I. Believe.
i do not want to say the girls name or her parents name on topix. they have ALL been through a VERY hard time because of this man!!
Seriously

Wynne, AR

#11 Feb 26, 2011
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
i do not want to say the girls name or her parents name on topix. they have ALL been through a VERY hard time because of this man!!
EXACTLY! she was one of my best friends through school. She is doing great now and she's absolutely gorgeous! Please don't go there!
Seriously

Wynne, AR

#12 Feb 26, 2011
Amy Bailey wrote:
My advice is to live for the future and don't worry about the past and people that aren't in your life.. Your better off. And I'm not being rude but all I've ever heard is the guy was drunk and fell asleep while smoking.. Not someone I'd wanna be associated with. My friend is strong and she's been through alot.. Please drop this on topix anyway.
Marilyn L Burross

Arlington, TX

#13 Mar 7, 2012
Hello, my name is Marilyn Burross and I am Johnny's biological daughter., born on May 4, 1979 @ Jackson, County Memorial. I humbly ask that anyone with any information on Johnny please email me at marilyn_burross@live.com as soon as possible. This is the first time I have heard any of these topics discussed outside my family circle. My brother and I didn't know if my mom was just telling us these horrific stories to keep us from wanting contact or if they were actually true. I am appreciative that I now know the truth! Please respond. Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where the heck are all the fun people?! 19 min RunForestRun 11
News Henderson's first-EVER liquor store opens (Aug '17) 3 hr adam 23
serious feet question 5 hr swim 3
Birthplace of Country Legend Eddie Arnold Mon Not Much Help 3
charles allen from parsons Sun Danger Dog 1
wondering about someone Sun nosey Rosie 1
Bored and curious Sun Hoe 30

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance