new tennis courts on water

Posted in the Henderson Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Handiman

Owensboro, KY

#1 Sep 24, 2012
So this was a huge waste of money! Ive yet to see anyone down there playing. O and the observation decks not handicapped accessible.
Dougie Dog

Henderson, KY

#2 Sep 24, 2012
And the post office using the parking lot at the tennis courts as parking spaces for their employees.
joederpe

Evansville, IN

#3 Sep 24, 2012
thers anchored tennis court awesome
tennis pro NOT

Henderson, KY

#4 Sep 24, 2012
Are you kidding they look awesome. It makes me want to go and learn how to play tennis! I think it was the best money Henderson has ever spent. I think it will draw all those Professional Tennis Players to come here and play. Heck we might even become the next Wimbledon except ours isn't a grass surface. That is the best 2.5 million this town has ever spent.

Back to REALITY!!!!
I drove by there and the first thought I had was "hmmm If I spent 2.5 million for something I would at least take a leaf blower and blow all the leafs off the courts". I think the mayor made the statement "Henderson is a tennis town", when someone questioned why we were dishing all this money out for some stupid tennis courts. I hope they at least put up a large sign that says "WELCOME TO HENDERSON" they might even be able to get and LCD Sign like the schools have.
krusty

Henderson, KY

#5 Sep 24, 2012
They do look nice but like you said, big waste of money. How about for once this town puts up money for the youth around here!
big pun

United States

#6 Sep 24, 2012
Heaven forbid they put some basketball courts Down there.
whack town

Henderson, KY

#7 Sep 24, 2012
where the basketball courts at?
Tennis Court Parking

Henderson, KY

#8 Sep 24, 2012
Sorry Dougie Dog but your wrong. Postal Employees are not parking at the Precious Tennis Court's as you stated. The infamous Whack Town City Employee's and their infinite wisdom put up 2 hour Parking Restriction Signs from 8-5 for Parking at the new courts, the same signs at the infamous "WELCOME CENTER" that only has 3 vehicles parked in the lot on any given weekday and they belong to the employee's. Hell the City should just make it a self-service push-button welcome center like the Rest Area's on the Interstate and save us $100,000 plus Tax Dollars for the overworked personnel there. Hmm speaking of Post Office's why didnt they use that land space to build a new Post Office facility to replace the current one that is too small, outdated & little to no customer parking,(I guess that would make too much sense). It's funny the first day they opened the New Tennis Court's people were playing tennis for the first couple hours & by the afternoon not a single person on the court's. This money should have went to build a new Humane Society Facility for animals instead of Tennis Courts. Good thing it's an election year maybe the citizens of Henderson will use common sense & vote for someone that has common sense on spending "OUR" Tax dollars for these downtown projects.
big pun

United States

#9 Sep 24, 2012
Tennis Court Parking wrote:
Sorry Dougie Dog but your wrong. Postal Employees are not parking at the Precious Tennis Court's as you stated. The infamous Whack Town City Employee's and their infinite wisdom put up 2 hour Parking Restriction Signs from 8-5 for Parking at the new courts, the same signs at the infamous "WELCOME CENTER" that only has 3 vehicles parked in the lot on any given weekday and they belong to the employee's. Hell the City should just make it a self-service push-button welcome center like the Rest Area's on the Interstate and save us $100,000 plus Tax Dollars for the overworked personnel there. Hmm speaking of Post Office's why didnt they use that land space to build a new Post Office facility to replace the current one that is too small, outdated & little to no customer parking,(I guess that would make too much sense). It's funny the first day they opened the New Tennis Court's people were playing tennis for the first couple hours & by the afternoon not a single person on the court's. This money should have went to build a new Humane Society Facility for animals instead of Tennis Courts. Good thing it's an election year maybe the citizens of Henderson will use common sense & vote for someone that has common sense on spending "OUR" Tax dollars for these downtown projects.
god bless our elected officials!
whack town

Henderson, KY

#11 Sep 24, 2012
Its ashame we cant get rid of them all and start fresh
Preferential Treatment

Henderson, KY

#12 Sep 24, 2012
Has anyone ever notice that people that live on the 100-200 block of South Main street get preferential treatment when it comes to getting their street cleaned and asphalt repaved alot more than other city streets in Henderson, hmm maybe it's because Mike Farmer & X.R. Royster live in that area. Make's you wonder huh.
Dugie Dog

Henderson, KY

#13 Sep 25, 2012
Tennis Court Parking wrote:
Drive down Water Street some day and compare how many cars are parked in the parking lot at the tennis court to how many people are playing tennis. Yesterday there were 10 cars in the lot and no one playing tennis-----and all these cars were parked in the area right across from the post office. They were there all day.
joederpe

Evansville, IN

#14 Sep 25, 2012
there really isnt any bball courts except like by mlk
Handsome Man

Owensboro, KY

#15 Sep 25, 2012
Dugie Dog wrote:
<quoted text> Drive down Water Street some day and compare how many cars are parked in the parking lot at the tennis court to how many people are playing tennis. Yesterday there were 10 cars in the lot and no one playing tennis-----and all these cars were parked in the area right across from the post office. They were there all day.
Postal workers are so lazy. No wonder they're contributing to the deficit.

Since: Aug 12

Haubstadt, IN

#16 Sep 25, 2012
Handsome Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Postal workers are so lazy. No wonder they're contributing to the deficit.

Try going on a walking route with one of them some day and see how lazy they are then you'll see you're more of a deficit to society then they are.
Stever

United States

#17 Sep 26, 2012
If you build it .... well.... people will park there.
civil served

United States

#18 Sep 26, 2012
Good guys finish last wrote:
<quoted text>.

Try going on a walking route with one of them some day and see how lazy they are then you'll see you're more of a deficit to society then they are.
lol....don't forget those pesky dogs and rain.
You only get routes if you have seniority and kiss that union ass.
Seriously

Evansville, IN

#19 Sep 26, 2012
Preferential Treatment wrote:
Has anyone ever notice that people that live on the 100-200 block of South Main street get preferential treatment when it comes to getting their street cleaned and asphalt repaved alot more than other city streets in Henderson, hmm maybe it's because Mike Farmer & X.R. Royster live in that area. Make's you wonder huh.
Sorry, but your wrong, XR doesnt live on south main anymore. He lives on 60 east now. Farmer does live there, but the street cleaning is because they sweep the streets downtown 3 times a week at 5 in the darn morning, I know my apartment is downtown. then the truck goes down main street from there. Just thought you should know every mon, wen, and fri i wake up 1 hour earlier... and I have complianed, but oh well..
lol

United States

#20 Sep 27, 2012
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but your wrong, XR doesnt live on south main anymore. He lives on 60 east now. Farmer does live there, but the street cleaning is because they sweep the streets downtown 3 times a week at 5 in the darn morning, I know my apartment is downtown. then the truck goes down main street from there. Just thought you should know every mon, wen, and fri i wake up 1 hour earlier... and I have complianed, but oh well..
the city should have the sweeper downtown at 8pm. The city is dead by then anyway
Leaping Lenny

Henderson, KY

#21 Sep 27, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
the city should have the sweeper downtown at 8pm. The city is dead by then anyway
Seriously would complain about them doing that late in the day, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Henderson Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min harmonious 155,433
Tim Mays 22 min anonymous 6
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 22 min Truth 7,184
Colby Werner 24 min interesting 9
lacey nunnelly is pregnant by who? 25 min VN 27
Andrew Filkens 27 min RS 3
Bust 28 min law & order 4

Henderson Jobs

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Henderson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Henderson

Personal Finance