8 Oceanside volunteer firefighters suspended -

Full story: Newsday 242
Eight volunteer firefighters from the Oceanside fire department's Salamander Company were suspended Tuesday night pending administrative hearings for their alleged involvement in an alcohol-related incident at ... Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Fire Marshal Bill

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Oct 9, 2007
Let me tell ya somethin !!! Didn't we build these knuckleheads big and luxurious enough firehouses not to be doin this in the streets ?
Dumb 8ss Hunter

AOL

#4 Oct 9, 2007
Why are they not being arrested for this incident? These volleys are ridiculous, I'm a cop on LI and half these guys (not all) are dirtbags. You would be shocked if you knew how drunk some of them are when they answer calls!
yo mamma

New Canaan, CT

#7 Oct 9, 2007
boo hoo hoo
whats up newsday no cops or Nassau employees to pick on??
nick

Islandia, NY

#8 Oct 9, 2007
SOUNDS LIKE A COVER-UP IS BREWING. THE BOARD OF COMMISHS CHANGE THE BY LAWS TO KEEP A HUSH ON THE NAMES OF THE BAD BOYS,JUST PRIOR TO MAKING A DECISION TO SUSPEND THEM.MMMMMMM NEXT THEY WILL HIDE THE NAMES OF THE COMMISIONERS WHO GET GIFTS AND KICK BACKS FROM AMERICAN LE FRANCE....OOOOOPS
amigos

AOL

#10 Oct 9, 2007
i was in glen cove and was assulted by a firefighter that was drunking on a truck at the parade. The do nothing to them. Our tax money pays for this what a shame. There should be no alchol aloud inside or at a fire house on long island!!!
micky

Bronx, NY

#12 Oct 9, 2007
Change the by-laws? So they can become some sort of secret society? Because they got caught drinking and goofing off?........Your kiddin me,Please tell me your kiddin.
Toh Res

AOL

#13 Oct 9, 2007
yo mamma wrote:
boo hoo hoo
whats up newsday no cops or Nassau employees to pick on??
You are such a moran.
MADISON

AOL

#15 Oct 9, 2007
BY LAWS, OK, THEN SOMEONE KNOWS ONE OF THESE IDIOTS, ONCE THEY ANNOUNCE ONE NAME, BEFORE YOU KNOW IT THEY WILL ALL BE NAMED, AS FOR NEWSDAY AND EDEN LEDEN I GUESS THEY CANT PICK ON ANY OF THESE IDIOTS, ONLY TOWN OF HEMSPTEAD WORKERS.
Toh Res

AOL

#16 Oct 9, 2007
MADISON wrote:
YO MAMMA , YOU ARE RIGHT. EDEN HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO. NO TOWN REPPUBLICAN WORKERS. LETS SEE NEXT MONTH
I do not agree....I can't wait to see what Eden has in store for the LI readership. These are good but teaser stories. Eden is doing the job she was hired to do and is assigned these stories.

There is something you aren't saying about why you seem to have a grudge against a reporter who is doing her job.

If I were one of the editors of Newsday, with what I know to be true, there would be full page stories every day on crime & corruption, until those in authority put the public's safety and interests first.
Toh Res

AOL

#17 Oct 9, 2007
MADISON wrote:
BY LAWS, OK, THEN SOMEONE KNOWS ONE OF THESE IDIOTS, ONCE THEY ANNOUNCE ONE NAME, BEFORE YOU KNOW IT THEY WILL ALL BE NAMED, AS FOR NEWSDAY AND EDEN LEDEN I GUESS THEY CANT PICK ON ANY OF THESE IDIOTS, ONLY TOWN OF HEMSPTEAD WORKERS.
Could you be a little more obvious!!! LOL
BFD

AOL

#18 Oct 9, 2007
Dumb 8ss Hunter wrote:
Why are they not being arrested for this incident? These volleys are ridiculous, I'm a cop on LI and half these guys (not all) are dirtbags. You would be shocked if you knew how drunk some of them are when they answer calls!
yea u call the volleys dirtbags but i bet when ever you work a night shift you call them ur best friends when u spend 2-5 hours a night sleeping in there fire house when u guys should be out protecting the neighborhood u get paid over a 100k a year to protect
VOR

Mount Sinai, NY

#19 Oct 9, 2007
The problem is that communities bend over backwards for VFDs because they don't ge tpaid, and then in turn, they have become like fraternities with club houses.
Nexus

Mohegan Lake, NY

#20 Oct 9, 2007
Any public entity which is funded by tax dollars should be completely transparent and a matter of public record. We, the tax payer, have a right to know how and for what reasons those dollars are being spent. It's time to end the volunteer system.
Toh Res

AOL

#21 Oct 10, 2007
Nexus wrote:
Any public entity which is funded by tax dollars should be completely transparent and a matter of public record. We, the tax payer, have a right to know how and for what reasons those dollars are being spent. It's time to end the volunteer system.
Well put. So, the question is how can we the taxpayers exert control over governments impromtu changes to their bylaws? It would appear these changes to their bylaws were self serving and designed to keep the public uninformed about the conduct of public officials who may or may not be held accountable.
100Bottlesof Beer

Westbury, NY

#22 Oct 10, 2007
Amending the bylaws so we dont know the truth. How convenient of the Oceanside Fire Department to keep everything in house. When they come to the house to collect money, they can go to hell.
Beacon

AOL

#23 Oct 10, 2007
MADISON wrote:
You sound just like one of the women who works behind the counter at the Town of Hempstead's building dept?
Cover Up in Oside FD

New York, NY

#24 Oct 10, 2007
"Minutes before the suspensions were announced, the Board of Fire Commissioners amended its bylaws to keep private all future disciplinary hearings -- including those of the eight men."

Hush Hush Shhhhhhhh, we can't reveal the names of the precious drunken idiots who broke the law.

What a joke!
Ken The Non-Athlete

Raleigh, NC

#25 Oct 10, 2007
Toh Res wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a moran.
Doesn't sound Irish.
Party

Bellerose, NY

#26 Oct 10, 2007
Sounded like a great time. Wish I could have made it.
red white and blue

AOL

#27 Oct 10, 2007
Suspend them...why? They are a disgrace to the community and other firefighters! After the hearing they should be terminated it should be a no brainer. What if the truck hit someone at the party...or if there was a call and they responded...it was stupid and immature on how they represent the department.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hempstead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 41 min henu 6,432
Lynbrook PD: Prostitution Arrests at Capri, Ide... (Feb '13) 4 hr Charming 7
Who would really wear a little 81 gay sex patch... (Feb '10) 8 hr 81 supporter worl... 22
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 10 hr Bruser 2,289
Arrests in North Hempstead building department ... (Oct '07) Tue Smoothasatrainwreck 564
Great Neck Estates development proposal hearing... Tue wishstar 1
Review: Silk Hair Salon Mon Margie B 1
•••

Hempstead News Video

•••
Hempstead Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hempstead Jobs

•••
•••