Since: Jul 12

Louisville, KY

#105 Jul 10, 2012
Chuggachuggachoochoo wrote:
Short-Term Effects
The short-term effects of marijuana include:
Distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch)
Problems with memory and learning
Loss of coordination
Trouble with thinking and problem-solving
Increased heart rate, reduced blood pressure
Sometimes marijuana use can also produce anxiety, fear, distrust, or panic.
Effects on the Brain
The active ingredient in marijuana, delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, acts on cannabinoid receptors on nerve cells and influences the activity of those cells. Some brain areas have many cannabinoid receptors, but other areas of the brain have few or none at all. Many cannabinoid receptors are found in the parts of the brain that influence pleasure, memory, thought, concentration, sensory and time perception, and coordinated movement.
When high doses of marijuana are used, usually when eaten in food rather than smoked, users can experience the following symptoms:
Hallucinations
Delusions
Impaired memory
Disorientation
Got a link to all that hogwash there poncho...

Louisville, KY

#106 Jul 10, 2012
trey campbell wrote:
I stuff weed up my poop shoot before I toke
I think you've got that one all to yourself but be sure and remind me before I toke after you.

Louisville, KY

#107 Jul 10, 2012
Short-Term Effects
The short-term effects of marijuana include:
Distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch)
Problems with memory and learning
Loss of coordination
Trouble with thinking and problem-solving
Increased heart rate, reduced blood pressure
Sometimes marijuana use can also produce anxiety, fear, distrust, or panic.
Effects on the Brain
The active ingredient in marijuana, delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, acts on cannabinoid receptors on nerve cells and influences the activity of those cells. Some brain areas have many cannabinoid receptors, but other areas of the brain have few or none at all. Many cannabinoid receptors are found in the parts of the brain that influence pleasure, memory, thought, concentration, sensory and time perception, and coordinated movement.
When high doses of marijuana are used, usually when eaten in food rather than smoked, users can experience the following symptoms:
Hallucinations
Delusions
Impaired memory
Disorientation
http://norml.org/news/2010/11/18/psychomotor-...

http://norml.org/library/item/marijuana-and-d...

Louisville, KY

#108 Jul 10, 2012
Effects on the Heart
Within a few minutes after smoking marijuana, the heart begins beating more rapidly and the blood pressure drops. Marijuana can cause the heart beat to increase by 20 to 50 beats per minute, and can increase even more if other drugs are used at the same time.
Because of the lower blood pressure and higher heart rate, researchers found that users' risk for a heart attack is four times higher within the first hour after smoking marijuana, compared to their general risk of heart attack when not smoking.
Effects on the Lungs
Smoking marijuana, even infrequently, can cause burning and stinging of the mouth and throat, and cause heavy coughing. Scientists have found that regular marijuana smokers can experience the same respiratory problems as tobacco smokers do, including:
Daily cough and phlegm production
More frequent acute chest illnesses
Increased risk of lung infections
Obstructed airways
Most marijuana smokers consume a lot less cannabis than cigarette smokers consume tobacco, however the harmful effects of smoking marijuana should not be ignored. Marijuana contains more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke and because marijuana smokers typically inhale deeper and hold the smoke in their lungs longer than tobacco smokers, their lungs are exposed to those carcinogenic properties longer, when smoking.
http://norml.org/library/item/marijuana-and-d...

Louisville, KY

#109 Jul 10, 2012
What About Cancer?
Although one study found that marijuana smokers were three times more likely to develop cancer of the head or neck than non-smokers, that study could not be confirmed by further analysis.
Because marijuana smoke contains three times the amount of tar found in tobacco smoke and 50 percent more carcinogens, it would seem logical to deduce that there is an increased risk of lung cancer for marijuana smokers. However, researchers have not been able to definitively prove such a link because their studies have not been able to adjust for tobacco smoking and other factors that might also increase the risk.
Studies linking marijuana smoking to lung cancer have also been limited by selection bias and small sample size. For example, the participants in those studies may have been too young to have developed lung cancer yet. Even though researchers have yet to "prove" a link between smoking pot and lung cancer, regular smokers may want to consider the risk.
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/5169....

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/ca...

Louisville, KY

#110 Jul 10, 2012
Other Health Effects
Research indicates that THC impairs the body's immune system from fighting disease, which can cause a wide variety of health problems. One study found that marijuana actually inhibited the disease-preventing actions of key immune cells. Another study found that THC increased the risk of developing bacterial infections and tumors.
http://www.marijuana.com/threads/cannabis-and...

anything else you want to talk about Ernestine er Einstein...

Louisville, KY

#111 Jul 10, 2012
<quoted text>
If you know its copy and pasted whats it matter? I googled it cause you ppl are too lazy to lol. Your just upset cause you dont like the facts. Cheer up buddy
See if you can figure out how to use the links I gave you.
NORML

Evansville, IN

#112 Jul 10, 2012
Life long NORML member. Daily user.
MJ has made the life of one family member some what better due to a case of severe Crohn's.
I have contacted my state senate and rep expressing my support for the bill.
Thanks
Chuggachuggachoo choo

United States

#113 Jul 10, 2012
Do the dealers give you a discount on it when you show them your AARP card? Or a senior discount?

Louisville, KY

#114 Jul 10, 2012
NORML wrote:
Life long NORML member. Daily user.
MJ has made the life of one family member some what better due to a case of severe Crohn's.
I have contacted my state senate and rep expressing my support for the bill.
Thanks
Check out the Cash Hyde foundation.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#115 Aug 31, 2012
KyVetforMedMJ wrote:
<quoted text>Check out the Cash Hyde foundation.
So grandpa what do you need medical marijuana for? It sure won't cure impotence.
TerriMartin

Evansville, IN

#116 Aug 31, 2012
That would be the best day of my life. Then we can work on legalize my crank
haha

Belton, KY

#117 Aug 31, 2012
TerriMartin wrote:
That would be the best day of my life. Then we can work on legalize my crank
you are just mad because your last isn't Martin and never will be. Facts.
TerriMartin

Evansville, IN

#118 Aug 31, 2012
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha gurl I'm a proud Patterson first & las Ta choose ya dope over life is purdy Sad. jus bcuz yur fat Azz has no shame don't mean shizz. Baby gurls Beautiful
Lovemaryj

Evansville, IN

#119 Sep 1, 2012
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
damn dude I want some. You mean if I change my name to Martin I can smoke ? Shht I change tomoro
Agree legalize be best day of my life for damn sho !!!!
FACT

Inglefield, IN

#120 Sep 1, 2012
YOU KNO its illegal cause its believe to make more white women like black men haha RACIST LAWS WE IN UNDRR
Martin

Evansville, IN

#121 Sep 1, 2012
FACT wrote:
YOU KNO its illegal cause its believe to make more white women like black men haha RACIST LAWS WE IN UNDRR
LOL u kno that's why her man beats that a$$!! How ironic bwahaha
Fact

Inglefield, IN

#122 Sep 1, 2012
Martin wrote:
<quoted text> LOL u kno that's why her man beats that a$$!! How ironic bwahaha
Yea so instead the make liquor legal so they can beat em to stay
Martin

Evansville, IN

#123 Sep 1, 2012
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea so instead the make liquor legal so they can beat em to stay
Ikr!! Stupid huh? Let em hurt or kill peeps gettin dui's ova & ova.
PSH

Evansville, IN

#124 Sep 2, 2012
TerriMartin wrote:
<quoted text>Ha gurl I'm a proud Patterson first & las Ta choose ya dope over life is purdy Sad. jus bcuz yur fat Azz has no shame don't mean shizz. Baby gurls Beautiful
She shut up real quick lol shut her Doowwnn! How she know who your last guy was?? Should worry about who my last was 2 wks ago real talk baby

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ICE cream 8 min Oreo Blizzard 17
Skeeter Wathen 43 min Turd Ferguson 26
Amy Wallace Loser 1 hr Katie 2
Mary Beth Culver/Oleary (Jul '14) 1 hr Angel 53
Kristina Rauch - Newman 1 hr Heehaw 5
stevie d 3 hr ugh 6
Does anybody remember a lady named Rebecca Gerb... 3 hr David Williams 1

Flood Warning for Henderson County was issued at March 05 at 12:26PM EST

Henderson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:04 am PST

NFL 6:04AM
Bernard Pollard thinks Titans need winning attitude
NBC Sports 8:28 PM
Reports: Ted Ginn visiting Titans, 49ers
NBC Sports 2:56 AM
Kendall Langford has Jets, Saints visits after Lions trip
Bleacher Report10:29 PM
How Should St. Louis Fill Their Biggest Holes?
NBC Sports 4:30 AM
Albert Haynesworth to Ndamukong Suh: Do your research on suitors