Gun found in furnace helps DA win murder conviction -

Full story: Newsday

A 23-year-old Hempstead man was convicted Friday in the 2005 murder of an El Salvadoran immigrant killed in a robbery on Hendrickson Street.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
they seem to luv prison

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

Benitez, 24, an El Salvodoran immigrant and construction worker who lived in Hempstead, was shot once in the chest as he walked home from a deli after buying beer, St. Bernard said
This is sad....another alcohol involved tragedy.
John White faces 25 years to life in prison and is scheduled to be sentenced on Oct. 11 by Judge Jeffrey Brown. As the verdict was read, his mother Cynthia Whitfield burst into tears.

"I know my son's innocent," said Whitfield, 41, of Hempstead.
Cynthia Whitfield is so confident her convicted son John White is innocent that she changed her last name.
cassi

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

they seem to luv prison wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Cynthia Whitfield is so confident her convicted son John White is innocent that she changed her last name.
cynthia did NOT change her last name. She has used her maiden name always as she was never married to John White's father.
Still, this is a tragic story.
Timmy

Amityville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2008

She was 18 when she had him, she never married the father. Was the father ever around? Or was this the all too familiar epidemic of absent fathers whose kids end up the victims and end up dead, crack-heads or in jail?
cynthia whitfield

Ridgewood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2008

I am more than confident that my son is INNOCENT, MY mother's last name is WHITE so that's the reason my name was White after i looked at my birth certificate it said cynthia maria whitfield not white my last name was changed 09-16-05.

for those whom think you know what you are saying is true you come visit me for a full interview because my son is not a murderer. get the real full facts before you say anything about my SON JOHN WHITE WHOM IS INNOCENT they never mentioned the victim's cocaine usage huh you people know nothing get the real story live in person. this is the proper way to say it. this is sad... another COCAINE and ALCOHOL involved tragedy , INNOCENT MAN IN JAIL THANKS TO A LYEING SO CALLED FRIEND WHO TOOK A PLEA for 7yrs. for attempted murder against SHAUNTE BLANKTON AND JOSE BENITEZ they have the SHOOTER AND FRAMED MY SON , they keep POSTPONING JOHN WHITE,S sentencing because i heard the juror tell the court officer KATE they hav a CONVICTION.
cynthia whitfield

Ridgewood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2008

why do you people always feel the police is right go visit JOHN WHITE AT NASSAU COUNTY JAIL IN EASTMEADOW N.Y.
cynthia

Ridgewood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
you dumb a** my birth certificate says WHITFIELD a.H. JOHN IS INNOCENT KEITH LIED TO GET A DEAL OF 7YRS. TO LIE ON MY SON . THEY DON'T EVEN CONSIDER THAT I HEARD JUROR #12 TELL OFFICER kATe THEY HAVE A CONVICTION!
cynthia

Ridgewood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

what's the matter cat got your tongue's you people always speak about things you have no IDEA what they have done to JOHN H. WHITE of HEMPSTEAD look at the evidence every thing points to keith james not JOHN WHITE. EVENTHOUGH JOHN is to be sentenced the 8th of this month, I PRAY THAT JUDGE BROWN KNOWS THIS IS A HUGE MISTAKE And i will pursure to file a lawsuit against the judge the county keith james even dt. re.
cynthia

Ridgewood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

why all of a sudden keith wants to change his confession he cries to sleep everynight because he lied on his best friend and knows that he will pay for lying on john i feel so empty with out my baby home his baby brother misses him dearly i want the entire would to know that JOHN WHITE IS INNOCENT. how keith be promised one thing and get something else
cynthia whitfield

Ridgewood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

what's the matter dogs got your ass my son is more INNOCENT KEITH IS A LYING DOG HE IS A GANGMEMBER and know's now that they tricked him into lying on his best friend john white goes to court APRIL 4,2008. MINEOLA AND I cynthia m whitfield will be there for MY INNOCENT SON
cynthia whitfield

Ridgewood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF NASSAU COUNTY USEING MY SON AS A SCAPE GOAT FOR A CRIME THEY KNOW JOHN WHITE DID'T COMMITT THESE POLICE AND DETECTIVE RAE ARE SOME DIRTY GRIMMY STINKIN A** COPS. DO ANYONE OUT THERE REMEMBER JAN.2001 WHEN A MAN GOT HIT ON PENINSULA BLVD. IN HEMPSTEAD BY ONE CAR AND RAN OVER BY ANOTHER WELL THAT WAS JOHN WHITE OF HEMPSTEAD THEY PUSHED HIM INTO ON COMING TRAFFIC THEY TRIED TO KILL MY SON detective rae is a son of a bastard and just one of many DIRTY POLICE OFFICERS ON NASSAU COUNTY LAW FORCES.
APACHE2012

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

RECENTLY THE D.A. HAS ignored my son and his appeal....kathleen rice and the people responsible for framing , my son john they will pay with much respect,due to me , my family and mainly Mr.JOHN White...as he sit and waits for these clowns to make a decision, the CO's Upstate have caused bodily harm to john white...Sophia chang contact me Asap please...there are things the press should know...
APACHE2012

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

John white of Hempstead NY..Is A Innocent man doing 25yrs to Life for a murder his best friend committed!!!the CO's upstate has taken it upon thereselfes to keep john in shu until 2015 and they also put inmates in his cell to make him fight...wow i wonder why ALBANY has not Investigated all that i've written to them? Its plain and simple They Don't care!
APACHE2012

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
MY BIRTh name is whitfield you ppl are stupid!!
Headline Maker

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

This is for you, Cynthia Whitfield, a loving mother trying to help and nurture her son. Your letters to Albany go unread, so send them to Newsday instead. An editor there might think it's worth a story in the newspaper. Put your son's story in headlines.

Meanwhile, you must pray every day. If you are still living in Hempstead, I go to the New Apostolic Church on Front Street in Uniondale, corner of California Avenue which leads to Hofstra University. Service starts at 10:30 a.m. Sundays and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. You can receive Holy Communion. Nice refreshments after service. Wonderful friendly folks go there. Ask for Joe on Sundays. God bless you.
JOHNATHAN WHITE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

U BUMBS LIED ON MY BROTHER JOHN WHITE

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

JOHNATHAN WHITE wrote:
U BUMBS LIED ON MY BROTHER JOHN WHITE
Go back to school and stay in school.......

Maybe you will actually learn something...

you pinheads always say the police and district attorneys are the enemies.....

get off the street corner pull up your pants and stop being in the streets.....

if your brother or whatever he is did the right thing you would still have him around.....

don't follow in his foot steps...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

you peeps neva lern....

you pinheads are a drain on us taxpayers.......

you are a repeating cycle of failure!

you don't like the truth cauzz da truf hurts......

make some changes!

werd to your dadeee if you know who he izzz.
innocent

Devon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Boo hoo cynthia i know ur son was gonna go to college. I know he loved u too. Boo hoo HES A MURDERER!!! HE BELONGS IN JAIL FOR LIFE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Rip Current Statement for Nassau County was issued at July 13 at 4:03AM EDT

•••
•••

Hempstead News Video

•••
•••

Hempstead Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••