What do I do if my landlord wont fix sht

What do I do if my landlord wont fix sht

Posted in the Henderson Forum

help

United States

#1 Dec 11, 2012
I have a busted sewer pipe under my house, instead of fixing it my landlord pulled the heater vent down to my childs room, so that the pipe wouldn't freeze over the winter. I've asked several times and was even really late on the rent twice. How do I get him to fix it. I would appreciate good advice..
Anonymous

Owensboro, KY

#2 Dec 11, 2012
Call the health department and ask for the environmentalist and tell them you have sewage running under your home. Call the codes dept if you live within the city limits and ask to speak to the property maintenance person and tell them you have a busted sewer pipe. Do you have a lease? If so, see if the lease specifies the responsibility of the landlord relative to repairs and what your responsibilities as the tenant are and contact an attorney about what actions you could take to make the landlord abide by the conditions of the lease. The other option is to call a plumber and have it repaired it yourself and see if the landlord will allow you to deduct that amount from your next month's rent if you make the repair.
Really

Owensboro, KY

#4 Dec 11, 2012
help wrote:
I have a busted sewer pipe under my house, instead of fixing it my landlord pulled the heater vent down to my childs room, so that the pipe wouldn't freeze over the winter. I've asked several times and was even really late on the rent twice. How do I get him to fix it. I would appreciate good advice..
MOVE
tim

Tucker, GA

#5 Dec 11, 2012
Whose your landlord?
help

Mansfield, TX

#6 Dec 11, 2012
I am considering moving in jan. Or feb. I don't want to say landlords name now, but if I move I will blast his ass ASAP on here. The first comment is great advice tho. I have to save a lil money so I don't want him to be pissed off and evict my family. I will look into some of those comments tho. Thankyou, honest Anonymous... to be continued........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump 21 min Kevin FitzMaurice 130
JB gave me GH 41 min At it again 15
Kaiti Bridwell 1 hr lol 8
I'm Jeff Wingfield & I'm coming out of the closet 2 hr jimbo 3
Clayton parker 4 hr Trap queen 3
Pit 5 hr Maybe 2
Cory p 6 hr mom2one 4

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance