City Manager Brian Nakamura:
Left Hemet

Temecula, CA

#22 Jun 28, 2011
john davis wrote:
Well, after watching tonight's charade of a City Council meeting I am even more amazed at the willingness of elected officials and City staff to lie to the public's face.
The decision to hire Mr. Hall is ludicrous. Mr. Hall will cost the City money that is going to produce absolutely nothing that any experienced City Manager should be able to tell you off the top of their head.
I'm sorry, but Mr. Nakamura appears to be essentially clueless as a City Manager. Quite frankly, his ability to think and reason is suspect, but his willingness to defend his obviously erroneous concepts by lying is astounding.
The poor beleaguered citizen, apparently a city employee that questioned the math involved in hiring Mr. Hall was lied to repeatedly in a desperate attempt to bolster the bad set of assumptions and lies spewed forth by the City Manager and his ilk.
The assistant to the City Manager put on an equally disgusting performance, literally lying and contradicting every sentence from his mouth in sequence relative to a web operation. Nothing he said was true in the world of computers and web operations.
Another citizen, questioning several acts on the agenda, was equally dismissed rudely and with much gusto, and again, all lies.
I'll be requesting the tapes from the meeting so that these lies can be dissected for possible prosecution, and if nothing else, ethics charges to be brought against these speakers.
More to come.
Sounds like the City of Bell. How do we bring about an investigation into the corruption within the City of Hemet?
billy

Los Angeles, CA

#23 Jul 2, 2011
LOOKS LIKE THE CITY MANAGER IS HIRING HIS BUDDIES SO THEY CAN BOTH MAKE A BUCK. THINK ABOUT IT, WHAT DOES THIS NEW GUY ACTUALLY SERIOSLY HAVE TO DO. SHOW UP FOR TWNETY HOURS A WEEK, THAT'S IT. HE DOES NOT HAVE TO PRODUCE OR DO ONE SINGLE THING FOR SIX MONTHS.
AND MAKE A QUARTER OF A MILION DOLLARS FOR IT.IF I SAID TO YOU GIVE ME FIFTY GRAND, AND I'LL GIVE YOU A HUNDRED AND FIFTY GRAND, WOULD YOU SAY YES/? OF COURSE YOU WOULD.
THIS NEW GUY ISN NOT HERE TO WORK. HE IS BEING PAID OFF SO THE CITY MANANGER THAT HIRES HIM CAN GET HIS CUT.
SIMPLE AS THAT. NO MORE NO LESS. ONE CRIMINAL HIRING ANTOHER CRIMINAL.
I WILL BE GLAD WHEN THEY BOTH GO TO PRISON.
Concerned Hemet resident

Cerritos, CA

#24 Jul 3, 2011
Left Hemet wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the City of Bell. How do we bring about an investigation into the corruption within the City of Hemet?
If enough of the citizens of Hemet were to keep filling complaints with the state attorney general to start an investigation into the city government, we could make it happen.... And also start a recall of all the city council just like they did in the city of Bell,,,, it could happen RECALL,, FILE AND RECALL.... FILE AND RECALL... FILE AND RECALL
janssen

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Jul 4, 2011
CROOK!
Bob N Neil

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Jul 4, 2011
What a distgusting low life. Is it true he's gay? i heard one of the Hemet Council is gay too. Anyone know about that?
Karl Osborn

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Jul 6, 2011
So what is this business about our City Manager taking ten thousand dollars a month at his last job? Is there still going to be prosecution?
wtf

Grayson, LA

#28 Jul 6, 2011
jerry wrote:
"Lots of talented and caring HPD officers have been forced to look elsewhere for employment, and have been taken on by other PD's, meaning we are losing good cops."
Did you mean we are losing greedy cops, crossing the street for a dollar raise.
Talented and caring ... give me a break.
Wow, sorry I haven't responed to this sooner, but here goes.....

HPD is losing their best cops to other cities and states as I type. And it's not to make a dollar more per hour. Mostly, they are taking lesser paying jobs, and relocating their families to another city, county, or state for JOB SECURITY reasons. Plus, a FEW localities/states are not consumed with being a "sanctuary" location rife with illegals committing crimes.

Can't say I'm looking forward to losing these good cops, but I say GODSPEED, and God Bless your move. I only remain here because I have no ability to "pick up and move". And I still have hopes that Hemet's citizens will get involved, and stop the wholesale "selling out" now going on.

A note to Hemet Council/Mangler....selling out city departments CLEARLY in the black is not a good way to "save the budget".

I think I learned something similar in my 11th grade Economics class a few years ago....guess you missed that day, nakamura, franchville, etc.

Just plain sad.

wtf

Grayson, LA

#29 Jul 6, 2011
Bob N Neil wrote:
What a distgusting low life. Is it true he's gay? i heard one of the Hemet Council is gay too. Anyone know about that?
Youseff, definitely. Franchville, maybe. Nakamura, don't know.

NOT based on personal experience, just my impressions. You know, that initial "feeling" you get?
wtf

Grayson, LA

#30 Jul 6, 2011
Zathura wrote:
HA HA HA HA HA!!!! you people are so, SO stupid!! good lord, you are sure going to be surprised when your next manager tells you that you don't have any money!!!
your own newspaper tells you "the water and trash are not in the red" but you think you are going to sell the trash and make a ton of money on it? then you have your big boss telling you if you don't borrow money from the water people then you won't have any money to run the city!
if you have to pay back the money, even at a million percent interest, so what? ITS YOUR WATER DEPT!!! YOU'LL BE PAYING IT BACK TO YOURSELF!!!
Has anyone ever been this stupid? this guy makes obama look good!!!! i'm glad my city isn't run this way, i'd move!!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
what a stupid crook your boss is!!! FUNNY!!!
Now, the 2.2 mil is coming from the "equipment replacement fund". Nice "shift in funds". Is this even legal? Granted, equipment replacement has been overfunded for a while, but why gut it now? I am guessing because Refuse has already been sold, behind closed doors, and PD is next.

Will the cost of "possibly studying" and "hiring a consultant" for contracting PD come from their own budget, just like refuse had to "pay" for their own rope?

It seems that the only way to "run" Hemet is to hire highly-paid "consultants" to tell council and city mangler what to do.

I thought that was their job?

From the "selling" of Refuse dept to "fix" the budget to the contracting of a website "consultant" to spend 56k up front, and 5k per year to maintain, it seems that council and mangler want nothing to do with Hemet, except for the cashout. And lining the pockets of friend and relatives.

mangler nakamura has recently missed at least 2 scheduled appointments to actually appear at the City Yard in order to give a "speech", and Franchville has NEVER been there, despite numerous requests. HHHMMMM...
CreditWhereDue

Redlands, CA

#31 Jul 6, 2011
To the Hemet city council's credit:

Approved E verify, contrary to HPD's recomendation

Holding the line with the greedy selfish whiney public saftey union demands.

Hopefully next will be local hiring preference.
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, the 2.2 mil is coming from the "equipment replacement fund". Nice "shift in funds". Is this even legal? Granted, equipment replacement has been overfunded for a while, but why gut it now? I am guessing because Refuse has already been sold, behind closed doors, and PD is next.
Will the cost of "possibly studying" and "hiring a consultant" for contracting PD come from their own budget, just like refuse had to "pay" for their own rope?
It seems that the only way to "run" Hemet is to hire highly-paid "consultants" to tell council and city mangler what to do.
I thought that was their job?
From the "selling" of Refuse dept to "fix" the budget to the contracting of a website "consultant" to spend 56k up front, and 5k per year to maintain, it seems that council and mangler want nothing to do with Hemet, except for the cashout. And lining the pockets of friend and relatives.
mangler nakamura has recently missed at least 2 scheduled appointments to actually appear at the City Yard in order to give a "speech", and Franchville has NEVER been there, despite numerous requests. HHHMMMM...
Jorge Benavidez

Los Angeles, CA

#32 Jul 7, 2011
So read the report on the city web tonight for the councilm meeting. Is says the bosses are getting a 2 parcent pay cut. But they can lay off police. Outrageuos. They want to cut the workers 15 parcent. Ridiculuos. Just Ridiculuos.

And the city council people have to say yes to it for tehm to get it. So its bad City council to vote that way.
wtf

Grayson, LA

#33 Jul 8, 2011
CreditWhereDue wrote:
To the Hemet city council's credit:
Approved E verify, contrary to HPD's recomendation
Holding the line with the greedy selfish whiney public saftey union demands.
Hopefully next will be local hiring preference.
<quoted text>
Public safety and all unions in Hemet have agreed or been forced into paycuts and benefit decreases for at least the last 3 years.
SEIU accepted the pay and benefit cuts after negotiotions, others were imposed.
makesyouwonder

Lake Elsinore, CA

#34 Jul 8, 2011
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Public safety and all unions in Hemet have agreed or been forced into paycuts and benefit decreases for at least the last 3 years.
SEIU accepted the pay and benefit cuts after negotiotions, others were imposed.
Looks like the city manager is looking our for the taxpayer after all.

Not sure about the forced part, you mention, the door is still an option !

Thank you city manager and city council of Hemet.

I noticed on the city employee compensation disclosure site there is plenty of room for more cuts if necessary.
Big Bad Bob

Los Angeles, CA

#35 Jul 9, 2011
You're an idiot. Do you know how to read? Read the City Managers report, it's right there on the internet on the City website. Do you know how to find it? Are you that capable? If so, and you can read, you might be pleasantly surprised to find that your precious, professionally USELESS "management team" is getting a big TWO PERCENT pay cut, while firing cops left and right, gutting the fire department, and cutting the pay of the poor saps that actually do the work by 15 percent.
You are a lousy piece of garbage. I hope someday you need a cop and all you get is an underpaid, unqualified, uncaring rent a cop from these creeps.
kat

Perris, CA

#36 Jul 9, 2011
if Hemet is so broke, why are they looking to hire a fireman for $4500.00 a month. HMMMMM do ya think someones kid is gonna get the job?
Council Please read

Hemet, CA

#37 Jul 11, 2011
http://www.cityofhemet.org/agendas_minutes/cc...
Go to this link and see the city managers contract after the BIG cut. He will only make 210K and will only contribute 3% to his retirement while all other employees contribute the maximum. City Council is crqazy if they approve this.
Council Please read

Hemet, CA

#38 Jul 11, 2011
Ok so now I figured it out after looking at their contracts. Last year they took a 7% cut(less than most employees). They had a sunset clause so they got back the 7% last week. Then gave up a 2% "temporary cut" for this year. So in essence they are getting a 5% pay raise this year from what they made last year. Its Criminal!
How insulting

Los Angeles, CA

#39 Jul 11, 2011
I read it and it's criminal!
wtf

Grayson, LA

#40 Jul 12, 2011
What else is new? "Top talent" maintains, or gets a raise, while the actual workers take yet more cuts.

I guess they can't figure out that without workers hauling the load, the actual JOB doesn't get done?

Maybe the "top talent" in the City would like to trade jobs for a day, so that "they" could actually "work", and see what the daily jobs in Hemet actually entail? I can promise you that in VERY short order, "top talent" would collapse, leaving the jobs at hand to the "workers".

Maybe they could hire a "consultant" to do the job for them?

I wouldn't put it past them.......
Yup Im a City Employee

Lake Elsinore, CA

#41 Jul 12, 2011
You cant cut the Police and Fire Chief or any of the other "manager positions". What would happen at your place of employment if you didnt have a manager? Case closed!
wtf wrote:
Someone is being paid off, for sure! Refuse and Water are the two depts that MAKE the most money for Hemet, and their money has been taken (for YEARS) to stabilize the general fund. Now that we have passed Prop 218, rates cannot be increased on services without a justified reason. The selling of Refuse dept is a way around 218, plain and simple. City Council and Manager have lost their "cash cow", and therefore will contract out, to avoid violating Prop 218. And to line their pockets, as well as their friends pockets, with cash.
Next will be Hemet PD, sold to RSO from the INSIDE, by RSO employee Jerry Franchville, the "mayor" of Hemet.
I smell not only a conflict of interests here, but also "back-room" dealings with the usual suspects in the "Hemet power brokers" scam.
When will the residents of Hemet wake up, and realize that the problems in Hemet are caused by inside dealings, and NOT by hard-working public employees, who have taken paycuts in order to "save the city", "save the library" and "save public safety"?
City council and manager are dead-set at contracting everything out, and are cutting EVERY dept to below bare-bones staffing, in order to make the depts look inefficient, so that they can justify contracting EVERY city dept to the lowest for-profit bidder.
I suggest that council and manager cut UNFILLED management positions in the budget FIRST, then see what the TRUE deficit is. Fire Chief, Police Chief, Public Works Director, Refuse Director, Facilities Maintenance Director, etc. These are all vacant positions, but remain in the budget! There is NO WAY that these positions will be filled anytime soon, so why "spend the money", as you make cuts to actual workers salaries? The 5 positions I mentioned would save the city well over $1 million, and there are LOTS of other funded and unfilled positions.
I would LOVE to do an audit of city finances, and see what the ACTUAL deficit is. But, I am not an accountant or a lawyer, so I do not have the skills. All I have is common sense, which seems to be quite lacking in council and manager postions!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hemet - The worst city to live in california (Dec '14) Mar 24 Rob 51
Domenigoni Blood Alley (Jan '11) Mar 23 Leah 36
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) Mar 21 David f Miller 347
Harrassment and Stalking (Aug '12) Mar 20 wade 24
News Temecula4 people arrested in connection with ro... (Aug '16) Mar 20 wade 4
The Bubble (Jul '10) Mar 19 Zack 5
WHY is there prison watch tower at the Hemet Va... Mar 14 Regolith Based Li... 1

Hemet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages