HEMET: Hundreds apply for job at Hobb...

HEMET: Hundreds apply for job at Hobby Lobby

There are 8 comments on the The Press-Enterprise story from Jun 16, 2014, titled HEMET: Hundreds apply for job at Hobby Lobby. In it, The Press-Enterprise reports that:

Hundreds of people lined up at Monday morning to apply for a job at Hobby Lobby,a craft and home decor store that will open next month in the Hemet Valley Mall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Press-Enterprise.

Hemet

Shasta, CA

#1 Jun 17, 2014
Wow, Hemet is the economic gemstone of the southland!!! LMFAO!!!
WOW

Honolulu, HI

#2 Jun 17, 2014
it's green acres
Get A Clue

South Gate, CA

#3 Jun 17, 2014
"1,000 applications available Monday and they were all taken with more people wanting one."

But the employer was expected to hire only 35 to 50 employees.

Ouch, at best you have only a 5% shot at getting a job at this joint. You had better have a hell of resume!!
Yikes

Honolulu, HI

#4 Jun 17, 2014
less than 34 of the 1000 will be 'employable'
TryInTgEttit

Honolulu, HI

#5 Jun 17, 2014
Can they, will they really interview 1000 people?
resident

Hemet, CA

#6 Jun 17, 2014
No. They will stop when they get enough.
hither

Honolulu, HI

#7 Jun 17, 2014
I'm thinking some older people may be better than all young, only because I know there's more than a few older hobbyists that would be perfect for some the customer service positions. Lots of model aircraft pilots around here too.
Employer

Mentone, CA

#8 Jun 26, 2014
The best way to cull the flood of applications, is to outright reject the ones wil spelling errors. Especially ones that cannot spell the name of the city they live-in correctly.

If they have that much of a lack of detail in filling out a job application, then they likely will be a real nightmare in the shop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hemet - The worst city to live in california (Dec '14) Mar 24 Rob 51
Domenigoni Blood Alley (Jan '11) Mar 23 Leah 36
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) Mar 21 David f Miller 347
Harrassment and Stalking (Aug '12) Mar 20 wade 24
News Temecula4 people arrested in connection with ro... (Aug '16) Mar 20 wade 4
The Bubble (Jul '10) Mar 19 Zack 5
WHY is there prison watch tower at the Hemet Va... Mar 14 Regolith Based Li... 1

Hemet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages