Burning ban and fireworks

Posted in the Henderson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Boom boom

Louisville, KY

#1 Jun 25, 2012
Has anyone heard if there gonna allow fireworks to be set off on the fourth with the dry conditions?
to bad

Eddyville, KY

#2 Jun 25, 2012
Just do it
hi

Jeffersonville, IN

#3 Jun 25, 2012
It said in paper that they can't stop people from setting them off, but if u set fireworks off and cause a fire, you will be in big trouble. Said to have hose and bucket of water handy
nick

United States

#4 Jun 25, 2012
Boom boom wrote:
Has anyone heard if there gonna allow fireworks to be set off on the fourth with the dry conditions?
Henderson has a city ordnance against fireworks in the city.
howdy

United States

#6 Jun 25, 2012
nick wrote:
<quoted text>Henderson has a city ordnance against fireworks in the city.
No, we actually don't. It's frowned upon after 10pm and people can call and complain.. But nobody will get in any trouble for it. And there is no ban on fireworks... Just if you start a fire, be sure to put it out. Have quick access to water for sure
nick

Evansville, IN

#7 Jun 26, 2012
howdy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we actually don't. It's frowned upon after 10pm and people can call and complain.. But nobody will get in any trouble for it. And there is no ban on fireworks... Just if you start a fire, be sure to put it out. Have quick access to water for sure
Howdy, if you can find a place that meets the requirements of last part of the ordinance, then you're right. If not, it's against the law. Look up the law next time before you speak.

"No person may use, ignite, fire, or explode any fireworks or consumer fireworks as defined in KRS 227.702(2) and (3) if they are under the age of eighteen (18), or within two hundred (200) feet of any structure, motor vehicle (whether operational or nonoperational), or any other person. "
howdy

United States

#9 Jun 26, 2012
nick wrote:
<quoted text>Howdy, if you can find a place that meets the requirements of last part of the ordinance, then you're right. If not, it's against the law. Look up the law next time before you speak.

"No person may use, ignite, fire, or explode any fireworks or consumer fireworks as defined in KRS 227.702(2) and (3) if they are under the age of eighteen (18), or within two hundred (200) feet of any structure, motor vehicle (whether operational or nonoperational), or any other person. "
Cops don't do their job when it comes to murders.. What makes you think that they will over fireworks, for Petes sake?
StatingtheObviou s

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 26, 2012
I do know that it is illegal to purchase fireworks under the age of eighteen now; they 'carded' me last year and will more than likely do the same this year. As for the burn ban--I think it's highly inconsiderate to be shooting fireworks right now, while we are in an 'extreme' drought but there's really nothing anyone can do until an actual fire is started. It's just like with a kid, a parent telling them 'the pan is hot dear, don't touch it...' You're going to touch it...but after you're burnt, you learn your lesson. It's going to be the same way with kids shooting the fireworks. Until an actual fire is started and does damage, they won't stop. As for myself, I've been hearing firecrackers and bottle rockets all day yesterday and today. The ones I've seen shooting them have been anywhere from age 10-16. I've went across the street and kindly told them to stop, when they asked why, I explained the burn ban and drought.. and they stopped. It seems they simply didn't read the newspaper or wasn't informed by their parents.. who clearly had to have bought the fireworks for them, since they're underage. In my case, I know I won't be shooting any off until we get some much needed rain.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13 Jun 27, 2012
StatingtheObvious wrote:
I do know that it is illegal to purchase fireworks under the age of eighteen now; they 'carded' me last year and will more than likely do the same this year. As for the burn ban--I think it's highly inconsiderate to be shooting fireworks right now, while we are in an 'extreme' drought but there's really nothing anyone can do until an actual fire is started. It's just like with a kid, a parent telling them 'the pan is hot dear, don't touch it...' You're going to touch it...but after you're burnt, you learn your lesson. It's going to be the same way with kids shooting the fireworks. Until an actual fire is started and does damage, they won't stop. As for myself, I've been hearing firecrackers and bottle rockets all day yesterday and today. The ones I've seen shooting them have been anywhere from age 10-16. I've went across the street and kindly told them to stop, when they asked why, I explained the burn ban and drought.. and they stopped. It seems they simply didn't read the newspaper or wasn't informed by their parents.. who clearly had to have bought the fireworks for them, since they're underage. In my case, I know I won't be shooting any off until we get some much needed rain.
what bad situations in Colorado and west . One short period of irresponsibility could put us in the same situation. Give a hoot---don't shoot!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#14 Jun 27, 2012
Actually you may want to check with your local authorities on this issue because on the news, either last night or this morning, I did hear something about firework bans in certain areas. I am not sure if it was in our area or not I just overheard it on the news.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 27, 2012
Here is a link to the current county listing of what is going on with burn ban and fireworks.

http://www.14news.com/story/18897430/burn-ban...
nick

Evansville, IN

#16 Jun 27, 2012
latitude wrote:
Here is a link to the current county listing of what is going on with burn ban and fireworks.
http://www.14news.com/story/18897430/burn-ban...
That isn't actually correct. It may list Henderson County, but the city still has an ordinance. Below is part of the Henderson City Ordinance. After that is a link to the definition of fireworks in ky law.

KRS 227.702(2) and (3): http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/227-00/702.PDF

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#17 Jun 27, 2012
What is the fourth of July without fireworks?

Location hidden

#18 Jun 27, 2012
nick wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't actually correct. It may list Henderson County, but the city still has an ordinance. Below is part of the Henderson City Ordinance. After that is a link to the definition of fireworks in ky law.
KRS 227.702(2) and (3): http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/227-00/702.PDF
Sorry but I wasn't trying to quote or use a city ordinance I was just supplying a link to channel 14 website who starts their article with this statement.

TRI-STATE (WFIE)-
We've called your county to be able to bring you current burn bans and firework ordinances. We will update this list with new information as we get it.

I am taking it they (wfie 14) called the appropiate public personnel and were provided this information. I think they would be a little more careful than to present false information seeing as how they (wfie 14 & the people they contacted) could be held liable for any false information. The biggest problem with researching a KRS or City Ordinance online is that if and when updates are made to them it takes a period of time before it is updated online.
semper fi

United States

#19 Jun 27, 2012
As usual, use common sense. I know it's asking alot for people on topix
not again

Nortonville, KY

#20 Jun 27, 2012
semper fi wrote:
Quit talking above your head. Everyone knows Marines and common sense doesn't go together. Stick to talking about your canoe.
semper fi

United States

#21 Jun 27, 2012
not again wrote:
<quoted text>Quit talking above your head. Everyone knows Marines and common sense doesn't go together. Stick to talking about your canoe.
you mean "don't go together" genius.
Do us a favor, light roman candle and look directly at it.
semper fi

Louisville, KY

#22 Jun 27, 2012
What I meant was I am too smart for Topix
blah blah

Dunmor, KY

#23 Jun 27, 2012
semper fi wrote:
How many people fit on a Pontoon?
semper fi

United States

#24 Jun 27, 2012
semper fi wrote:
What I meant was I am too smart for Topix
here we go...kids trying to be funny

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Waiting 2 min Why 3
Jan Hite 6 min Correct! 14
encouragement 7 min Just WOW 19
Kevin mayes (Jun '16) 16 min Mudflap 7
Aubri klutey 53 min FIRST AND FORMOST 26
Brandy Skaggs 55 min thetruthwillsetyo... 9
Derrick L. Evans 1 hr yourmomma 20

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance