First Prev
of 4
Next Last
plof

Henderson, KY

#1 Jan 10, 2013
who got bit?
coalminer

United States

#2 Jan 10, 2013
A 10 year old boy in smith mills got his nose bit off.
bow wow

Owensboro, KY

#3 Jan 10, 2013
coalminer wrote:
A 10 year old boy in smith mills got his nose bit off.
The dog had never been agressive before, says the owner.
Yass

Addison, IL

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Poor boy!!!
coalminer

Duluth, GA

#5 Jan 10, 2013
That's what all owners of pit bulls say when there dog attacks.
please

United States

#6 Jan 10, 2013
Who was it?
Dogowner

Owensboro, KY

#7 Jan 10, 2013
Poor dog and kid although I'm sure he did something to it to make it bite him
Really

Corydon, KY

#8 Jan 10, 2013
I live in smith mills can anyone tell me who the child is?? Is he going to be ok?
coalminer

United States

#9 Jan 10, 2013
Mathew weaver. He is fine.
Thanknot

Corydon, KY

#10 Jan 10, 2013
There wouldn't be as much coverage if the dog was another breed. There is just as many dog bites coming from poodles, chi's, labs ect.. You don't hear bought them.
trouble

Kuttawa, KY

#12 Jan 10, 2013
Thanknot wrote:
There wouldn't be as much coverage if the dog was another breed. There is just as many dog bites coming from poodles, chi's, labs ect.. You don't hear bought them.
Your so stupid!!! Beagle mauls child to death. HA HA give me a break. Do some research, pit bulls were bread and designed to fight and kill. That's what is bread into them, and owners should act accordingly to prevent this from happening. You don't let a child play with a loaded gun do you?? Same difference!
seriously

United States

#14 Jan 11, 2013
Thanknot wrote:
There wouldn't be as much coverage if the dog was another breed. There is just as many dog bites coming from poodles, chi's, labs ect.. You don't hear bought them.
You really need to use the internet more than for just topix and porn. Pit Bulls LEAD all other dogs in violent attacks. They have been and will always be a violent breed. Before pit bulls became the dog of choice by people rottweillers, shepherds, and pinschers also had their time as top violent breeds. People aren't picking on pit bulls or singling them out. Attention is drawn to the breed because they commit so many violent attacks.
Ignorant people

Boonville, IN

#15 Jan 11, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to use the internet more than for just topix and porn. Pit Bulls LEAD all other dogs in violent attacks. They have been and will always be a violent breed. Before pit bulls became the dog of choice by people rottweillers, shepherds, and pinschers also had their time as top violent breeds. People aren't picking on pit bulls or singling them out. Attention is drawn to the breed because they commit so many violent
attacks.
Do you know the history of this dog? Where he came from or if it was even remotely trained? I am gonna tell you this from experience that pitbulls are very well mannered dogs and one of the smartest breeds I have ever seen. I own a female pit and she wouldn't hurt a flea. If you tell her to do something she will do it! I also know many people who have had pitbulls and still do that will tell you the same. Now the problem is we are the reason why this breed has a bad name and we are the reason why they do attack. People train them to be killers! They don't just come up with that on their own!! You can train a lab to be the same way.
bow wow

Owensboro, KY

#16 Jan 11, 2013
Ignorant people wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the history of this dog? Where he came from or if it was even remotely trained? I am gonna tell you this from experience that pitbulls are very well mannered dogs and one of the smartest breeds I have ever seen. I own a female pit and she wouldn't hurt a flea. If you tell her to do something she will do it! I also know many people who have had pitbulls and still do that will tell you the same. Now the problem is we are the reason why this breed has a bad name and we are the reason why they do attack. People train them to be killers! They don't just come up with that on their own!! You can train a lab to be the same way.
The bottom line is that the breed has the potential to do great harm,therefore it's dangerous. wouldn't hurt a flea? I'm sure this owner thought the same thing.
Ignorant people

United States

#17 Jan 11, 2013
bow wow wrote:
<quoted text> The bottom line is that the breed has the potential to do great harm,therefore it's dangerous. wouldn't hurt a flea? I'm sure this owner thought the same thing.
Any breed has the potential to be dangerous. I have seen a cocker spaniel that was so mean he would rather try to bit your arm off then look at you. It's all about how your dog is raised and that's the bottom line!!
parentII

United States

#18 Jan 11, 2013
As a parent I would NEVER allow my child to play with or be near a pit! I've been bit by one when I was younger, so my own experience....I don't care how many times someone says "they've never shown aggression or they wouldn't hurt a fly", pfft......
Ignorant people

United States

#19 Jan 11, 2013
It just kills me that you people act like you know what you are talking about when you have no idea! I bet you don't even own a dog at all and have never even been around a pitbull before. I know this because we fear Comes from ignorance. No I'm not saying you are stupid I'm saying you are just ignorant of the situation. You don't know anything about it and if you did know anything about the breed at all other than what ou have read or saw on the news then you would think different. Bad news makes good news people. They don't tell you about all the good things the dogs do because it's boring. No one wants to hear about it
Ignorant people

United States

#20 Jan 11, 2013
parentII wrote:
As a parent I would NEVER allow my child to play with or be near a pit! I've been bit by one when I was younger, so my own experience....I don't care how many times someone says "they've never shown aggression or they wouldn't hurt a fly", pfft......
Did you know the dog? Was it just roaming around? That dog could have had anything wrong with it and been a stray. I got bit by a classmate one time in school but my mom didn't tell mr I couldn't be around other kids anymore.
seriously

United States

#21 Jan 11, 2013
Ignorant people wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the history of this dog? Where he came from or if it was even remotely trained? I am gonna tell you this from experience that pitbulls are very well mannered dogs and one of the smartest breeds I have ever seen. I own a female pit and she wouldn't hurt a flea. If you tell her to do something she will do it! I also know many people who have had pitbulls and still do that will tell you the same. Now the problem is we are the reason why this breed has a bad name and we are the reason why they do attack. People train them to be killers! They don't just come up with that on their own!! You can train a lab to be the same way.
Actually animals do "just come up with it on their own". All animals are instinctively territorial and protective. In your theorizing you are basically stating that the owner of the animal in question must have trained the animal to be that way but the owner stated " the dog never showed any signs of aggression until this incident". Well I would hope that if the animal had ever showed any signs of aggression they wouldn't have kept it. You can try to rationalize having a pit bull all you want but it has been proven time and again that those breeds are overly aggressive and pose more of a risk than any other type of breed.
seriously

United States

#22 Jan 11, 2013
Ignorant people wrote:
It just kills me that you people act like you know what you are talking about when you have no idea! I bet you don't even own a dog at all and have never even been around a pitbull before. I know this because we fear Comes from ignorance. No I'm not saying you are stupid I'm saying you are just ignorant of the situation. You don't know anything about it and if you did know anything about the breed at all other than what ou have read or saw on the news then you would think different. Bad news makes good news people. They don't tell you about all the good things the dogs do because it's boring. No one wants to hear about it
Yes actually I do know what I am talking about. I have a friend that breeds pit bulls. I also did extensive research, because my children wanted one for a pet, and after talking to breeders, owners, and doing internet research I chose not to get one because of the aggressiveness they show and the instability of the character of the breed. All animals can turn bad at any time but statistically the pit bull has more acts of aggression and violence than any other breed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holly & josh 35 min sarah 2
Austin beck 51 min Eyes 1
derick and stephanie 1 hr kks 9
gibbs 2 hr Wondering 6
Courtney Jeffries and Amanda Ryan 2 hr lee 6
meth house 2 hr missnoisy 23
City of Henderson 2 hr SnapOn 16
Henderson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]