Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Why is it that Hemet's city employees can openly violate the city's own code on asphalt repairs?
Richard

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

How do ya like that hose protector they put up on Cawston? Don't hit that piece of crap at anything over a crawl, unless you want your front end ripped out.

These goons have always been utterly incompetent, the idiots actually "misspelled" STOP at an intersection. Kid thee not.

Every city worker is an incompetent fool. The management is worse.
milne

Pacific Palisades, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Richard wrote:
How do ya like that hose protector they put up on Cawston? Don't hit that piece of crap at anything over a crawl, unless you want your front end ripped out.

These goons have always been utterly incompetent, the idiots actually "misspelled" STOP at an intersection. Kid thee not.

who cares
know stuff

Radersburg, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Hawkeye wrote:
Why is it that Hemet's city employees can openly violate the city's own code on asphalt repairs?
Please explain what your complaint is......give someone a clue?
know stuff

Radersburg, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Richard wrote:
Got a pic of the mis-spelled "STOP"? Would make for a lively discussion on you-tube! Maybe the next "viral video"?
Hawkeye

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Judged:

Last year I had my private parking lot resealed by the same contractor that had done it in past years.

As always, there were some severely cracked (alligatored) areas that needed to be repaired. The usual practice was to "overlay" those areas with a thin cover of asphalt and feather them out before seal coating.

But this time the city inspector disallowed any overlays. He said it was a violation of the city code. The required procedure is to grind or remove the existing asphalt to a depth of at least one inch and then fill the area to the same grade as the existing. That was a very costly procedure that I couldn't afford so we just applied the seal coat and are left with the unsightly cracks.

This week the City Street crews are "overlaying" significant portions of the street fronting my property. They have not ground out or removed any damaged portions of the street; they are simply laying a thin veneer of asphalt over the cracked up street.

I have seen them do that same process many times in various places throughout the city. Apparently their codes do not apply to their own property or practices.

Daventry

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Judged:

Stop whining and go eat some spicy hot chicken wings.
Chris

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Judged:

Is there no funding anymore ford road repair??? EVERY side street in hemet is worse than a dirt road anymore.
know stuff

Radersburg, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Hawkeye wrote:
Last year I had my private parking lot resealed by the same contractor that had done it in past years.
As always, there were some severely cracked (alligatored) areas that needed to be repaired. The usual practice was to "overlay" those areas with a thin cover of asphalt and feather them out before seal coating.
But this time the city inspector disallowed any overlays. He said it was a violation of the city code. The required procedure is to grind or remove the existing asphalt to a depth of at least one inch and then fill the area to the same grade as the existing. That was a very costly procedure that I couldn't afford so we just applied the seal coat and are left with the unsightly cracks.
This week the City Street crews are "overlaying" significant portions of the street fronting my property. They have not ground out or removed any damaged portions of the street; they are simply laying a thin veneer of asphalt over the cracked up street.
I have seen them do that same process many times in various places throughout the city. Apparently their codes do not apply to their own property or practices.
Thank your "city leaders" for that. Code enforcement up, city services down. Go to a City Council meeting, and ask where the money is going. Bear in mind that you will be seeing "where it goes" when you look at the City Mangler, and the City Attorney. Those leeches you will not see present are Andrew Hall, Joseph Brann, and any other "consultants" that "City Council" has found a need to hire, so that Council and Mangler can sit back and do nothing more than line their pockets with kickbacks.

Petty? Minor? Stone? Chaudhri? Take your pick.

Besides the kickbacks, there are always the overpaid City Hall employees, as well as way overpaid "managers", "coordinators", "supervisors", "directors", and deputy this, assistant that.

Can anyone do their job anymore without help? I know that I can. I do it every day.

Sorry for the rant.........
nobody

Sun City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

@know stuff it's more like thanks for the rant no government office, county, city or any office that is remotely affiliated with government can do their job without help they have bunches of bosses for this and that and nobody really works. But they cut from the schools every chance they get so years down the road all we will have in a bunch of uneducated people on welfare. Wake up America we need to clean house !!!
citizen cain

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2012

Judged:

Richard wrote:
do you have a picture of misspeled stop at what intersection?
the one who knows

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

We are overpaid, and give kickbacks to buisness, and people we know. We would rather close business es down than help them,, as per code enforcement, we dont care as long as we can get, more $$ money for the city, ps pc
Well

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

nobody wrote:
@know stuff it's more like thanks for the rant no government office, county, city or any office that is remotely affiliated with government can do their job without help they have bunches of bosses for this and that and nobody really works. But they cut from the schools every chance they get so years down the road all we will have in a bunch of uneducated people on welfare. Wake up America we need to clean house !!!
I don't see where the schools are doing without. HUSD is well compensated. The problem with "a bunch of uneducated people" lies with the students themselves and the stupid parents raising them. Quit looking to the schools to raise your unruly kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Either Or 4,992
Missing Persons 8 hr Chris 2
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 10 hr ferris wheel 200,602
McDonalds 11 hr ThisIsWHY 5
Sun City: NAACP denied meeting spot (Oct '12) 13 hr Chris 6
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 15 hr marching banded 15,931
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Thu james marple 46

Search the Hemet Forum:
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search