First Prev
of 5
Next Last
i know

Huntingburg, IN

#1 May 3, 2012
next coach will be tyler smithheart!!!!!!!!!
hchs

Huntingburg, IN

#2 May 3, 2012
good call he would be great much better than the old coach.

i would want him or brent gibson coach gibson's son!!!!
what?

Henderson, KY

#3 May 3, 2012
i know wrote:
How do you know that? That would be awesome! I think it's spelled Smithhart :)
i know

Huntingburg, IN

#4 May 3, 2012
i said i know the coach i didn't say i knew how to spell it!!!!
what?

Henderson, KY

#5 May 3, 2012
i know wrote:
i said i know the coach i didn't say i knew how to spell it!!!!
Haha!
VXz

United States

#6 May 3, 2012
Blake stone would be a better coach
Hoops

United States

#7 May 3, 2012
VXz wrote:
Blake stone would be a better coach
I'm sure Blake will make a great coach someday but he doesn't have the experience to lead the colonels at the this time. Smithheart did a really good job with what he had to work with at Christian county. He's proven he can handle a top head coaching job.
VXz

United States

#8 May 3, 2012
Hoops wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure Blake will make a great coach someday but he doesn't have the experience to lead the colonels at the this time. Smithheart did a really good job with what he had to work with at Christian county. He's proven he can handle a top head coaching job.
What was hchs JV record? Look that up and tell me if Mr. stone isn't ready.
ummmm

Haubstadt, IN

#9 May 3, 2012
Nope they are still deciding and there's at least 2 other top candidates. Still possible Tyler could, but undecided still.
VXz

United States

#10 May 3, 2012
Stone, but since our system looks down on minoritys, that prob will never happen no time soon. Stone knows how to win.
bball parent

United States

#11 May 3, 2012
All the parents are hoping coach stone gets it.
renter

United States

#12 May 3, 2012
i know wrote:

That would be awesome! He'd be a great, well rounded coach. I hope he gets it!!!
Actually

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 May 3, 2012
Hoops wrote:
<quoted text>
You consider 9-21 a really good job? That team was full of natural athletes, and you think 9-21 shows he can handle a top job? I happen to think he would be a good hire, but he is VERY unproven. Just as unproven as Blake for that matter.
Bball fan

Owensboro, KY

#14 May 4, 2012
I was at the game where Smithart's team beat Henderson, then again when his team beat Webster at regionals. Both times it looked to me like Smithart just outcoached Starns and that Newton kid. Plus he kept his team's bad attitude in check which we definitely need here.
confused

Madisonville, KY

#15 May 4, 2012
I find it odd when people use the "record" argument to prove their point either way. bottom line, smithart took a state champ team that lost every single player and took them to the region semifinals. Did anyone happen to look at the teams christian played...hardest schedule in the state? He toughened those boys up, and if he doesn't leave christian, than those boys will actually be contenders to win region. Im pretty sure christian had the worst record going to state last year, yet they won it all. We need someone that will toughen these boys up...Im sick of losing to Christian co teams..if you can't beat em, join em.
VXz

United States

#16 May 4, 2012
Actually wrote:
<quoted text>
You consider 9-21 a really good job? That team was full of natural athletes, and you think 9-21 shows he can handle a top job? I happen to think he would be a good hire, but he is VERY unproven. Just as unproven as Blake for that matter.
Blake was the head coach of the JV team check out his record. If he was the varsity team coach the record would have been alot better
confused

Madisonville, KY

#17 May 4, 2012
record, record, record...who cares about a jv record. that's hendos problem, we concentrate to much on records, and that's why we never win region. blake is and will be a good coach, but enough with the record talk...you sound foolish.
Hoops

Henderson, KY

#18 May 4, 2012
Actually wrote:
<quoted text>You consider 9-21 a really good job? That team was full of natural athletes, and you think 9-21 shows he can handle a top job? I happen to think he would be a good hire, but he is VERY unproven. Just as unproven as Blake for that matter.
Unproven???? You cant look at the 9-21 record by itself!!! Coach Smitheart took over the state champion team which didn't have any of it's starters and a few guys off the bench gone. You cant have more pressure on your shoulders than that. If Henderson had their schedule (which was on of the toughest in the state) Starns record not have been that great at all. He took some sophomores and a couple juniors and beat Henderson, and beat favored Webster in playoffs. Not saying Blake isn't a good coach but in my opinion Smithearts defiantly got huge edge on him.
careful

Henderson, KY

#19 May 4, 2012
Sounds like you people think its down to only two guys for the job. You people need to be aware that these two guys your arguing over are not the only ones that could get the job. From what I've heard there's a couple big name coaches that have put their name in for this job. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Flashman Forever

Henderson, KY

#20 May 4, 2012
Who ever the new coach is, he better ban cellphones/cameras in the locker room.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Henderson Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
quality control for foodstamps 24 min Allforkidsrights 13
Andrew Filkens 34 min ? 42
Another Big Drug Bust at Randy keach's 41 min REHABREJECT 20
crystal rodway 42 min cops daughter 26
Jason Eblen 50 min missnoisy 6
Henderson County Football 58 min Just a Sajyin 3
Mr. B's 1 hr heyhey 20
Henderson Dating
Find my Match