Morning Sky School

Hemet, CA

#78 Mar 7, 2013
Wasn't that school some sort of hippie type school in the late 1960's and 1970's.? possibly started by a race car driver if i remember correctly?

used to be lots of long haired kids there who had problems with their parents or vice versa. Just trying to remember if that was the same place. pot, outdoor music jams, bell bottoms, etc... think i was there for something one afternoon in early 70's doing a job.
ATTENTION

United States

#79 Mar 7, 2013
:-) tht is the same place although im not too familiar with how it was back then but it did serve the same purpose though atleast throughout the ninties it was a placement home for troubled youth n some tht had mental disabilities it was a wonderful place to b when i was there we had great staff n what not i have many earlier dreams of tht place some good n some bad but either way i was hoping someone would know when n how n why they closed down it seemed like ah place tht was too big to close u know
Morning Sky School wrote:
Wasn't that school some sort of hippie type school in the late 1960's and 1970's.? possibly started by a race car driver if i remember correctly?
used to be lots of long haired kids there who had problems with their parents or vice versa. Just trying to remember if that was the same place. pot, outdoor music jams, bell bottoms, etc... think i was there for something one afternoon in early 70's doing a job.
Wow

Hemet, CA

#80 Mar 7, 2013
any shock wrote:
this is what people with money do.. they make more money off the suffering of others
Are you serious those people with the money you're talking about is the city of Hemet Trying to bring trash to our town No more section 8
Etgohome

United States

#81 Mar 8, 2013
No wander hemet is looking like watts, I see blacks everywhere
Hemet is the Winner

Hemet, CA

#82 Mar 13, 2013
Section 8 availible # of properties(03/13/2013)
http://www.gosection8.com/Tenant
Hemet 233
San Jacinto 54
Menifee 15
Murrieta 13
Temecula 1
Moreno Valley 201
Perris 72
Corona 21
Crenshaw 111
Compton 78
Looks like Hemet is successful at something! I wonder if the number of law enforcement in Hemet is proportionate to that of Compton?
solution

Hemet, CA

#83 Mar 14, 2013
Scary stuff! Even my community has one sec 8 available! Please move elsewhere...there is a high concentration of lead in this area...you have been warned.
Pretty_Poison

Los Angeles, CA

#84 Mar 17, 2013
IF Hemet has bought up houses ... they NEED to sell them so they can afford to pay their Police and Fire Dept.

Section 8 has gotten so out of hand. The County of Riverside needs to just stop handing them out ...
Hemet is the Winner

Hemet, CA

#85 Mar 17, 2013
From my understanding it is not entirely up to the County of Riverside. If LA County approves a family for section 8, that said family can theoretically move to an area that accepts section 8 regardless of the "approving county". Therefore it is more a supply issues as Hemet has a surplus of Section 8 houses. So although there may not be a "billboard" advertising low income housing in Hemet to the community of LA, section 8 is doing a fabulous job marketing Hemet and encouraging people who may not otherwise move here, do so. It seems reasonable to limit the number of available “section 8” houses (although I am not a real estate atty or a rocket scientist), but it only makes sense that the re-distribution of low SES individuals of disproportional numbers is increasing in Hemet as our supply of not only low housing, but section 8 approved housing is one of the highest in Southern California. Perhaps Hemet Council may want to entertain the idea of limiting availible section 8 housing (if possible/RE law permits).
brb

Highland, CA

#86 Mar 17, 2013
only way to stop section 8 is to raise property values by adding employment opportunities to the area... as far as hemet buying section 8 housing goes its better than some random rich investor pocketing the money.. at least this way the money is going to police/fire and city services opposed to just buying a rich guy a house... raise property value and section 8er's will flee.
A HOLE INVESTORS

Silver Spring, MD

#87 Mar 19, 2013
brb wrote:
only way to stop section 8 is to raise property values by adding employment opportunities to the area... as far as hemet buying section 8 housing goes its better than some random rich investor pocketing the money.. at least this way the money is going to police/fire and city services opposed to just buying a rich guy a house... raise property value and section 8er's will flee.
YEA, THE PROBLEM IS THAT THESE A-HOLE INVESTORS WHO DON'T LIVE IN HEMET "PREFER" SEC. 8 - THEY DON'T CARE WHO RENTS THE HOUSES AS LONG AS THEY GET THE MONEY!! AND SINCE THEY DON'T LIVE IN HEMET THEY COULD CARE LESS IF IT BECOMES GHETTO. THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE. STOP LETTING THESE A-HOLES KEEP RENTING TO SEC. 8 - AND MAKE THEM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PEOPLE THEY RENT TO (DRUGS, THEFT, PROSTITUTION, CHILD MOLESTERS,ETC. ETC.) MAKE THEM DO BACK GROUND CHECKS ON THESE PEOPLE AND DON'T let them rent TO CRIMINALS.(Otherwise they need to pay fines!)
Nuance

United States

#88 Apr 25, 2013
dave wrote:
Oh, and your wife is really fat and buys the material to make her big ass pants at Joanns. She has a grease stain on her shirt pocket because that is where she kept a harsh brown while playing bingo. Your kid has a lazy eye.
LOL!!!
Nuance

United States

#89 Apr 25, 2013
dave wrote:
Oh and more proof that I know you? You once posted that you had to take a dump really bad but you were driving so you pulled over near the Scientology place and squatted behind your car. You thought no one would see you because it was dark but the Scientologist have night vision cameras. That morning the police and some guy from the compound cane to your house with your turd in a box threatening to sure and you literally crapped your pants right there. They thought you has some bowel control problem and felt sorry for you so dropped the charges. Don't post your personal stuff online, leafblower.
LOL
Catalina

Menifee, CA

#90 Apr 26, 2013
californiagirl wrote:
Good for the City of Hemet!! We need section 8 housing to help the low income working poor. Every Wal Mart, K Mart, department store, drive through restaurant, nurses aides, etc. that are earning minimum wage qualify for Section 8 housing. We don't have that many jobs in the Valley that pay a decent wage. Everyone deserves clean, safe, affordable housing. I am so sick of hearing about those who might move here who are low income or uneducated. If they were higher income or highly educated they would be moving to a more affluent area. This has always been a low income town. Why do you think the seniors started moving here to begin with and bought their little metal box homes. It was cheap living.
The City of Hemet has NOT always been a low income town. It used to be a fairly nice retirement town. A lot of Snowbirds came here from all over the US. Not anymore - it is turning into a ghetto. Section 8 attracts criminals. I can't imagine anybody who worked hard all their lives and paying for a decent home being pleased that a section 8 home was in their neighborhood. It Is never a positive thing.
MILLIE

San Diego, CA

#91 Jul 17, 2013
kat wrote:
<quoted text>People on section 8 don't work...they lay around all day and cash their government check as soon as it arrives. Then they load up on beer, smokes and drugs. Section 8 drives neighborhoods down. People on section 8 are worthless government leeches.
fIRST, PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THE U.S, ILLEGALLY DO NOT QUALIFY FOR SECTION 8, FOOD STAMPS, WELFARE CASH AID, ETC... SECONDLY, A PERSON'S INCOME OR A LACK OF IT QUALIFY THEM FOR SOCIAL PROGRAMS SUCH AS SECTION 8. THIRDLY, PEOPLE OF COLOR ARE NOT THE ONLY PEOPLE ON SECTION 8, AND BY THE WAY PEOPLE ON SECTION 8 ARE NOT CRIMINALS BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT BE ON THE PROGRAM IF THEY WERE. BEFORE A PERSON IS GIVEN A SECTION 8 VOUCHER AN EXTENSIVE BACK GROUND CHECK IS DONE AND IF ALL PERSONS THAT ARE ATTEMPTING TO BECOME A PART OF THE SECTION 8 HOUSE MUST PAST THE BACKGROUND CHECK. ANYBODY THAT HAVE EVER GONE TO COLLEGE AND RECEIVED FINANCIAL AID HAVE RECEIVED WELFARE. FINANCIAL AID IS WELFARE, SECTION8 IS WELFARE, FOOD STAMPS IS WELFARE, CASH AID FROM WELFARE IS WELFARE. STOP RACIAL PROFILING PEOPLE, PEOPLE HAVE GOTTEN HURT AND KILLED BECAUSE OF COMMENTS LIKE YOURS. I AM ON SECTION 8, I HAVE NEVER DRANK, DONE DRUGS OF ANY KIND EVER, I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN A MOVING VIOLATION. I AM 56 YEARS OLD AND HAVE GOTTEN TWO PARKING TICKETS IN MY WHOLE LIFE, AND I WORKED UNTIL I BECAME DISABLED. AND I HAVE RCEIVED FINANCIAL AID TO HELP ME GET THROUGH COLLEGE IN THE PAST. I AM AFRAID TO HEAR YOUR IDEALS ABOUT DISABLD PERSONS. HAVE YOU HUNG OUT WITH PEOPLE ON SECTION 8 AND HAD AN EXPERIENCE BUYING BEER AND GETTING INTOXICATEC WITH SOMEONE ON SECTION 8, HOW DID YOU REACH SUCH DEVASTING CONCLUSIONS. DO YOU NOT SEE ALL THESE RICH PEOPLE IN THE MEDIA THAT HAVE GONE TO DRUG REHAB, THE RICH PEOPLE THAT HAVE DIED FROM DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE, IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW ALCOHOL IS A DRUG, DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IT ACCEPTS YOUNG, OLD POOR AND RICH. I SUGGEST YOU GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LOOK FOR A CLASS THAT ADDRESS TOLLERACE FOR YOURSELF AND OTHERS. I. REALLY PRAY AND HOPE THT YOU OVERCOME THIS ATTITUDE BECAUSE YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON MEETING BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
GoodHemetNotGhet to

Hemet, CA

#92 Jul 17, 2013
MILLIE wrote:
<quoted text> fIRST, PEOPLE WHO ARE [yadda yadda yadda]
1. Contrary to the misinformation you just spewed, illegal aliens most certainly DO receive welfare, food stamps [now called SNAP]etc. but, with a proverbial "wink wink", the government claims it's "only for their children". Right: as if the illegal alien mother receiving hundreds of dollars in food stamp money don't also eat the food they buy "for the children". And illegal aliens typicalu have multiple babies in taxpayer-supported public hospitals -- but don't pay a cent for services received.

2. Why would ANYONE want Section 8 in their community? Is there anyone who actually enjoys seeing their community become a ghetto?

3. Your computer's keyboard has a "caps lock" button. I am ORDERING you to press it one time!
forgotten

Hemet, CA

#93 Jul 17, 2013
Section 8 pays the same amount to recipients in CA, no matter thier location. Obviously, less money spent on housing means more FREE taxpayer dollars left over at the end of the month for alcohol, drugs, hookers, whatever. The solution would be to create some kind of sliding scale based upon local housing costs. But that would lead to several more "government oversight organizations/departments ", right?

Can you all now see why this system is killing honest taxpayers?

A possible solution would be mandatory drug testing for ALL section 8 recipients...thereby creating ANOTHER "government organization" to handle this nightmare.

I do not have the answer...maybe someone out there does?

My only suggestion is that "personal resposibility" needs to be mandated...and FORCED in some cases.

With yet another "government agency"?

Yeah, it is really that bad. Sorry. Options are few, thanks to the many who feel that they are "owed" something.
Out of towner

Marina Del Rey, CA

#94 Aug 14, 2013
Well i moved here to be able to afford a house, town is small, in the middle of nowhere, but not too bad, i don't mind the elderly, or ex-military, or the minimum wage people at all, we all do what we can, but what i really don't like is the amount of sex offenders per square mile in town, all the drug addicts, hookers and delinquents, it seems like we have a lot of these people who don't care about themselves or anyone else around them, and the police force is not strong enough, or willing to do something about it.
baby boomer

Hemet, CA

#95 Aug 14, 2013
Out of towner wrote:
Well i moved here to be able to afford a house, town is small, in the middle of nowhere, but not too bad, i don't mind the elderly, or ex-military, or the minimum wage people at all, we all do what we can, but what i really don't like is the amount of sex offenders per square mile in town, all the drug addicts, hookers and delinquents, it seems like we have a lot of these people who don't care about themselves or anyone else around them, and the police force is not strong enough, or willing to do something about it.
Welcome to Hemet.
anonymous

Cathedral City, CA

#96 Oct 8, 2013
kat wrote:
<quoted text>People on section 8 don't work...they lay around all day and cash their government check as soon as it arrives. Then they load up on beer, smokes and drugs. Section 8 drives neighborhoods down. People on section 8 are worthless government leeches.
That is a very closeminded and ignorant assumption. People on section 8 do work. Hence the fact they are only making minimun wage, how would they afford their housing without the aid of the government? Not everyone who is on section 8 are addicts that you would like to mislead everyone to believe. It's rediculous statements such as yours that make it easy for the rich to keep the rich richer, and the poor poorer. If i might be so quaint as to say, people like you drive the economy down.
lARRY mILLER

San Jacinto, CA

#97 Aug 7, 2014
Hemet committed suicide when it encouraged its politicians to allow low life businesses such as Wal Mart to drive out the Gottschalk's and other high end businesses from what used to be a high end city. Get used to it. Hemet deserves what it gets. The other day for the first time in my life I witnessed a Hemet policeman pointing a gun at someone outside a store on Florida Avenue. This was a first for me and an accurate predictor of things to come. Hemet's politicians are not politicians. They are neophytes who never learned their three R's and the rest of us are now paying the price with increased welfare, increased #'s of Section 8'ers, panhandlers, dirty streets, dirty infrastructure, dirty everything. Hemet has no fix for anything except to outsource everything good and demand higher taxes for the insanity of their decisions over the past few years. Unless the good citizens band together and run these weasels out of town on a rail and elect people who know what the f---they are doing in we are in for the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bums on bikes 2 hr kmnine 5
Residents Of Hemet, San Jacinto Still Cleaning ... 12 hr Donna knight 1
corruption with Riverside county CPS 19 hr Chris 3
Hemet - The worst city to live in california 23 hr Chris 10
Review: Hemet Family Dentist,Dr Vimal Patel,DDS Dec 15 Michael2327 1
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 15 lupita garcia 8
One dead, one wounded after incident in Hemet p... (Dec '08) Dec 15 Chris 49

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match