First Prev
of 11
Next Last
BSS

Henderson, KY

#2 Jan 10, 2013
Linda Liu wrote:
I heard the new Casey's General Store is taking away a lot of Darren's Pub pizza business. Anybody know?
What business is it of yours?
Linda Liu

Henderson, KY

#3 Jan 10, 2013
Just wondering. I know his bar business is down. There are not enough bars in Henderson to start with and I hate to see another one close.
Wondering

Henderson, KY

#4 Jan 12, 2013
Will there be enough business at Darren's today because of the UK game, for the place to be able to afford to stay in business another week?
Haha

Evansville, IN

#5 Jan 12, 2013
If gas station pizza is taking away business from a restaurant then maybe they need to rethink there pizza lol
Brad

Duluth, GA

#6 Jan 12, 2013
Whack
omg

Mayfield, KY

#7 Jan 12, 2013
Linda Liu wrote:
Just wondering. I know his bar business is down. There are not enough bars in Henderson to start with and I hate to see another one close.
What bars have closed?
seriously

United States

#9 Jan 12, 2013
I have actually had both Casey's and Darren's pizza, and Casey's is by far better than Darren's. Darrens pizza is overpriced, and the crust taste like cardboard. For anyone that has'nt tried Casey's, should asap! AMAZING;)
once a loyal customer

Duluth, GA

#11 Jan 12, 2013
Sorry Darren your out and Casey is in that pizza is by far the best in Henderson. Their other stuff isn't all that but their pizza breaks the record hands down. Darren you are way over priced on everything you serve ANYWAY. Go Casey.
whatever

United States

#12 Jan 13, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>Wolfs
Wolfs didn't close due to the fact that there aren't enough people to support it! Wolfs lost business because it turned into a skank trap! Wolfs was always a decent place to go.....until it reopened! Poor quality food, even worse service, and a buncha trash climbing up on the bars at night closed that place! I went in there 8 months pregnant, to pick up an order, and the owner was hitting on me and talking dirty! Nastiness closed Wolfs!!
jodie

Dawson Springs, KY

#13 Jan 13, 2013
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Wolfs didn't close due to the fact that there aren't enough people to support it! Wolfs lost business because it turned into a skank trap! Wolfs was always a decent place to go.....until it reopened! Poor quality food, even worse service, and a buncha trash climbing up on the bars at night closed that place! I went in there 8 months pregnant, to pick up an order, and the owner was hitting on me and talking dirty! Nastiness closed Wolfs!!
stupid thangs to say. got nuthin to do with Darrens or Caseys. I workrd for him and he was nice to everybody. You must got fired for bein stupid
whatever

Duluth, GA

#14 Jan 13, 2013
jodie wrote:
<quoted text>stupid thangs to say. got nuthin to do with Darrens or Caseys. I workrd for him and he was nice to everybody. You must got fired for bein stupid
I never said it had anything to do with Darren's or Casey's. If you'll look, and learn to "read for understanding", I was replying to someone who states that wolfs had closed due to lack of business! I was simply stating the reasons I believe Wolfs closed! He may have been nice to you, I don't know! I only know my experiences with the place! My experience was that it went downhill fast after it opened and that man was a perverted creep!
In response to you saying I must have gotten fired for being so stupid....I have never worked in a restaurant or bar! I work in the medical field! Stupid is as stupid does, sweetheart, and that statement drew a pretty little picture of, not only stupidity, but also your maturity!
jodie

Dawson Springs, KY

#15 Jan 13, 2013
stupid
Booze Hound

Henderson, KY

#17 Jan 13, 2013
omg wrote:
<quoted text>What bars have closed?
Mike's Tavern, City Limits, Country Bar, Friendly Bar, Culley's II, Little Bar, Trixies, Bridgeview
Once A Loyal Customer Too

Henderson, KY

#18 Jan 13, 2013
once a loyal customer wrote:
Sorry Darren your out and Casey is in that pizza is by far the best in Henderson. Their other stuff isn't all that but their pizza breaks the record hands down. Darren you are way over priced on everything you serve ANYWAY. Go Casey.
You're right, everything at Darren's is overpriced. It's not like he's selling something you can't buy at a dozen other places in Henderson.

He needs to wake up and realize he's losing customers because of his prices, his employee's attitudes, and the general atmosphere in the place.

A year ago, Darren's always had a decent dinner crowd-----now, nothing. His cook spends more time shooting pool then he does cooking. Take out orders has dropped in the last month since Casey's opened. A year ago, Darren's was packed on Saturday's during UK games----now 20, 25 people. And go in after work any day of the week and you see the same old men sitting at the bar, telling the same stories. No one new every comes into the place.
Booze Hound

Henderson, KY

#19 Jan 13, 2013
Booze Hound wrote:
<quoted text>Mike's Tavern, City Limits, Country Bar, Friendly Bar, Culley's II, Little Bar, Trixies, Bridgeview
Johnny B's, and if he doesn't straighten out the place, Darren's Pub.
Lexilu

Evansville, IN

#22 Jan 14, 2013
I had Casry's pizza yesterday. It was ok. Nothing special.
kyresident

Greenville, KY

#23 Jan 14, 2013
Casey's as in the gas station.? Has pizza and its good?
Hoop

Princeton, KY

#24 Jan 14, 2013
Hush
listentothecusto mers

Hebron, KY

#25 Jan 14, 2013
It usually works that way. They're the reason you're successful or not.
listentothecusto mers

Hebron, KY

#26 Jan 14, 2013
Besides. Doing the same things that brought people in is usually a good idea. It's not just trying new things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Henderson Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min Senator John McCain 4,312
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Cornelius Scudmister 152,983
Amanda Cordell 22 min John 1
JBucks food 46 min Blue jean baby 14
Giving money 58 min Anonymous 6
My Honda Civic is the fastest car in town. Peri... 1 hr Pro GMC 96
Jailynna Lord 1 hr oh 3
Owner of Barry's 14 hr let it go 27
•••
•••
•••

Henderson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000