First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Chuggachuggachoo choo

Haubstadt, IN

#1 Jul 10, 2012
Say no to drugs. Cmon america be smarter :)
phil macock

United States

#2 Jul 10, 2012
Say no to Meth,cocaine,heroine and whatnot. Say yes to pot. I see nothing wrong with burning one after work or at some type of social function. Its better that drinking a 12 pack or a pint. And I don't ever remember hearing of anyone dying from smoking pot. But alcohol and the other man made drugs kill millions of people every year. But I'm sorry to say pot will never be legal in Kentucky do to all the Bible thumpers that think their opinion is right and everyone else is wrong. By all means you can have your religion but don't push it on me. I don't try to talk people out of going to church. You cannot legislate morality.
Padre

United States

#3 Jul 10, 2012
This is not about religion, but this country was founded on christianity. Thts whay for the longest time america was a gret place to be, now it aint. And its for alot of reasons and drugs being one of them. You cannot compare weed to other drugs because they all do damage to you. Just google the side effects of marijuana and you will see. No drug is better than another there all bad. The sooner ppl realize that the better off we will be. The world is goin to hell and ppl dont care, as long as they got drugs. Wake up america, the worlds going to hell and onlything on your mind is drugs, this country needs a huge U turn and legalizing drugs isnt gonna do that
whaa whaa

Henderson, KY

#4 Jul 10, 2012
No one has ever OD'd on pot.
Please educate yourself before you speak.
Alcohol is physically addictive. Pot isnt.
MrHitDatLick

Kuttawa, KY

#5 Jul 10, 2012
An we don't need firearms an marriage should be,prearranged and we should all worship the same religion and how about only what the government says we can watch on TV?? O and we can only work the jobs they say we can for a straight rate with no chance 2advance or better ourselves?
that.girl

United States

#6 Jul 10, 2012
Easy there padre. No one is talking about legalizing drugs.. We're talking about marijuana.. A plant. 100% natural. Not something someone cooked up in a lab somewhere. Pot doesn't kill and it's definitely not to blame for the decline of our country. Chill out. Smoke a blunt.
Padre

Haubstadt, IN

#7 Jul 10, 2012
Pot is addictive i know alot of ppl who smoke and wont or cant quit. It is natural but it wasnt meant to be rolled into a joint and smoked or to be abused. Just google all the side effects if your brain cells aint all fried.
that.girl

United States

#8 Jul 10, 2012
Pot is not addictive. And in case you haven't noticed, everything has side effects. Energy drinks.. Tanning beds.. All of it. So it makes you a little hungry and sleepy. But it's also used medicinally. So the side effects youre so worried about can't be that bad. Maybe you should try doing a little research on how marijuana affects the brain and you'd see it's not that awful. I do appreciate your concern for my "fried brain cells", however it's unneeded. Do me a favor and read about alcohols affect on the brain and body. I assure you it's much more dangerous and much more of a problem than pot could ever be. Maybe someone should make a topic about that.
THC is a Drug

Belton, KY

#9 Jul 10, 2012
[QUOTE who="that.girl"]Easy there padre. No one is talking about legalizing drugs.. We're talking about marijuana.. A plant. 100% natural. Not something someone cooked up in a lab somewhere. Pot doesn't kill and it's definitely not to blame for the decline of our country. Chill out. Smoke a blunt.[/QUOTE]

Marijuana most certainly IS a drug by formal classification and by definition. The marijuana or hemp plant of years ago that did grow naturally and from which hemp rope was manufactured is nothing remotely close to the strength of marijuana available in recent times. Marijuana contains the drug THC and it has been and still is manipulated genetically in controlled labs by breeders and growers, both legal and illegal, for the sole purpose of producing plants with the highest, most concentrated THC content.
that.girl

United States

#10 Jul 10, 2012
THC is a Drug wrote:
[QUOTE who="that.girl"]Easy there padre. No one is talking about legalizing drugs.. We're talking about marijuana.. A plant. 100% natural. Not something someone cooked up in a lab somewhere. Pot doesn't kill and it's definitely not to blame for the decline of our country. Chill out. Smoke a blunt. "

Marijuana most certainly IS a drug by formal classification and by definition. The marijuana or hemp plant of years ago that did grow naturally and from which hemp rope was manufactured is nothing remotely close to the strength of marijuana available in recent times. Marijuana contains the drug THC and it has been and still is manipulated genetically in controlled labs by breeders and growers, both legal and illegal, for the sole purpose of producing plants with the highest, most concentrated THC content.
Fair enough, lol. I suppose I should've worded that differently. Marijuana is a drug, but so is caffeine. I realize it's two completely different things. But on that same note, so are marijuana and things like meth. There are people who make soured up versions of weed but there is also JUST POT. Not chemically enhanced. Not laced with ecstasy or some other lab produced drug. And it's that that I see no problem in legalizing.
morons

Evansville, IN

#11 Jul 10, 2012
You're all idiots. None of you have any idea what you're talking about. You tell people to google this and that. It's apparent that you need to take your own advice. F**king morons!!!!
THC is a Drug

Belton, KY

#12 Jul 10, 2012
[QUOTE who="that.girl"]< quoted text>
Fair enough, lol. I suppose I should've worded that differently. Marijuana is a drug, but so is caffeine. I realize it's two completely different things. But on that same note, so are marijuana and things like meth. There are people who make soured up versions of weed but there is also JUST POT. Not chemically enhanced. Not laced with ecstasy or some other lab produced drug. And it's that that I see no problem in legalizing.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you would be hard pressed to find anything remotely resembling "JUST POT" anymore. There use to be some volunteer wild growth in areas where hemp was legally grown for rope many years ago but it's really rare to see it growing wild anywhere now days. Fact is it would likely require a pound or more of processed old fashion "JUST POT" to equal the THC content of an ounce of most modern day strains of THC enhanced marijuana.
Padre

Haubstadt, IN

#13 Jul 10, 2012
Yes damaging your temporal lobe that causes short term memory aint so bad....idiot! And it is used or can be used for medicinal purposes, but thats differant from abusing it and im 90% certainthe ones here in this forum abuse it. Just like aspirin u take it right, if u abuse it you will have negative side effects. Theres a differance from using it right, and abusing it.
Tosh

Louisville, KY

#14 Jul 10, 2012
I think I have heard this same discussion from so many people through my life that it's become completely ridiculous. One on side, you have people who say that Marijuana is a dangerous drug, that it kills, etc. On the other side, you have people vehemently defending it, saying that it's not harmful, not addictive, etc.
The truth is, there are so many variables to this, that there are very few absolutely right answers.
1. Marijuana is a drug. It effects the biochemistry of the human body. No arguing this. I don;t give a shit how 'natural' you say it is, it's a drug.
2. Marijuana is addictive. Perhaps it doesn't create a physical dependency like you are referring to, but a psychological dependency is just as strong, if not stronger. You get addicted to the feeling, the lifestyle, etc. That;s why people don't want to quit. It feels good.
3. Marijuana does kill people. Sure, it;s going to be hard to find the data that supports it, but if you think people don't have wrecks because they are high, then you're out of your fucking mind. People smoke and drive all the time. They get in wrecks. They kill or get killed.
Also, a lot of people who smoke pot also smoke cigarettes. These are many of the same people who get various types of pulmonary diseases, which they subsequently die from. To say inhaling chemicals from marijuana in their lungs had nothing to do with it is absurd.
4. My last point is this. Marijuana is not the devil. It's not the worst thing out there. In fact, as several of you have pointed out, alcohol is worse, and that's the truth. Alcohol is responsible for many more deaths than Marijuana, and I do mean many. But that doesn't mean that Marijuana is as safe as some of you like to let on. Everything has consequences.
mr blunt

Henderson, KY

#15 Jul 10, 2012
Padre wrote:
Pot is addictive i know alot of ppl who smoke and wont or cant quit. It is natural but it wasnt meant to be rolled into a joint and smoked or to be abused. Just google all the side effects if your brain cells aint all fried.
Pot isn't physically addictive like alcohol.
People are addicted to sex also. Good logic tho genius
People need it

Hopkinsville, KY

#16 Jul 10, 2012
With the total stress people have every single day,
yeah it would help to cope with one another.
Me myself am not a user of, but have been around folks that do all my life and never have seen a problem from it. Now alcohol..totaly different subject. Regulate it, tax it whatever. Maybe people would'nt fly off the handle so quick to pull the trigger. Back in 70s everyone got along with each other, Hate was on the small end of the scale. Peace out!
Chuggachuggachoo choo

Haubstadt, IN

#17 Jul 10, 2012
If your stressed take a anti depressant and SSRI's lol dont need weed
doo gooder

Henderson, KY

#18 Jul 10, 2012
I've been smoking 35 years. My house paid for and I'm getting ready to retire.
And guess what...I'm gona smoke every dam day!
People need it

Hopkinsville, KY

#19 Jul 10, 2012
Chuggachuggachoochoo wrote:
If your stressed take a anti depressant and SSRI's lol dont need weed
A bunch of dam pills is not the answer, they just wreck havoc to the body unreal, Total toxins
Tosh

Louisville, KY

#20 Jul 10, 2012
It's just like anything else; some people can handle it, and some can't. If you can, and the rewards outweigh the risks to you, then by all means, light it up. :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Henderson Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Trayce Buchannon 2 min seriously 22
paige tapp 12 min Stop 8
Courtney Haire 13 min survivor2014 4
Ashley Evans dating a inmate 26 min u otta no 4
Malibug Tan 32 min smh 41
Blake Smithhart 58 min 270guy 3
meth house 1 hr Justice 6
Henderson Dating
Find my Match