accident in january 1992

Posted in the Henderson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Owensboro, KY

#1 Jan 26, 2013
I was trying to find any info on the boating accident from years ago...I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere. Just curious as to what happened all those years ago, and about the victims and any survivors
hmm

Owensboro, KY

#2 Jan 26, 2013
Why would someone be boating in January?
curious

Owensboro, KY

#3 Jan 26, 2013
i have always wondered that too...and it was a john boat with ALOT of people in it!
dummies

Birdseye, IN

#4 Jan 26, 2013
curious wrote:
i have always wondered that too...and it was a john boat with ALOT of people in it!
I remember. The sister was in my class
why

Owensboro, KY

#5 Jan 26, 2013
curious wrote:
They all died.
why?

United States

#6 Jan 26, 2013
Why would you bring this up? It happened a long time ago. All that could come of this is heart ache to their loved ones. A tragic accident that affected many families isn't something for you to be curious about. Unless you are deliberately bringing this up to try and hurt one of their family members. Shame on you.
mack

Ridgway, IL

#7 Jan 26, 2013
Names?
no harm done

Owensboro, KY

#8 Jan 26, 2013
not everyone ask a question to be mean or hurtful to someone. Some people may just wonder about things, and like curious stated, they have looked for articles but can't find anything. With that being said...why?...a question can be asked just for the reason of wanting to know the answer. I wasn't aware that only certain things can be thought about.
why?

United States

#9 Jan 26, 2013
no harm done wrote:
not everyone ask a question to be mean or hurtful to someone. Some people may just wonder about things, and like curious stated, they have looked for articles but can't find anything. With that being said...why?...a question can be asked just for the reason of wanting to know the answer. I wasn't aware that only certain things can be thought about.
So this person would bring up a sensitive topic that has nothing to do with them just to satisfy their curiosity? Seems very selfish and inconsiderate to me.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#10 Jan 26, 2013
One person survived.
tyl

Ocoee, FL

#11 Jan 26, 2013
no harm done wrote:
Thank you there is nothing wrong with being curious.
yep

Ocoee, FL

#12 Jan 26, 2013
no harm done wrote:
Exactly right I don't know anything about this situation personally but I've never had a problem with any1 asking me about a lost loved 1. I think it's nice that they're still remembered.
JMB

New Albany, IN

#13 Jan 26, 2013
[QUOTE who="why?"]<quote d text>
So this person would bring up a sensitive topic that has nothing to do with them just to satisfy their curiosity? Seems very selfish and inconsiderate to me.[/QUOTE]You seem over sensitive. If this is the case, you def should not be on this site. People have the right to ask questions about anything they want. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. It's just that simple.
Curious

Owensboro, KY

#14 Jan 26, 2013
Clearly I'm not the only person who feels it is in to ask questions! Thank you all! I would really like to know how I could find out more about it!?
hmm

Owensboro, KY

#15 Jan 26, 2013
I believe the accident was technically in union county.
Curious

United States

#16 Jan 26, 2013
hmm wrote:
I believe the accident was technically in union county.
So should try searching union county papers and public record?! Thank you
Xman

Jeffersonville, IN

#17 Jan 26, 2013
Rescuers Resume Search For 7 In Ky. Boat Accident
OTHER NEWS TO NOTE - SOUTH
January 28, 1992
UNIONTOWN, KY.— Rescuers Monday resumed a search for seven people feared drowned after their boat sank in the choppy Ohio River on their way to a picnic. An eighth person, Diane Bolin, 34, survived by clinging to a gasoline can and building a fire with the fuel after floating to an island. She said she last saw the others trying to swim against the current to another island. The companions set out in a 16-foot boat on Saturday for a hot dog roast a few miles upstream, said Jim Evans of the State Water Patrol. Four-foot waves swamped the boat in water of 41 to 44 degrees.
Vah

Tucker, GA

#18 Jan 26, 2013
Roland johnson was one of them
mac

Ridgway, IL

#19 Jan 26, 2013
Most were relatives of Ray Lacer. I believe his daughter and granddaughter were among those who drowned. I'm thinking there was one who was never found.
just saying

Powell, OH

#20 Jan 26, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris 8 min haha 3
Tiffany green 22 min gaveittoherinherm... 14
need to bust 1311 48 min Jef 3
kim and clay 1 hr OMG 14
drug bust 2 hr OMG 15
East gate on fire?? 3 hr Eastgate 15
Say NO to Tina McCormick for county judge execu... 3 hr yeahiwentthere 8

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance