New Charge At Ruler Foods

Posted in the Henderson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Louisville, KY

#1 Oct 26, 2012
In the newspaper this week there was announced that beginning Nov. 1rst, there will be a charge of 10 cents for each plastic bag. There will also be a turdier bag for 99 cents for sale.

So....save your bags until then...or, do like I do. I have plastic dish pans in the back seat...load them up when I bring the groceries out and use them to carry my groceries in the house.
well

Birdseye, IN

#2 Oct 26, 2012
You can get the reusable bags at the dollar tree for 1$. That is the cheapest I have found them. Just remembering to take them with me......
cashier

Owensboro, KY

#3 Oct 28, 2012
The 10 cents a bag thing has been rumored for a while now. When I worked at sureway they had talked about it but it never took place. Most place now a days are charging... So nothing new there... But what I don't understand is that at Ruler u bag your own stuff so how would they know how many bags u used??
B-Y-O-B

Central City, KY

#4 Oct 28, 2012
cashier wrote:
The 10 cents a bag thing has been rumored for a while now. When I worked at sureway they had talked about it but it never took place. Most place now a days are charging... So nothing new there... But what I don't understand is that at Ruler u bag your own stuff so how would they know how many bags u used??
Maybe they will install some coin operated bag dispensing machines.
cashier

Owensboro, KY

#5 Oct 28, 2012
B-Y-O-B wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe they will install some coin operated bag dispensing machines.
Maybe any more they do whatever it takes!
Mozart

United States

#6 Feb 24, 2013
Bags are a big expense that usually end up in the trash. Not providing free bags helps the store to continue to be the lowest price food store in the area. Bringing or buying a bag is small considering the amount of money you can save.
henderson

Akron, OH

#7 Feb 24, 2013
Mozart wrote:
Bags are a big expense that usually end up in the trash. Not providing free bags helps the store to continue to be the lowest price food store in the area. Bringing or buying a bag is small considering the amount of money you can save.
Sorry, but save a lot is still cheaper and has a wider selection then the Kroger owned ruler foods.

“i love u”

Since: Oct 11

henderson

#8 Feb 24, 2013
Sorry but save-a-lot is nasty so good try I don't ever want to shop there again and plus their proportions are a lot smaller so like I said good try but not a very good argument
Disagree

Cadiz, KY

#9 Feb 24, 2013
henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but save a lot is still cheaper and has a wider selection then the Kroger owned ruler foods.
A wider selection?
I'll have to disagree with you on that statement.

Sav-A-Lot might be a few cents cheaper on certain items but overall prices -- no way.
The quality, selection and freshness of the products at Ruler Foods alone more than offset what little bit of difference there might be in comparison with Sav-A-Lot prices.
We've shopped at Sav-A-Lot for well over 20 years so I know what I am talking about.

As for paying for bags at Ruler Foods, we bought a couple of dollars worth and reuse them over and over each time we go back shopping there.

PS: Neither store has anything to brag about with their fresh meat so we always buy it elsewhere.
pip

Newburgh, IN

#11 Feb 24, 2013
I went to rulers and I spent as much on meat, cereal, and canned goods as I do at Walmart. The meat was terrible btw. I think it's just me. The items I need to cook the meals I cook cost a lot so I end spending a bunch every where. Something about off brand canned veggies turn me off. I like green giant veggies, brand name juices, lunch meat. It's a shame how much food is these days.
why bother

Owensboro, KY

#12 Feb 24, 2013
pip wrote:
I went to rulers and I spent as much on meat, cereal, and canned goods as I do at Walmart. The meat was terrible btw. I think it's just me. The items I need to cook the meals I cook cost a lot so I end spending a bunch every where. Something about off brand canned veggies turn me off. I like green giant veggies, brand name juices, lunch meat. It's a shame how much food is these days.
So in other words, you bought nothing because there's really very little brand name anything there. Why bother commenting then?
Shut up

Owensboro, KY

#13 Feb 25, 2013
pip wrote:
If you refuse to buy cheap brands then how can you complain about the cost. That would be your own fault!
pip

Newburgh, IN

#14 Feb 25, 2013
I did buy the cheap brands the one time I went to rulers and I didn't see a difference in price just in taste. That was my point that obviously went over a few heads. I saw no difference in price for the items I buy when I bought them at rulers. Does rulers have name brand items??? Nope. The meat looked liked it has been injected with too much food coloring, the selection was terrible, and the store smelt of poor people and rotting food just like save a lot does. Rulers sucks.
To good

Owensboro, KY

#15 Feb 25, 2013
pip wrote:
I did buy the cheap brands the one time I went to rulers and I didn't see a difference in price just in taste. That was my point that obviously went over a few heads. I saw no difference in price for the items I buy when I bought them at rulers. Does rulers have name brand items??? Nope. The meat looked liked it has been injected with too much food coloring, the selection was terrible, and the store smelt of poor people and rotting food just like save a lot does. Rulers sucks.
Well arent u just 2 good for us all I cant believe u wld lower yourself to get on topix.
cooter

Owensboro, KY

#16 Feb 25, 2013
pip wrote:
Every where I go it smells like poor people, that's cause there is so many of us. Didn't smell anything rotten , perhaps it was just your breath blowing back on you.
Just Saying

Versailles, KY

#17 Feb 25, 2013
Who cares if you don't want to pay bring your own or go to Sureway, Wal-Mart, Save-A-Lot or where ever you go... You can't get mad or pissed about having to pay 10cents for bags when you have other options...
pip

Newburgh, IN

#18 Feb 25, 2013
cooter wrote:
<quoted text>Every where I go it smells like poor people, that's cause there is so many of us. Didn't smell anything rotten , perhaps it was just your breath blowing back on you.
that was the one day out of the week I shower and brush my teeth so it couldn't have been that.
ScrilleX

United States

#19 Feb 27, 2013
RulerFoods does stink!! Maybe not like poor people but , more like fatasses who just got there foodstamps....PU!!!!!! Walmart, Aldi's or Surway for me.
Really

Calhoun, KY

#20 Feb 27, 2013
ScrilleX wrote:
RulerFoods does stink!! Maybe not like poor people but , more like fatasses who just got there foodstamps....PU!!!!!! Walmart, Aldi's or Surway for me.
u must not go 2 walmart much cuz the first of the month there is way worse than rulers!!
geezer

Owensboro, KY

#21 Feb 27, 2013
ScrilleX wrote:
Perhaps it's because your nose is so much higher than everyone else's,I'm sure ruler's will survive without your business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
place to leave newborn 3 min lol 26
Trump 16 min YouAreJustPlainDumb 41
Harley Rides 19 min Hctibtaf 4
Would love to cheat with x wife (Jun '13) 21 min knows all 31
Slong Suckers in Hendo 24 min knows all 21
What makes a country boy a country boy? (Sep '11) 26 min knows all 150
Hot guy in sharp white f150supercrew 33 min Trouble 7

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance