Murder charges for Steve Cotter

Posted in the Henderson Forum

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Where is Justice

Evansville, IN

#1 Jul 11, 2012
Why has Steve Cotter not been arreted for the murder of his wife, Michelle, on Cardinal Lane? Why has this just been swept under the rug? We want answers!!!!!!
agreed

Louisville, KY

#2 Jul 11, 2012
Where is Justice wrote:
Why has Steve Cotter not been arreted for the murder of his wife, Michelle, on Cardinal Lane? Why has this just been swept under the rug? We want answers!!!!!!
In cases like this LEO often take their time waiting for a suspect to incriminate himself further. If they don't eventually charge him with some sort of felony then I know several who will be peraonally contacting Markwell to voice there concerns. A few years ago he prosecuted a man who shot and killed two people who kicked in his door and were coming straight for him. They had already threatened his life as well. If he thought that was wrong how the HELL can he see no foul here? Maybe it's time for a new commonwealth attorney?
Where is Justice

Evansville, IN

#3 Jul 11, 2012
agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
In cases like this LEO often take their time waiting for a suspect to incriminate himself further. If they don't eventually charge him with some sort of felony then I know several who will be peraonally contacting Markwell to voice there concerns. A few years ago he prosecuted a man who shot and killed two people who kicked in his door and were coming straight for him. They had already threatened his life as well. If he thought that was wrong how the HELL can he see no foul here? Maybe it's time for a new commonwealth attorney?
Agree!Where is the toxicology report? That will tell it all! He was known to get high on Lortab and Oxycontin, as well as booze. High on drugs and alcohol does not substantiate an accident.
agreed

Louisville, KY

#4 Jul 11, 2012
Where is Justice wrote:
<quoted text>Agree!Where is the toxicology report? That will tell it all! He was known to get high on Lortab and Oxycontin, as well as booze. High on drugs and alcohol does not substantiate an accident.
Yes, I know he was a heavy drinker. I also know he was a gun toatin' nut. More to your point, intoxication enhances a crime. It certainly doesn't excuse it. If you have a car ACCIDENT, then you have an accident. If you're intoxicated and have a car accident it's a whole different story with certain prosecution. My whole point is even if "his story" is true it doesn't justify anything! It's not like she was cleaning his guns and one discharged. He INTENTIONALLY shot someone who happened to be his wife. And let's go by his story for a second and assume it is true. He thought his wife was an intruder? If she was his wife what could she have possibly done in that moment to make him think she was anyone else?? I know my wife's silhouette from 20 feet away in a crowded area!! And, on a more personal note, even some of his best friends were scared to death of catching him "off guard" knowing he was a trigger happy nut. One told me he would literally say "Hey, it's just me don't shoot," when he would go see him. I'm sure his wife knew he was a trigger happy idiot so I doubt she would have been lurking around like an intruder in the middle of the night knowing he was such a trigger happy nut. I really believe it will shit, piss, and rain on Markwell (meaning he will lose his job or catch a LOT of flack) if he doesn't do his job here. Back to my first point, they might be taking their time for good reason. Let's just hope he doesn't shoot anyone else while they're "investigating."

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#5 Jul 11, 2012
It's going to the Grand Jury in August. I do not believe that he will be charged but all of you "judges" will have your answers soon. Hang tight!
Carefor

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Jul 11, 2012
agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know he was a heavy drinker. I also know he was a gun toatin' nut. More to your point, intoxication enhances a crime. It certainly doesn't excuse it. If you have a car ACCIDENT, then you have an accident. If you're intoxicated and have a car accident it's a whole different story with certain prosecution. My whole point is even if "his story" is true it doesn't justify anything! It's not like she was cleaning his guns and one discharged. He INTENTIONALLY shot someone who happened to be his wife. And let's go by his story for a second and assume it is true. He thought his wife was an intruder? If she was his wife what could she have possibly done in that moment to make him think she was anyone else?? I know my wife's silhouette from 20 feet away in a crowded area!! And, on a more personal note, even some of his best friends were scared to death of catching him "off guard" knowing he was a trigger happy nut. One told me he would literally say "Hey, it's just me don't shoot," when he would go see him. I'm sure his wife knew he was a trigger happy idiot so I doubt she would have been lurking around like an intruder in the middle of the night knowing he was such a trigger happy nut. I really believe it will shit, piss, and rain on Markwell (meaning he will lose his job or catch a LOT of flack) if he doesn't do his job here. Back to my first point, they might be taking their time for good reason. Let's just hope he doesn't shoot anyone else while they're "investigating."
Agree, I call it reckless, I've often wondered what I would do with someone in the house at night and me with a firearm, Even tho it's just me and the wife, I have grown kids and grand kids that could possibly come over with an emergency in the middle of the night. I would absolutely have to know who I'm faceing. If not, I will give you warning that I'm locked and loaded and demand identification. This was reckless.
Bobbyc

Evansville, IN

#7 Jul 11, 2012
Read up on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree murder. He is a freak since high school like pyscho laughing spook. This isnt Atl, LA, or NYC just good old hendo. Maybe they both did something wrong? But if your old lady isnt in bed then she poopin or eating snack something not shoot the first person you see. Wtf? He will end up dead somehow like always by car wreck or somethin strange like every other bust or missing persons. Bless them both
hmm

Evansville, IN

#8 Jul 11, 2012
Waaan wrote:
It's going to the Grand Jury in August. I do not believe that he will be charged but all of you "judges" will have your answers soon. Hang tight!
did you see this on a court docket?

Location hidden

#9 Jul 11, 2012
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>did you see this on a court docket?
Nope!
Where is Justice

Evansville, IN

#11 Jul 11, 2012
Waaan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope!
Why is this not being reported in the Gleaner like all the other cases in Henderson. Again, why is HE getting special treatment! Why have they not reported on the toxicology report, like they do everyone else? Something stinks about this case and if Henderson officials are covering for him, Henderson has a serious problem when someone can get by with murder if you are "liked and known" by the officials in this county. I think I'll call the Gleaner and ask why they are not reporting on this case if he has been indicted to a grand jury and other facts. Other people are reported.
Where is Justice

Evansville, IN

#12 Jul 11, 2012
Being wreckless does not equal "an accident", especially if you are high and drunk.
Where is Justice

Evansville, IN

#13 Jul 11, 2012
If you are "high and drunk" and make a poor judgement to get behind the wheel (or fire a loaded gun), that individual who accidently killed someone because he was driving under the influence is charged. The same should apply if you are "shooting under the influence" and kill someone, regardless if it is your wife or not. The next person could be you in a parking lot if you happen to park beside him and he is carrying a loaded gun. He could "think" you are going to "rob him". See the problem here folks. I don't care if he hung out with lawyers, coached the soccer team that officials sons played on. That is irrelevant. He killed someone! Period! Charge him and send him to prison for his actions!

Location hidden

#14 Jul 11, 2012
Where is Justice wrote:
<quoted text>Why is this not being reported in the Gleaner like all the other cases in Henderson. Again, why is HE getting special treatment! Why have they not reported on the toxicology report, like they do everyone else? Something stinks about this case and if Henderson officials are covering for him, Henderson has a serious problem when someone can get by with murder if you are "liked and known" by the officials in this county. I think I'll call the Gleaner and ask why they are not reporting on this case if he has been indicted to a grand jury and other facts. Other people are reported.
He has NOT been indicted. It goes in front of the Grand Jury in Aug, the Grand Jury will decide if there is enough to indict.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 11, 2012
Where is Justice wrote:
If you are "high and drunk" and make a poor judgement to get behind the wheel (or fire a loaded gun), that individual who accidently killed someone because he was driving under the influence is charged. The same should apply if you are "shooting under the influence" and kill someone, regardless if it is your wife or not. The next person could be you in a parking lot if you happen to park beside him and he is carrying a loaded gun. He could "think" you are going to "rob him". See the problem here folks. I don't care if he hung out with lawyers, coached the soccer team that officials sons played on. That is irrelevant. He killed someone! Period! Charge him and send him to prison for his actions!
There is not a charge as of now .... Therefore we don't whether he was "under the influence " or not. PERIOD!

Location hidden

#16 Jul 11, 2012
Waaan wrote:
<quoted text>There is not a charge as of now .... Therefore we don't whether he was "under the influence " or not. PERIOD!
*** know whether
Where is Justice

Evansville, IN

#17 Jul 11, 2012
The public has the right to know if he was under the influence when he pulled the trigger and killed someone. All other incidents are reported in the newspaper and I know his toxicology report has came back by now. Why is this not reported in the news like all other incidents.
Where is Justice

Evansville, IN

#18 Jul 11, 2012
Waaan, you must be a close friend, in law enforcement or the judicial system in Henderson. You are quick to defend him on every post about him. How would you know about the grand jury in August, if no one else knows?

Location hidden

#19 Jul 11, 2012
Where is Justice wrote:
Waaan, you must be a close friend, in law enforcement or the judicial system in Henderson. You are quick to defend him on every post about him. How would you know about the grand jury in August, if no one else knows?
None of the above! I have sources!:) which I will not reveal. However, it's my opinion that it was an accident, like your opinion is that it's not.
Just because the people of topix are unaware of the status of this incident doesn't mean that nothing's happening. Justice will be served one way or the other. PERIOD!
hmm

Evansville, IN

#20 Jul 11, 2012
Where is Justice wrote:
yes I agree
Anonymous

Bellevue, WA

#22 Jul 11, 2012
just curious if he was such a drunk and a druggie how can u work for the school system considering they do drug testing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how can i delete comments ??? (Apr '13) 9 min true 18
Jesse young 10 min Ooloo 3
Terry Williams 18 min hahaha 3
larry main 54 min mya 1
needing advice-please read.. 1 hr Meeee 12
stephen guill the woman beater (Oct '14) 1 hr BrandyB 19
I Saw You With My 1 hr Meeee 2
More from around the web

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE