South Middle School
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Parent

Ridgway, IL

#1 Sep 19, 2011
Is bullying a big problem at South? What do u all think about the vice principal ?
Xxx

Ridgway, IL

#2 Sep 19, 2011
I think that bullying is a problem in all Henderson county school!
Parent

Ridgway, IL

#3 Sep 19, 2011
There r alot of clicks(groups) at South for sure! And the school should do more to brake up the groups this would stop some of the bullying!
also a parent

United States

#4 Sep 19, 2011
R u talking about the administrator?
stephen

United States

#5 Sep 19, 2011
What about the vice principal?
Parent three

Ridgway, IL

#6 Sep 19, 2011
I think South staff needs to do more to prevent bullying at school,my daughter has been picked on a lot by other girls durning school.
Vice principal

Ridgway, IL

#8 Sep 19, 2011
Just asking what other parents think? She seems kinda cold to me?
parent

United States

#12 Sep 19, 2011
Vice principal wrote:
Just asking what other parents think? She seems kinda cold to me?
What do you mean by cold? She supports EVERYTHING and EVERY student in that building.
Wishing

Ridgway, IL

#13 Sep 19, 2011
Wish my kid could go to another school. With less fighting and bullying! I agree the school staff needs to do more to prevent bullying instead of trying to stop it once it starts! It's horrible that some kids r so under privileged! Then bullied because of it! Special Education needs children also get made fun of alot,this is very heartbreaking! I feel that special needs and children that are academically low are way under served at South. They need more one on one help and need teachers to believe in them and push them academically!
Parent

Ridgway, IL

#14 Sep 19, 2011
Not if your black who="parent"]<quo te text>
What do you mean by cold? She supports EVERYTHING and EVERY student in that building.[not if your black or poor]
and

United States

#15 Sep 19, 2011
It's not just under privileged and special needs. My son is neither and gets bullied. Sometimes it's also jealous little haters and nothing is done either!
stephen

United States

#16 Sep 19, 2011
Wishing wrote:
Wish my kid could go to another school. With less fighting and bullying! I agree the school staff needs to do more to prevent bullying instead of trying to stop it once it starts! It's horrible that some kids r so under privileged! Then bullied because of it! Special Education needs children also get made fun of alot,this is very heartbreaking! I feel that special needs and children that are academically low are way under served at South. They need more one on one help and need teachers to believe in them and push them academically!
How can they get more one on one than what they get now? They make sure that every child that has accommodations get them... And if there is a child being bullied tell the child to come to room 104 and I will personally make sure it is handled.
Agree

Ridgway, IL

#17 Sep 19, 2011
South shouldn't be all about the popular kids! Alot of the kids are acidemicialy low in reading and math! I fell alot of teacher have extremely low expections for special needs kids. I know the topic is about bullying however special education kids r bullied alot!
stephen

United States

#18 Sep 19, 2011
Parent wrote:
Not if your black who="parent"]<quo te text>
What do you mean by cold? She supports EVERYTHING and EVERY student in that building.[not if your black or poor]
Apparently you don't know her... Do you think she grew up with loads of money? No she grew up poor...
For real

Ridgway, IL

#19 Sep 19, 2011
My son said at South it's either be a bully or be bullied! That's sad!
Parent

Ridgway, IL

#20 Sep 19, 2011
My son plays sports and gets bullied but won't say anything to take up for thimself because he doesn't want to risk getting kicked of the team! ;( Bullyies suck!
another parent

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Sep 19, 2011
Yes south has no problem acting like they will handle it. But nothing was ever done with my daughter, I moved her to north this year and so far she as enjoyed school and is making better grades. South was horrible for her! crying everyday, on top of that threatening phone calls at all hours of the night. But don't for on second think the police will take care of it either cause we tried that too! It's really sad if you ask me!
stephen

United States

#22 Sep 19, 2011
Parent wrote:
My son plays sports and gets bullied but won't say anything to take up for thimself because he doesn't want to risk getting kicked of the team! ;( Bullyies suck!
Your son WILL NOT be kicked off the team for telling on someone for being bullied.
wondering

Birdseye, IN

#24 Sep 19, 2011
I don't think it's South Middle school only. I never had problems getting along with people until middle school. I honestly never bothered anyone but I was forced to be shoved into Having to defend myself right off.
Not only does it happen at south. I've heard of MANY different middle schools with the same problem.
SMS Parent

Ridgway, IL

#25 Sep 19, 2011
I hope the staff and teachers will do more to stop bullying and the whole social group thing! If they say what else can be done? Then maybe there needs to be new staff members that can think outside the box! Make so positive change! Bullying will never be stopes 100 percent! But South staff needs to manage it better !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
melissa bell 17 min rt 2
Tommy floyd 34 min itssad 3
Jailynna lord 37 min lololololol 30
Glen Taylor 44 min hendo girl 4
who set on fire? 1 hr kelly 5
Thoughts about God 1 hr kelly 54
The continued childishness of hysterical liberals. 1 hr Patriot 47

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance