Stater Bros. Parking Lot in Valle Vista

Stater Bros. Parking Lot in Valle Vista

Posted in the Hemet Forum

Elderly Beware

Santa Ana, CA

#1 Apr 4, 2011
Please warn any elderly family or friends that you have about the following:
There is a parolee that pan handles in the parking lot of this Stater Bros that is now pulling a scam on elderly women. He gets behind their car when they are backing out and hits it with his cane and claims that they hit him. This happened to my ex-mother in law about a week ago. When she wanted to call the police he back tracked and just tried to get her information. This sunday I was shopping there and came out to put my groceries in the car and saw that the car next to me had an elderly woman in it and he was kneeling down in her door talking to her. She was asking him where his car was and that she would drive him to his car or to the hospital. I intervened and told the guy I was going to call the police. Once I did that he said "I am just giving her my number so she can check on me" I freaked out on him and made him leave and then went and talked the store manager. When I got home I called my ex mother in law and asked her what the guy that did this to her looked like and she described the man that I had dealt with in the parking lot. She told me that he said his name was Raymond Martinez. I then called the sheriff's department and a deputy called me back. I told him the whole story of both incidents and he said he knew exactly who I was talking about and said that the man lives around the corner from the Stater Bros and is on parole. He is mexican with a bald head and tattoos on his neck, he has a thick mustache, stands about 5'10" tall. He was wearing a tshirt, blue jeans and a navy zip up hooded jacket. This man is a predator and is preying on elderly women. If ANYONE claims that they have been hit PLEASE call 911 immediately! If you are alone please ask the box persons to help you out and make sure you leave safely.
Elderly Beware

Santa Ana, CA

#2 Apr 4, 2011
This man looks like he is in his mid to late forties and walks with a black cane. If anything similar has happened to you or anyone you know please call the Sheriff's Department and lets get this guy off the street!
DancinDonut

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Apr 5, 2011
I wonder why Stater Bros or the other stores there do not call the police themselves and have this guy removed?

I know I have gone on "bitch attack" at the panhandlers on the west side that frequent the Von's parking area.

Elderly you need to write the Press Enterprise ...and see if they can help out in anyway. Some one is going to get hurt.
Elderly Beware

Santa Ana, CA

#4 Apr 5, 2011
I did go to the press enterprise and they said they have to call the sheriff....blah...blah...blah. I also called the General Manager of that Stater Bros. his name was David and told him the story. He asked me what the "jist" of my phone call was?!!? I told him the jist of my phone call was that he had a predator in his parking lot preying on the elderly! That is when I called the Sheriff Dept because I did not feel that Staters even cared or was taking this seriously. The Deputy was VERY nice and seemed very concerned and knew exactly who I was speaking of. I just want to get the word out anyway I can so no one else has to go through this like these ladies did. Luckily they got out unharmed but what if it continues?
SMALL FISH

Rowland Heights, CA

#5 Apr 5, 2011
THE PRESS ENTERPRISE DOESENT CARE .....THE STORE MANAGER NEEDS HIS A$$ KICKED .... WE ALL NEED TO CALL HIM AND COMPLAIN .... I DID THIS AT ANOTHER STORE WHEN THOSE JERK-OFFS THAT WANT YOU TO SIGN THERE B.S. WHERE IN FRONT OF THE STORE BUGGING THE CUSTOMERS .... I CALLED THAT STORE MANAGER AND TOLD HIM WE WILL SHOP AT VONS OR WAL-MART .... HE TOOK CARE OF THE PROBLEM RIGHT NOW .......THX
DancinDonut

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Apr 5, 2011
Elderly, I am very concerned and disturbed by this happening on the west side.

Remember not to long ago they had that area shut down, and the bomb squad was there, cause there was a shooting.

I wonder if you can find out who owns that strip store area?

I just can not believe those stores in there are not doing anything about it ... I swear this valley has gone to hell.
liveinhemet

AOL

#7 Apr 5, 2011
Elderly Beware wrote:
Please warn any elderly family or friends that you have about the following:
There is a parolee that pan handles in the parking lot of this Stater Bros that is now pulling a scam on elderly women. He gets behind their car when they are backing out and hits it with his cane and claims that they hit him. This happened to my ex-mother in law about a week ago. When she wanted to call the police he back tracked and just tried to get her information. This sunday I was shopping there and came out to put my groceries in the car and saw that the car next to me had an elderly woman in it and he was kneeling down in her door talking to her. She was asking him where his car was and that she would drive him to his car or to the hospital. I intervened and told the guy I was going to call the police. Once I did that he said "I am just giving her my number so she can check on me" I freaked out on him and made him leave and then went and talked the store manager. When I got home I called my ex mother in law and asked her what the guy that did this to her looked like and she described the man that I had dealt with in the parking lot. She told me that he said his name was Raymond Martinez. I then called the sheriff's department and a deputy called me back. I told him the whole story of both incidents and he said he knew exactly who I was talking about and said that the man lives around the corner from the Stater Bros and is on parole. He is mexican with a bald head and tattoos on his neck, he has a thick mustache, stands about 5'10" tall. He was wearing a tshirt, blue jeans and a navy zip up hooded jacket. This man is a predator and is preying on elderly women. If ANYONE claims that they have been hit PLEASE call 911 immediately! If you are alone please ask the box persons to help you out and make sure you leave safely.
My husband and I shop at that Staters. I have told him to keep an eye out when he is there, And if he sees him just stand there and stare at him until he leaves.
SMALL FISH

Rowland Heights, CA

#8 Apr 6, 2011
RUN HIM OVER AND JUST KEEP GOING ..... WHO'S GONNA MISS HIM ??????
DancinDonut

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Apr 6, 2011
I was so appalled about this , was telling friends about this last night. THEY actually were laughing at me. They said this scam has been going on for YEARS in the parking lot where Staters is.

No wonder the Manager of Stater Bros doesn't do anything about it. They feel it is harmless.
Elderly Beware

Santa Ana, CA

#10 Apr 8, 2011
Dancin...I am sorry your friends were laughing at you and I am sorry that people in our community have become so desensitized to what is happening around us. This is no laughing matter. I observed this guy talking to the 70 year old lady for about 5 minutes before I intervened. I have no doubt that I had I not stepped in he would have gotten into her car and took her somwhere and robbed her. Please keep getting the word out. Even if they laugh maybe if they see it happening your words will make alarms go off in their head.
Fyi

United States

#11 May 29, 2011
I think it was right of you to intervene there has been too many cases of abuse towards the elderly.(did everyone forget the guy who broke into old ladies apartments and rape them??)
As for the staters in Valle vista (the one on new chicago and florida) the managers name is not David he was probably just the guy in charge at the time when you called, the managers name is Jimmy.
deport homeless

Bellflower, CA

#12 May 30, 2011
get the loser homeless out of hemet people.
BIG FISH

United States

#13 Feb 16, 2012
SMALL FISH wrote:
THE PRESS ENTERPRISE DOESENT CARE .....THE STORE MANAGER NEEDS HIS A$$ KICKED .... WE ALL NEED TO CALL HIM AND COMPLAIN .... I DID THIS AT ANOTHER STORE WHEN THOSE JERK-OFFS THAT WANT YOU TO SIGN THERE B.S. WHERE IN FRONT OF THE STORE BUGGING THE CUSTOMERS .... I CALLED THAT STORE MANAGER AND TOLD HIM WE WILL SHOP AT VONS OR WAL-MART .... HE TOOK CARE OF THE PROBLEM RIGHT NOW .......THX
What a dumb ass! we are talking about a man preying on elderly women and you come in talking about beating up tha manager and petitoners, who have the 1st amendment right to gather signatures at public stores, you need to get a life.
hi

Hemet, CA

#14 Feb 16, 2012
Did the deputy say what this man was on parole for?
Kate

Marina Del Rey, CA

#15 Jun 1, 2014
It is time we all stood up to these people. Our loves are ruled by people who are too lazy to work and want to take what we hard working people have.

GET OUR CITY BACK or we will all have to move out
Kate

Marina Del Rey, CA

#16 Jun 1, 2014
That should be lives not love - typo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hemet - The worst city to live in california (Dec '14) 4 min Rob 51
Domenigoni Blood Alley (Jan '11) 9 hr Leah 36
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) Mar 21 David f Miller 347
Harrassment and Stalking (Aug '12) Mar 20 wade 24
News Temecula4 people arrested in connection with ro... (Aug '16) Mar 20 wade 4
The Bubble (Jul '10) Mar 19 Zack 5
WHY is there prison watch tower at the Hemet Va... Mar 14 Regolith Based Li... 1

Hemet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages