chester county school walk out

Posted in the Henderson Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
dixiechicken69

Lexington, TN

#1 Jan 21, 2013
LETTING EVERYONE KNOW FROM THE HIGH SCHOOL & JR HIGH SCHOOL, AS OF RIGHT NOW PLANS ARE BEING MADE FOR A COMPLETE WALK OUT ON THURSDAY & FRIDAY, TO STAND UP FOR THE BULLYING THAT HAS OCCURRED , THAT HAS TAKEN THE LIFE OF A YOUNG GIRL..NOT ONLY THAT, BUT IT SHOULD SHOW RESPECT FOR ILYSSA , IN HER MEMORY ! MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THE SOULS THAT BULLIED HER... HER BLOOD IS IN YOUR HANDS

Since: Jul 12

United States

#2 Jan 21, 2013
I 100% agree this should happen
Just sayin

Maury City, TN

#3 Jan 21, 2013
You all need to take your butts to school and treat each other like human beings for a day if you want to honor her memory.
CCHS student

United States

#4 Jan 21, 2013
I am not walking out of school. What do you think you are going to solve by walking out of school?

Since: Oct 12

Angier, NC

#5 Jan 21, 2013
i think its a brillant idea
tyrone biggums

Huron, TN

#6 Jan 21, 2013
CCHS student wrote:
I am not walking out of school. What do you think you are going to solve by walking out of school?
Perhaps it will draw attention to the plight of those affected by bullying. If it will make them feel better or stop even one incident, why not do it?
Good girl

Jackson, TN

#7 Jan 21, 2013
I agree with 'Just Sayin'. Go to school and vow to start acting like adults in memory of this child. That is the way to put an end to bullying and perhaps if this is successful, then maybe this child didn't die in vain.
april

Lexington, TN

#8 Jan 21, 2013
did this bullying happen at school?
dixiechicken69 wrote:
LETTING EVERYONE KNOW FROM THE HIGH SCHOOL & JR HIGH SCHOOL, AS OF RIGHT NOW PLANS ARE BEING MADE FOR A COMPLETE WALK OUT ON THURSDAY & FRIDAY, TO STAND UP FOR THE BULLYING THAT HAS OCCURRED , THAT HAS TAKEN THE LIFE OF A YOUNG GIRL..NOT ONLY THAT, BUT IT SHOULD SHOW RESPECT FOR ILYSSA , IN HER MEMORY ! MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THE SOULS THAT BULLIED HER... HER BLOOD IS IN YOUR HANDS
dixiechicken69

Millington, TN

#9 Jan 21, 2013
FIRST OFF, LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, 2 OF MY CHILDREN ARE BULLIED EVERYDAY THEY GO TO SCHOOL, AND YES IT IS IN CHESTER COUNTY...SCHOOL HAS BEEN NOTIFIED, AND NOTHING WAS DONE, BY THE SCHOOL SUPER, THE POLICE DEPT, THE SHERIFF'S DEPT, OR EVEN THE JUVENILE COURT SYSTEM, BUT WHEN MY CHILDREN TOOK MATTERS INTO THEIR OWN HANDS TO DEFEND THEMSELVES THEY WHERE THE ONES THAT SUFFERED THE PUNISHMENT... IF IT WAS YOUR CHILD OR CHILDREN IT MIGHT BE A DIFFERENT STORY, ALL I KNOW IS MY CHILDREN WILL NOT BE ANOTHER STATISTIC IN THIS SOCIETY, WHEN SCHOOL IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE SAFIEST PLACE THEY COULD BE BESIDES THEIR OWN HOME.. AND IF MY CHILDREN DECIDE TO WALK OUT OF SCHOOL ON THURSDAY & FRIDAY THAN THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TOO, AND I PROBABLY WILL BE RIGHT THERE WITH THEM !!! WHEN YOU ARE NOT THE ONE BEING BULLIED,OR YOUR CHILD BEING BULLIED, THEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT PROBLEMS OCCUR WITH THESE CHILDREN ON A DAILY BASIS.
larry

Jackson, TN

#10 Jan 21, 2013
The superintendent was given superior marks in her evaluation by the school board. What a joke......
z

Brighton, TN

#11 Jan 21, 2013
Have the news there with ya then let's see what happens the school don't want meda there
Just Sayin

Maury City, TN

#12 Jan 21, 2013
dixiechicken69 wrote:
FIRST OFF, LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, 2 OF MY CHILDREN ARE BULLIED EVERYDAY THEY GO TO SCHOOL, AND YES IT IS IN CHESTER COUNTY...SCHOOL HAS BEEN NOTIFIED, AND NOTHING WAS DONE, BY THE SCHOOL SUPER, THE POLICE DEPT, THE SHERIFF'S DEPT, OR EVEN THE JUVENILE COURT SYSTEM, BUT WHEN MY CHILDREN TOOK MATTERS INTO THEIR OWN HANDS TO DEFEND THEMSELVES THEY WHERE THE ONES THAT SUFFERED THE PUNISHMENT... IF IT WAS YOUR CHILD OR CHILDREN IT MIGHT BE A DIFFERENT STORY, ALL I KNOW IS MY CHILDREN WILL NOT BE ANOTHER STATISTIC IN THIS SOCIETY, WHEN SCHOOL IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE SAFIEST PLACE THEY COULD BE BESIDES THEIR OWN HOME.. AND IF MY CHILDREN DECIDE TO WALK OUT OF SCHOOL ON THURSDAY & FRIDAY THAN THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TOO, AND I PROBABLY WILL BE RIGHT THERE WITH THEM !!! WHEN YOU ARE NOT THE ONE BEING BULLIED,OR YOUR CHILD BEING BULLIED, THEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT PROBLEMS OCCUR WITH THESE CHILDREN ON A DAILY BASIS.
I understand where you are coming from. I just don't think walking out of school is going to solve anything. I was bullied so much as a child. I know EXACTLY how awful it is. I got bullied at school and then had to go home to an abusive father. Just be sure to teach your kids that school is important and bullies are not. The best thing they can do is get their education even if that means changing schools. For me the bullying ended once I got to high school, but my middle school/junior high years were hell. I ended up home schooling later for other reasons and I think I learned more in that time because I was away from all of the kids and drama. Something to think about. If my kid is ever bullied to the point it is interfering with their life I will do the K/12 online schooling. After the kid threatening to shoot up the school last week, the arrests lately and the bullies I'm starting to consider it anyway. I moved here because I thought this would be a good place to raise my kids. I'm not so sure now.
sad

Bolivar, TN

#13 Jan 21, 2013
just saying i totally agree with you my my middle school and jr high years i was bullied also. i hated going to school because even on the bus and at school i was mad fun of called names and was treated like a outcast. always chosen last for any teams we picked in the gym. i remember praying at night that the kids would like me and stop bulling me and picking on me also the teachers were right in on it they would laugh at me also and seemed like they encouraged it i was called ulgy names that would peirce my heart. im still affected by it today. i dont want to be in crowds or say anything to defend myself till today cause i was made feel so unworthy it has ruined my self essteem i still feel like everyone else is better than i am and i think something needs to be done about this.i didnt want my parents to know i was picked on and made fun of cause i was to ashamed to tell them.when a new kid would come to school i would think maybe they will be my friend but no when they found out no one like me and that i was a outcast they didnt like me either.it affected my learning cause they had my mind on the things they would say and do to me that i couldnt focus on my education like i should have.now that im a 47 year old adulti can see the same kids that i went to school with and they are so friendly to me i resent that cause they could have treated me like a human being then it has greatly effected my whole life.just saying. let us be kind to one another and love one another like God wants us toand make a difference in anothers life.we all like compliments not cut downs. i have 2 sons and i told them they would get wore out if i ever heard of them making fun of another and to let me know if they were mistreated.
IDEA

United States

#14 Jan 21, 2013
larry wrote:
The superintendent was given superior marks in her evaluation by the school board. What a joke......
Who evaluates the school board? We do. Let's not vote them back in.
wait a minute

Tucker, GA

#15 Jan 21, 2013
so whats changing schools have to do to standing up to a bully. it jsut shows that you let them get to you. if yhe damn teachers would get the head out of their ass and listen to students this sweet child might still be here. dont tell a child they need proof of being bullied you have one child who wanted to brig a gun to school now this child yook her life cause some kid wanted to be dumb and if she told a teacher they are just as resposible you dont need proff go take care of it right then!!!! no wonder so many kids drop out. im with the kids of doin the walk out show those dumbasses whose in charge if they wont do nothing about it some one needs to.

rip sweet girl!♥
Just Sayin

Maury City, TN

#16 Jan 21, 2013
School shouldn't be a battlefield. I'm more concerned with my child growing up happy and well educated than winning a war with a little kid. Yes the staff at the schools should do their part to keep kids in line, but it is not their job to raise your children. It is their job to teach them. It is the parent's job to make sure their kids are not bullying others and that they are growing up to be respectful, decent people. They don't have a book at school for that anymore. There is one at home though. It's called a Bible.
larry

Tucker, GA

#19 Jan 22, 2013
If you look at the ad in this weeks paper, you will see that the school board is about as likely to get voted out as George W. Bush has of getting reelected.
dixiechicken69

Humboldt, TN

#20 Jan 22, 2013
z wrote:
Have the news there with ya then let's see what happens the school don't want meda there
the news has already been notified
wait a minute

Tucker, GA

#21 Jan 22, 2013
uh yeah its the parents job to raise the kid but if the parents are the one abusing and then the kid comes to school and bullies other people yeah another adult should step in! a teacher is supposed to a be roll.model if the kid doesnt feel like they can come talk to.anyone cause the teacher keeps putting it off something needs to be done... where was the parent when the kid brought the gun.to school????? the teachers knows whats goin on they need to step in and fo something about instead of.beinf worried bout what party pictures they put on.fb. and sleeping with students!!! and dont through the bible into this. you can make someone read it everyday if they dont believe god.isnt goin.to be.there for them do u really tjink a bully is goin.to read it????? you teach yoir child respect from an early age and when they go to school and they arent respectful its then the teachers responsbility to step in and take.action!!!!!!
larry

Tucker, GA

#22 Jan 22, 2013
Need to implement a zero tolerance policy for bullying. Should have allready been in the works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thickest white girl in cc 1 hr Laughter 2
Carey Frix 13 hr Slknikel 20
Chance Robbins 18 hr Youre Scared 2
News Henderson Nails Salon joins Chamber 19 hr kam 2
Tiffany Hopper Tue Exactly 7
Missing truck Tue Anmandytrick 3
Chris Allen Warren Tue Jason 29

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance