Blue Ribbon Car Lot
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Pissed

United States

#1 Jan 1, 2013
This place is a damn joke. I bought a car there for the purpose of goin back and forth to work. Just something that got better gas milage than my Duelly. A few weeks after owning it the motor developed a rubbing noise. I took it back because they have a "mechanic" working there. Bullshit. They have a bunch of dumb-asses working there that don't know a wrench from a screw driver. What a joke!!!! I don't recommend buying or getting anything fixed there. Rip-off.
curious

Hilliard, OH

#2 Jan 1, 2013
hope you dont have to deal with the owner, because he is dumber than the so called mechanic.....he will fix a car for you but also charge out the ass for it.
Pissed

United States

#3 Jan 1, 2013
curious wrote:
hope you dont have to deal with the owner, because he is dumber than the so called mechanic.....he will fix a car for you but also charge out the ass for it.
I don't know how he can charge so much....there is so certificates I anything showing the mechanic is certified!
polecat

Henderson, KY

#4 Jan 1, 2013
Pissed wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how he can charge so much....there is so certificates I anything showing the mechanic is certified!
If he was certified, you would have to pay extra.
Pissed

United States

#5 Jan 1, 2013
Well then it would be even more of a rip-off. Worst place ever!!!
huh

Florence, KY

#6 Jan 1, 2013
Pissed wrote:
This place is a damn joke. I bought a car there for the purpose of goin back and forth to work. Just something that got better gas milage than my Duelly. A few weeks after owning it the motor developed a rubbing noise. I took it back because they have a "mechanic" working there. Bullshit. They have a bunch of dumb-asses working there that don't know a wrench from a screw driver. What a joke!!!! I don't recommend buying or getting anything fixed there. Rip-off.
Where is this place?
That

Akron, OH

#7 Jan 2, 2013
I know the mechanic there is very good has always done me right and has never over charged me at all. The owner I don't really care for but the mechanic has always been nice to me and treated me with respect and taken care of my car!
customer

Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 2, 2013
I have had two cars through them they have always been fair and worked with me on payments.. I know Chris the mechanic personally and he is certified as a mechanic are more than capable to take care of anything a car needs done. Statistically speaking most cars break down due to pour care from a customer or not doing the simple things like preventive maintenance. But as far as over charging I have had work done for myself and family there and the prices have always been fair and far under others so if your mad or upset be grown up and talk to them civilly or be a child and throw a fit on Topix. We see your choice
huh

Tucker, GA

#9 Jan 2, 2013
Is this on Mckinley st in Henderson
Pissed

Owensboro, KY

#10 Jan 2, 2013
Well first off I did address the owner. So your, assumption on that is wrong. Secondly, if you don't wish to read negative reviews on topix then don't log onto this site. An as far as the mechanic being certified that's a bunch of crap. Because like you I too know him. And know several people that know him.
Blue Ribbon Motors

Akron, OH

#11 Jan 2, 2013
Pissed wrote:
Dear pissed,
It is not called Blue Ribbon Car Lot. It is called Blue Ribbon Motors, located at 918 N Green Street Henderson, KY 42420.

I do not recall who you are or your complaint of a "rubbing" noise. We do in fact have a mechanic. A very good mechanic in spite of your assessment. Perhaps you could describe the level of your own mechanical experience so we might assess whether you have the expertise to assess what is and what is not a "mechanic". A dumbass is also a subjective term. I wonder...what kind of person (a dumbass maybe?)displays a temper tantrum like a 4 year old instead of addressing an issue directly? You don't state whether we actually did a repair on your vehicle or if you still own the vehicle or if perhaps we repossessed said vehicle for you. We would be most happy to address your concerns.
Blue Ribbon Motors

Union, KY

#12 Jan 2, 2013
Hello again pissed,

I do not recall you addressing me about anything. Perhaps it was because you were not that impressive. So...the only opinions allowed on this forum are those which meet with your approval? You seem less than objective. Hmmm...

As for my mechanics "certification". We do not claim he is ASE certified verbally or official ASE logo material on our property or anywhere else. Perhaps it is you who is certifiable.

I am pleased you "know" a lot of people. I wonder...do those many people claim to know you?
haha

New Albany, IN

#13 Jan 2, 2013
Blue Ribbon Motors wrote:
Hello again pissed,

I do not recall you addressing me about anything. Perhaps it was because you were not that impressive. So...the only opinions allowed on this forum are those which meet with your approval? You seem less than objective. Hmmm...

As for my mechanics "certification". We do not claim he is ASE certified verbally or official ASE logo material on our property or anywhere else. Perhaps it is you who is certifiable.

I am pleased you "know" a lot of people. I wonder...do those many people claim to know you?
CLASSY
Hard in the paint

United States

#14 Jan 2, 2013
All the Blue Ribbon Motors haters, please allow me to fix you a big ol cock SAMMICH !!!
josh grimes

Harrodsburg, KY

#15 Jan 2, 2013
i was up in henderson for work a lil over a year ago and fell asleep while driving to get supplies for my company. i almost killed myself and totaled my car in the process. i have to have a vehicle for work so i started calling around to the local on the lot financing dealers. everyone of them but blue ribbon motors turned their noses at me because i was out of town ( to the tune of about 200 miles) except for Dan. he came to the hotel and picked me up and let me have run of the lot. i fell in love with this great buick riviera and still have it to this day. he worked with me on payments, taxes title and license, and when i noticed a leak in the radiator and brought it to his attention he even had it replaced for me, well below what even my family's mechanic would have charged, then he went above and beyond and paid half of the bill. when i got laid off from my job dan even adjusted the payments for me so that i could afford to keep my car. so for all the people slandering blue ribbon motors and their mechanic i have this to say: I joshua dale grimes would rather drive to henderson from my home in harrodsburg, ky to buy a vehicle from dan and blue ribbon motors than anyone else. hes an honest kind fair and a good person to deal with. and will go out of his way to help you.
and with as many car lots is up there if you dont like dealin with that you can always go somewhere else and ill guarentee you that you will wish you hadnt when you see how they really are.
@blue ribbon motors, thanks for everything :)
josh grimes
harrodsburg, ky
Johnson

United States

#16 Jan 4, 2013
Should be "Blue ripoff Motors"
Blue Ribbon Motors

Akron, OH

#17 Jan 4, 2013
Johnson wrote:
Should be "Blue ripoff Motors"
Hello Johnson,
Thank you for the completely unsubstantiated and meritless comment. The anonymity of the internet allows people like you the courage to post your useless drivel. Similar to the courage an alcoholic finds at the bottom of a bottle.
Blue Ribbon Motors

Akron, OH

#18 Jan 4, 2013
curious wrote:
Hello curious,
My response to Johnson works for you as well.
funny

Florence, KY

#19 Jan 4, 2013
love it Go Blue RIbbon MOtors no the customers not always right this from a bez owner myself
bgt

Hilliard, OH

#20 Jan 4, 2013
i have dealt with them over the past year--we have had our disagreements, it is impossible to please everybody especially in this town! shop your average buy here pay here lot--you'll find there are worse out there. Dan does work with people that are behind on payments and doesnt get in a big hurry to repo their cars...I have seen it several times. The mechanic "Chris" is a good guy, but like everyone else he is human...and we all make mistakes!!! He does his best to help any way he can, no matter what time of day. Even though we havnt talked in a while Chris would be there if I needed his help

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
small girl I Walmart was sort great swords on d... 1 min hmmmmm 2
News Henderson homeowners concerned for property val... 9 min Been There Done That 19
warm center (Jan '12) 10 min Names Please 171
dude's momma 27 min lil dude 1
News Nickel tax lawsuit ruling in Henderson 30 min searching 11
kim and her bald friend on backpage 42 min Andre 3
Why does the county support Cliff Williams body... 57 min George 4

Henderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Henderson Mortgages