First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mad parent

United States

#1 Dec 7, 2012
My 1st grader just got off the bus with paint on his sleeve and pants!!! I'm very upset that his whole outfit is ruined because they are painting while my kid is at school. Isn't that against some kind of law?!? I wonder if there are any kids with asthma that are having problems because of this. The school will pay for a new outfit, right?
friend of a friend

United States

#2 Dec 7, 2012
Who the hell deemed it a good idea to paint with kids there???? WTF
Scout

Haubstadt, IN

#3 Dec 7, 2012
Why not pick up the damn phone and call the school and discuss it with them!!!!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4 Dec 8, 2012
mad parent wrote:
My 1st grader just got off the bus with paint on his sleeve and pants!!! I'm very upset that his whole outfit is ruined because they are painting while my kid is at school. Isn't that against some kind of law?!? I wonder if there are any kids with asthma that are having problems because of this. The school will pay for a new outfit, right?
Um....little kids get messy. Complain about things that are wroth complaining about....not paint on clothes...
dumb dude

Princeton, KY

#5 Dec 8, 2012
Wee-Wee2 wrote:
<quoted text>Um....little kids get messy. Complain about things that are wroth complaining about....not paint on clothes...
Very correct

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6 Dec 8, 2012
Paint does come out if you WASH THE CLOTHES! Not all but most do!
hmm

Princeton, KY

#7 Dec 8, 2012
Wee-Wee2 wrote:
<quoted text>Um....little kids get messy. Complain about things that are wroth complaining about....not paint on clothes...
I think the original post is referring the industrial paint not the children painting for an art material or something.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#8 Dec 8, 2012
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>I think the original post is referring the industrial paint not the children painting for an art material or something.
Possibly...but accidents happen. Things have to be painted once in a while. Little kids bump into wet things. Oh well. It's not like the school would be using lead based paint and your kid was licking the wet walls. Buy another $9.99 shirt an get over it.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#9 Dec 8, 2012
Wee-Wee2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly...but accidents happen. Things have to be painted once in a while. Little kids bump into wet things. Oh well. It's not like the school would be using lead based paint and your kid was licking the wet walls. Buy another $9.99 shirt an get over it.
They could WASH the $9.99 shirt and it may very well come out!
Yupppers

Princeton, KY

#10 Dec 8, 2012
I think they were having a bitchy day and just wanted to bitch about something!!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#11 Dec 9, 2012
Yupppers wrote:
I think they were having a bitchy day and just wanted to bitch about something!!
That's 99% of Topix every day.
A Little Planning Ahead

Cadiz, KY

#12 Dec 9, 2012
You would think the school maintenance dept. managers would plan ahead for that type of project to be performed during one of the numerous breaks that schools have throughout the year when there are no students around.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13 Dec 9, 2012
A Little Planning Ahead wrote:
You would think the school maintenance dept. managers would plan ahead for that type of project to be performed during one of the numerous breaks that schools have throughout the year when there are no students around.
Maybe it was something small that needed to be painted for safety reasons. Do you plan on painting things around your house and schedule it when your children will be gone?
Apples to Oranges

Cadiz, KY

#15 Dec 10, 2012
Wee-Wee2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it was something small that needed to be painted for safety reasons. Do you plan on painting things around your house and schedule it when your children will be gone?
Maybe it was,... but much more likely maybe it wasn't, either.

Common sense is that a small painting project should very rarely, if ever, be a critical, high priority, emergency issue inside a school. Marking of bathrooms, emergency exits, fire extinguishers locations, etc., should NEVER, EVER get to the point where their locations need to be marked (painted) during school hours.

All of our children are grown and gone out on their own now but to answer your question, yes, when they were small we planned the occasional interior painting project for when they weren't likely to be home. If they weren't in school they'd stay with grandparents, baby sitters, at friends house, etc., primarily because of the inherent objectionable odor and potentially noxious fumes associated with paint, and secondly, because they were less likely to be under-foot.

Equating the planning of home maintenance projects to that of a public schools, based on when children will or will not be present, is equivalent to the old, "comparing apples to oranges", scenario.

Practically speaking, the children in most families, and especially the smaller children, are usually present in their own home for a period of time at some point almost every day of the year. The vast majority of children are generally not inside school every day of the year.
hmmmm

Henderson, KY

#17 Dec 10, 2012
thats strange

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#19 Dec 10, 2012
Apples to Oranges wrote:
Maybe it was,... but much more likely maybe it wasn't, either.

Common sense is that a small painting project should very rarely, if ever, be a critical, high priority, emergency issue inside a school. Marking of bathrooms, emergency exits, fire extinguishers locations, etc., should NEVER, EVER get to the point where their locations need to be marked (painted) during school hours.

All of our children are grown and gone out on their own now but to answer your question, yes, when they were small we planned the occasional interior painting project for when they weren't likely to be home. If they weren't in school they'd stay with grandparents, baby sitters, at friends house, etc., primarily because of the inherent objectionable odor and potentially noxious fumes associated with paint, and secondly, because they were less likely to be under-foot.

Equating the planning of home maintenance projects to that of a public schools, based on when children will or will not be present, is equivalent to the old, "comparing apples to oranges", scenario.

Practically speaking, the children in most families, and especially the smaller children, are usually present in their own home for a period of time at some point almost every day of the year. The vast majority of children are generally not inside school every day of the year.
Neither are maintenance people....
Frenchy

Duluth, GA

#20 Dec 10, 2012
Guess what! The whole school is getting painted.
Still Apples to Oranges

Madisonville, KY

#21 Dec 10, 2012
Wee-Wee2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither are maintenance people....
All the more reason why it's necessary for any professional dept. manager to prioritize, plan, prepare, and then perform.

All intrusive, non-critical, low priority maintenance projects such as painting (which also could be a potential health risk) should be scheduled to occur only when students are not on site, whether performed by school maintenance employee's, or bid out to private contractors.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#22 Dec 11, 2012
Still Apples to Oranges wrote:
<quoted text>All the more reason why it's necessary for any professional dept. manager to prioritize, plan, prepare, and then perform.

All intrusive, non-critical, low priority maintenance projects such as painting (which also could be a potential health risk) should be scheduled to occur only when students are not on site, whether performed by school maintenance employee's, or bid out to private contractors.
Just because you feel this way, doesn't make it so.....sorry.
Common Sense Is Uncommon

Cadiz, KY

#23 Dec 11, 2012
Wee-Wee2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you feel this way, doesn't make it so.....sorry.
And equally so, neither do your opinions,.....sorry back-at-cha.

Unfortunately, nowadays common sense is becoming more and more uncommon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i cheated 15 min biggnigg 80
prostitution 21 min lol 24
fb photos 39 min lol 2
Skeeter Wathen 50 min short and hott 1
A bad observation 1 hr biggnigg 3
dustin 1 hr Lyn 3
mandi buchanan 2 hr shay 4
Henderson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:36 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 5:36PM
Falcons release veteran running back Steven Jackson
Bleacher Report 8:55 PM
St. Louis Rams: 5 Best Options to Replace Joe Barksdale This Offseason
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why the Browns Need to Stay Far Away from Bradford
NFL 7:00 AM
Weinke makes a Luck-Bradford collegiate comparison
Bleacher Report 9:58 AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine