South Middle School
Uniforms

Ridgway, IL

#52 Sep 21, 2011
Even if SMS wears uniforms, even if poor children r given uniforms there will still be haves and have nots in school! Simply because some parents won't take care of the uniforms! Sad but true. A lot of kids wear hand me downs from older sibling or family members.
donnie higgs

United States

#53 Sep 22, 2011
For real wrote:
My son said at South it's either be a bully or be bullied! That's sad!
Learn to use them hands early is what I taught my daughter
donnie higgs

United States

#54 Sep 22, 2011
stephen wrote:
<quoted text>Your son WILL NOT be kicked off the team for telling on someone for being bullied.
No maybe not but he will def be made fun of and picked because he told.
Teach ya kids that telling is a no no, it only brings harm to them, if u teach them telling is ok then they will grow up thinking that and what if they witness something later in life and tell what they saw then they get killed for doing so, then it would b hard on u cause u taught them that telling is ok.
Just a thought.
bear

United States

#55 Sep 22, 2011
Uniforms wrote:
Even if SMS wears uniforms, even if poor children r given uniforms there will still be haves and have nots in school! Simply because some parents won't take care of the uniforms! Sad but true. A lot of kids wear hand me downs from older sibling or family members.
My child WILL NOT EVER wear hand me downs and very rarely ever wears the same outfit twice. If u can't afford clothes then find a job or a better job and make it happen. Don't get on a forum an whine n cry about it
Gin

Louisville, KY

#56 Sep 22, 2011
bear wrote:
<quoted text>
My child WILL NOT EVER wear hand me downs and very rarely ever wears the same outfit twice. If u can't afford clothes then find a job or a better job and make it happen. Don't get on a forum an whine n cry about it
This has to be the most ridicilous post on here! There is nothing wrong with hand me downs and wearing the same outfit twice... What the heck are you trying to teach your child? In todays world and the economy the way it is we need to teach our children the value of money and to reuse anything we can (especially clothes)! I really hope you understand that your teaching your child to look dowm on others and this is probably a case where your child is the bully! Good job
law

Chicago, IL

#57 Sep 22, 2011
That Becky WOW what a well you know !
bear

United States

#58 Sep 22, 2011
Gin wrote:
<quoted text>This has to be the most ridicilous post on here! There is nothing wrong with hand me downs and wearing the same outfit twice... What the heck are you trying to teach your child? In todays world and the economy the way it is we need to teach our children the value of money and to reuse anything we can (especially clothes)! I really hope you understand that your teaching your child to look dowm on others and this is probably a case where your child is the bully! Good job
Thanks
Dav

Owensboro, KY

#59 Sep 22, 2011
bear wrote:
<quoted text>My child WILL NOT EVER wear hand me downs and very rarely ever wears the same outfit twice. If u can't afford clothes then find a job or a better job and make it happen. Don't get on a forum an whine n cry about it
What size is ur child. I would love ur hand me downs. Ur a snob! Ur teaching ur child some great values!!!!
agree

Henderson, KY

#60 Sep 22, 2011
Dav wrote:
<quoted text>
What size is ur child. I would love ur hand me downs. Ur a snob! Ur teaching ur child some great values!!!!
I agree........some people are just dumb i bet she thinks that her shit don't stink and shes better than everyone around her u know the kind who look at someone and turn their nose up at them what a real example to set for your child LADY bravo!!!!!!!!!! Im sure her kid is one of the BULLYS!!!!!!!!!!
WOWWW

Henderson, KY

#61 Sep 22, 2011
bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Im betting that your KID is probably one of the problems!!!!! I bet they are one of the ones bullying other kids........WONDERFUL MOM
WOWWW

Henderson, KY

#62 Sep 22, 2011
donnie higgs wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to use them hands early is what I taught my daughter
and im sure that u are either going to or have been in the office alot.......FIGHTING IS NEVER THE ANSWER!!!!!! im sorry but i don't want my daughter to end up in central
Anonymous

Pflugerville, TX

#63 Sep 22, 2011
The problem of bullying stems from parents. If parents emphasize that everyone is different but should be treated fairly and with respect and to keep open mindedness to new / different ideas then bullying wouldn't be as problematic as it is. Traditionally, henderson has had this problem for generations. Teach children to respect others through what you say at home and your actions to back them up. Parents / guardians are the best teacher of this. Instill in their minds that people are equal. If you believe that your son / daughter is a bully the best way to help change the situation is first change your self and have discussions with them. Sadly, the majority of families do not have the amount of communication as they once did. Also, kids at school can be lead to believe that bullying is an easy way to fit into a group because they haven't developed their own identity yet. To prevent other from bullying them they will bully other kids just to feel accepted. Teachers and the admin should only have to discipline kids not be their parents too. They already have so much on their plate. Parenting is the other half of a child's education. Please take pride in your child's education and spend time teaching them.
bear

United States

#64 Sep 22, 2011
Dav wrote:
<quoted text>What size is ur child. I would love ur hand me downs. Ur a snob! Ur teaching ur child some great values!!!!
bear

United States

#65 Sep 22, 2011
WOWWW wrote:
<quoted text>Im betting that your KID is probably one of the problems!!!!! I bet they are one of the ones bullying other kids........WONDERFUL MOM
I'm actually the dad, mom is nowhere to be found. Thank u though. Never said my kid was a bully, he just won't take any shit off anybody
agree

Henderson, KY

#66 Sep 23, 2011
i agree that the parents need to watch their kids and stop it if they are bullying i know that i have taught my kids since they were old enough to understand that name calling and harassing is NOT TOLERATED and my oldest who is getting bullied does not do those things....granted she is being bullied but she does stand up for herself just not with hands or other mean words.......If i ever did find out that she is bullying another child she would have a new understanding for the word GROUNDED!!!!! plain and simple there are some parents out there that just DON'T CARE WHAT THEIR KIDS ARE DOING AS LONG AS THEY ARENT BOTHERING THEM.......
zulu

Sellersburg, IN

#67 Sep 29, 2011
Parent wrote:
There r alot of clicks(groups) at South for sure! And the school should do more to brake up the groups this would stop some of the bullying!
You can't tell kids who to be friends with and who not. The school does not have any control over that
the only thing a teacher could do in the classroom to "break up" a group would be to assign seating -not where the kid chooses but where the teacher sees fit. Thats about it realistically
zulu

Sellersburg, IN

#68 Sep 29, 2011
bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Bear - you definately have mixed up values. Its the person that counts and not the clothes. I'm glad my parents didn't teach me like that... and my father earned a good living, mom didn't h
ave to work outside the home but they taught me to be grounded and to appreciate. They didn't spoil us and I'm thankful for that
zulu

Sellersburg, IN

#69 Sep 29, 2011
bear wrote:
<quoted text>
amen! you got all that right!
zulu

Sellersburg, IN

#70 Sep 29, 2011
donnie higgs wrote:
<quoted text>
No maybe not but he will def be made fun of and picked because he told.
Teach ya kids that telling is a no no, it only brings harm to them, if u teach them telling is ok then they will grow up thinking that and what if they witness something later in life and tell what they saw then they get killed for doing so, then it would b hard on u cause u taught them that telling is ok.
Just a thought.
So seriously if someone murders your family member and someone knows exactly who did it-that someonw shouldn't tell???? you are pitiful!
kmv

Bowling Green, KY

#71 Oct 4, 2011
SMS MOM wrote:
I have a child that goes to South and so far he has not had problems with the bulling! I do have a daughter that went there a few years ago and she did have some problems with girls mad and mean over boys...
I dont think this is a status thing, i think its more of kids being kids and kids can be very mean! I remember these same issues when i was a kid, the only difference now is these kids post everything on the internet!
If we would crack down and monitor what our kids are posting and viewing online im sure it would help a small bit.
My child is not allowed to have any access to the internet without me having passwords. I also monitor his cell phone.
Parents just need to be more aware of what our kids are doing and saying.
A lot of bullying is more kids not being able to cope with what is everyday living, unfortuanately this is part of growing up. It doesn't matter what school you go to , or what grade, gender, or race that you are there are going to be the exact same issues that we as parents, and our parents and so on, have dealt with. I agree, parents need to be held more responsible for or childrens actions. as well as our children being help responsible. The number one issues of bullying from JR high forward, are dating issues and jealousy. This I think should be part of the issues adressed int he bullying programs.
I have had 3 kids go through South and I have always had full cooperation with the staff. I have one Child currently at south, and I have had no problems. I think that if the parents feel there are real concerns, then they need to try to get a staff parent meeting together to address the issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
erica ruiz 52 min Hardtime 24
Liberals at Berkeley shut down free speech...ag... 55 min Hmm 3
single cute white boys that like mixed girls (Dec '14) 1 hr Hardtime 23
Richard PAB Brown 1 hr Truestory 4
Chick in powder blue mazda 2 hr Lit 6
Henderson co Drug Court program! (Jan '12) 4 hr URanAsshole 63
Sarah (cook) Duncan l 4 hr Lance 3
Next baseball coach pt 4 6 hr truth 117

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web