First Prev
of 6
Next Last
privacy violation

Fredonia, KY

#1 Sep 19, 2012
I was talking to a friend of mine this morning and she told me that Methodist Hospital in Henderson gave her daughter's medical records to a stranger!! No release form-no I. D.!! Just handed them over without even asking their name!! This is wrong on so many levels! There are laws to protect people from this! Why are they not being inforced!? My friend is waiting on the hospital to conduct an investigation but I feel that everyone should be aware of the records department at Methodist Hospital in Henderson, Ky.!!!
oh really

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Sep 19, 2012
I think that's a lie
Truth

Frankfort, KY

#3 Sep 19, 2012
I Do believe this. It happens more than you would think. I worked in medical field and pple just dont care the way they should. Their is laws to help pretect us, however the pple that are doing the jobs dont take the time to do the jobs right. The law says they have to ask for ID and signature.Im sorry this has happened to someone else. Cant trust doctors, medical records dept, xray or the FDA to help you. BELIEVE ME. Trust the LORD
sunshine

Morganfield, KY

#4 Sep 19, 2012
I picked cd's with my X-ray images and I had to show my ID!!

“Sexy is as Sexy does”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5 Sep 19, 2012
I highly doubt this to be accurate!
it happened to me

Fredonia, KY

#6 Sep 19, 2012
Doubt and disbelieve all you want! It happened to me! They handed me my records without a release form or id! I even ask them if they needed to see my id and two women in med records said "no". I called and complained and they did not seem to care! I called the med records office and ask them to pull a copy of a release form with my name and they confirmed they did not have one yet I have their stamp on my records!!
it happened to me

Fredonia, KY

#7 Sep 19, 2012
For the record....not that it makes any difference but I do not live in Madisonville. I don't know how or why it says that. I live closer to Henderson. Methodist is the closest hospital to me. I now drive on to Evansville or go to Owensboro due to the way Methodist does things.

“Sexy is as Sexy does”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#8 Sep 19, 2012
it happened to me wrote:
Doubt and disbelieve all you want! It happened to me! They handed me my records without a release form or id! I even ask them if they needed to see my id and two women in med records said "no". I called and complained and they did not seem to care! I called the med records office and ask them to pull a copy of a release form with my name and they confirmed they did not have one yet I have their stamp on my records!!
Did you report this incident to someone higher up than just medical records, it needs to be known so that this will not happen again!!
records

Henderson, KY

#9 Sep 19, 2012
privacy violation wrote:
I was talking to a friend of mine this morning and she told me that Methodist Hospital in Henderson gave her daughter's medical records to a stranger!! No release form-no I. D.!! Just handed them over without even asking their name!! This is wrong on so many levels! There are laws to protect people from this! Why are they not being inforced!? My friend is waiting on the hospital to conduct an investigation but I feel that everyone should be aware of the records department at Methodist Hospital in Henderson, Ky.!!!
The only people that don't require the standard release form are DCBS workers. If your friend is under investigation, or her daughter's case is now in the hands of the social workers, the the records are court ordered to be released.
Anonymous

Bellevue, WA

#10 Sep 19, 2012
and i work at methodist and i knw the girls in medical records and i doubt u r telling the whole story because thy require id from me to get my medical records so you need to tell the whole story
it happened to me

Fredonia, KY

#11 Sep 19, 2012
SexxxxyBish75 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you report this incident to someone higher up than just medical records, it needs to be known so that this will not happen again!!
As a matter of fact, I did not report it to medical records at all! I actually reported it to David Parks! Those of you that are employed there know him as the compliance officer or hospital attorney!! I have no reason to make anything up!! I have my records with the hospital stamp that tells about the HIPAA laws! They did NOT have me sign a release OR show an I. D.!! Mr. Parks confirmed that I was telling the truth!! That kind of negligence is how identities are stolen!! It is illegal and just unethical!!
I just pray they get it together so that it doesn't happen to many others! Just on this thread there are at least two cases plus the person that works in the med field posted it happens all the time!
privacy violation

Fredonia, KY

#12 Sep 19, 2012
I suppose I need to write more clearly. When I said the hospital is investigating, I meant that they are investigating the incident! My friend is not being investigated! There has been a formal complaint filed against the hospital and the hospital is investigating the accusations! The child's records were not subpoenaed, social services are not involved since there was no reason for them to be nor were they even called. The child has health issues...hence the need for medical care. The person that the records were given to (again-no id-no release form-no signature) is not a covered entity under HIPAA. Therefore that hospital had no legal right to give them the child's records!!
be real!!!

Evansville, IN

#13 Sep 19, 2012
privacy violation wrote:
Yeah right. Hahahaha this is the dumbest one yet. And that's saying a lot

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#14 Sep 20, 2012
I dont know about the medical records part of methodist but I know they sent me home with internal bleeding with a ruptured atrey because I do not have insurance. needless to say my surgery is yet to be paid I will not pay them for almost killing me. Thank God for doctor holman though without him some other dumbass dr. would have let me die.
ppm

Evansville, IN

#15 Sep 20, 2012
kikiboo wrote:
I dont know about the medical records part of methodist but I know they sent me home with internal bleeding with a ruptured atrey because I do not have insurance. needless to say my surgery is yet to be paid I will not pay them for almost killing me. Thank God for doctor holman though without him some other dumbass dr. would have let me die.
What is a atrey?
Truth

Frankfort, KY

#16 Sep 20, 2012
it happened to me wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact, I did not report it to medical records at all! I actually reported it to David Parks! Those of you that are employed there know him as the compliance officer or hospital attorney!! I have no reason to make anything up!! I have my records with the hospital stamp that tells about the HIPAA laws! They did NOT have me sign a release OR show an I. D.!! Mr. Parks confirmed that I was telling the truth!! That kind of negligence is how identities are stolen!! It is illegal and just unethical!!
I just pray they get it together so that it doesn't happen to many others! Just on this thread there are at least two cases plus the person that works in the med field posted it happens all the time!
It seems you have done a lot to make the hospitals wrong a right. I thank you for giving us the info about yet another hospital that doesnt take the time to do their job right. I woked at UK Hospital for 7 yrs and believe me, it isnt always pretty. The staff is under paid and over worked. There is too many short cuts. I dont see any reason you would take the time or energy to make this up. Stand strong and dont allow someone to stop your voice from speaking the truth. I feel bad for you and your child. Shame on the hospital and the workers whom done this to you and your child. Hopefully Mr Parks will help you and Medical Records will learn the RIGHT ways to release PRIVATE records. God Bless......Keep Telling the truth. Remember the public told JESUS he wasnt speaking the truth and tried to silence him. Food for thought. People please stop judging....remember we have freedom of speech in the USA.
Truth

Frankfort, KY

#17 Sep 20, 2012
[QUOTE who="be real!!! "]<quoted text>
Yeah right. Hahahaha this is the dumbest one yet. And that's saying a lot [/QUOTE]How old are you 9? Were you there when she picked up her records? Or maybe your the one whom handed her records without ID or a signed form. Hmmmm,,,,,,,chew on that and stay out of grown up business. God dont like ugly. Play nice or dont reply. Have a good day.
Truth

Frankfort, KY

#18 Sep 20, 2012
ppm wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a atrey?
I am sure she meant artery. Simple type-o. God bless
be real!!!

Evansville, IN

#19 Sep 20, 2012
Truth wrote:
[QUOTE who="be real!!! "]<quoted text>
Yeah right. Hahahaha this is the dumbest one yet. And that's saying a lot "

How old are you 9? Were you there when she picked up her records? Or maybe your the one whom handed her records without ID or a signed form. Hmmmm,,,,,,,chew on that and stay out of grown up business. God dont like ugly. Play nice or dont reply. Have a good day.
God don't like ugly really now you speak for god. Nice and what should I chew on? With the way you speak I bet you are a back woods meth head.
Doctor

United States

#20 Sep 20, 2012
That hospital is nothing sh!t. They hire people that dont wanna work, yet when someone has all the qualifications and is passionate about working for them and they turn them down a million times theres a problem. Hope they tear that pos down and build something better and have fresh meat working there that know what there doing and wanna do it. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there a good psychic in Henderson 1 hr WhoKnows 8
Martissa Curry? 4 hr JCarter 2
Metzgers Tavern (Oct '11) 6 hr Patron 68
chris housholder 6 hr Chris 3
Henderson bloods 7 hr wannabes 11
chris and paula together again 7 hr drinkthathateraide 9
Taylor Nichols 8 hr lol 18
More from around the web

Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE