Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Judged:

I agree with others, run far from this city. It is full of corruption and gangs. Head south on 79.
REAgent

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

ninibear wrote:
I have lived in Hemet for 7 yrs and Its like a never ending nightmare. Why was there 4 black dudes trying to break into my home and when we pulled up they just walked away like they had just had dinner with me. I called the police over and these guys had the audacity to walk pass my house and then started running like crackhead, the police caught them and they were wanted felons, one was considered armed and dangerous. This was in the gated ghetto of willowalk, cant wait to sale my home and get the hell out of this mount. If you have kids stay far far away, the schools here are horrible and the teachers think they are actually teaching something. My son was teaching them. Just plain ole sorry town. Run as fast as you can
Did this recently happen in willow walk? I have been hearing some bad things about that community, and I have some clients that are interested in the tract they are moving here from Idaho. Im not from Hemet and all I hear is bad bad bad, so I take it willow walk is no good?
P Serpico

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

REAgent wrote:
<quoted text>
Did this recently happen in willow walk? I have been hearing some bad things about that community, and I have some clients that are interested in the tract they are moving here from Idaho. Im not from Hemet and all I hear is bad bad bad, so I take it willow walk is no good?
This article is from 2010 & it's only getting worse:

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar/30/busin...
liveinhemet

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

REAgent wrote:
<quoted text>
We really like Hemet. We live on the East side in the Val Vista area. Nice homes on nice streets and nice neighbors. At least what is left. The forecloseures are numerous throughout Hemet. But not unlike other cities. Crime here is NOT like Los Angeles and surroundig communities.
Granted jobs are scarce and again not unlike other areas. We were also b uying a second home and the realtor suggested Willowwalk. But we refuse to buy into an association. Don't liek the idea of someone telling us what we can and cannot do to our own property. So we bought a second property in our own neighborhood.
Best thing anyone can do is call the Hemet police or sheriffs dept to check the area they are interested in.
kat

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Judged:

REAgent wrote:
<quoted text>
why would anyone want to leave Idaho for this dump?
liveinhemet

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Judged:

kat wrote:
<quoted text>why would anyone want to leave Idaho for this dump?
Heck you are from Whittier. That is a dump.
kat

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

liveinhemet wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck you are from Whittier. That is a dump.
no. I live in Hemet
liveinhemet

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

Judged:

kat wrote:
<quoted text>no. I live in Hemet
Your url shows Whittier not Hemet. Duhhh
REAgent

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

kat wrote:
<quoted text>why would anyone want to leave Idaho for this dump?
Because they are over the snow, and they are paying cash, they want to live in Murr-Tmec but Hemet is cheaper. They dont want to spend all their cash on a house, they used to live in Val Vista YEARS ago...

Since: May 11

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

Lolz let meh tell ya from state on to lyon and flordia to western that square of area is referred to as the "the ghetto" lolz and on the otherside of hemet is kind of not as bad but still has its problems. Going more toards east hemet toward valle vista is nicer area and quieter.
Left Hemet

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

REAgent wrote:
<quoted text>
What you've heard is true true true.
Willow Walk is a ghetto. The whole valley has been taken over by gangs - north, south, east and west. Don't encourage anyone to move to the San Jacinto Valley - it is out of control. If anyone tells you differently - they're lying lying lying - they're stuck in Hemet - misery loves company.
corcerned citizen

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

Judged:

willow walk has a section 8 rate of about 80% of the people living there, place looks very peaceful but need to look @ different times day and night. the gate have been broken and fixed sense the place open now they have junk cross bar and spikes to what good none good luck
REAgent wrote:
<quoted text>
Citizen of 12 years

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2011

Judged:

I have lived in all parts of Hemet in the past 12 years and each year the valley gets worse. the west side of town particularly WILLOWALK is horrendous. lived there for 4 years and watched it go from a mini paradise to a Compton ghetto. house was estimated at 475K at the high market value and had to short sell it for 150K. the house is still immaculate but it's the surrounding people that caused the main downfall of the price. I do agree that small parts of Hemet still have that safe small town feel. but for the 95 percent of other residents those days are long gone!!! I still work in the valley on a 911 ambulance so i get to see the stuff that goes on behing closed doors and it is dis-heartening to say the least...... to sum it all up for people that wanna know about Hemet, just imagine all of the trash in LA and san Berdoo coming to this one town and bringing their filth with them. TRUTH HURTS. even for this former proud citizen of Hemet
liveinhemet

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2011

Judged:

Citizen of 12 years wrote:
I have lived in all parts of Hemet in the past 12 years and each year the valley gets worse. the west side of town particularly WILLOWALK is horrendous. lived there for 4 years and watched it go from a mini paradise to a Compton ghetto. house was estimated at 475K at the high market value and had to short sell it for 150K. the house is still immaculate but it's the surrounding people that caused the main downfall of the price. I do agree that small parts of Hemet still have that safe small town feel. but for the 95 percent of other residents those days are long gone!!! I still work in the valley on a 911 ambulance so i get to see the stuff that goes on behing closed doors and it is dis-heartening to say the least...... to sum it all up for people that wanna know about Hemet, just imagine all of the trash in LA and san Berdoo coming to this one town and bringing their filth with them. TRUTH HURTS. even for this former proud citizen of Hemet
The reason you had to short sale is because the bottom fell out of the housing market. NO other reason.OR you did like so many other people. Your house wasn't worth what you paid for it so you wanted out.
P Serpico

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2011

liveinhemet wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you had to short sale is because the bottom fell out of the housing market. NO other reason.OR you did like so many other people. Your house wasn't worth what you paid for it so you wanted out.
That's true, but everything else the poster said was correct. Crime is rampant all over this valley, even where you live (East Hemet, correct?). In my neighborhood, many of the property crimes (thefts, auto/home burglery, etc) are going unreported. I've been urging my neighbors to, at the very least, file a report on-line, so law enforcement has knowledge of what is happening. So far, only one of them has filed a report. Pretty sad......
Citizen of 12 years

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2011

Judged:

liveinhemet wrote:
<quoted text>
This is completely Irrelevant to what i wrote in my post. the point i was trying to make about the short sale was that even in an economy like the one we are in my house should have short saled for low 200's to max of mid 200's but the whole valley or more so the neighborhhod brought down the value of the house to what it sold for.
justun

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

So I heard they have security at the willowalk,
Community I've heard they're always patrolling and its been helping willowalk.
Skywalker

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

justun wrote:
So I heard they have security at the willowalk,
Community I've heard they're always patrolling and its been helping willowalk.
Yeah, security can only do so much. And if the same security folks work in an area for too long, they sometimes get a little too familiar with their surroundings.

How's the weather in Inglewood? Or is that where you "relocated" from?
Left Hemet

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Judged:

Citizen of 12 years wrote:
<quoted text>
This is completely Irrelevant to what i wrote in my post. the point i was trying to make about the short sale was that even in an economy like the one we are in my house should have short saled for low 200's to max of mid 200's but the whole valley or more so the neighborhhod brought down the value of the house to what it sold for.

Correct. Totally irrelevant.
Liveinhemet says:
"We really like Hemet. We live on the East side in the Val Vista area. Nice homes on nice streets and nice neighbors." and...
"I have lived in Hemet for 24 years. We own 4 homes here. We rent 3 of them out. 2 are paid for. We both work full time jobs."

So, consider the source. Misery loves company and Stuckinhemet is trapped. Good that you were able to short sale and get out. In fact, to just flat walk away from Hemet is worth it. If and when the economy starts gaining traction, Hemet won't because it's become a blighted ghetto. The demographic shift creates a double whammy for the San Jacinto Valley with the economic downturn and the "Blight Flight" that's occurring there, now.

Liveinhemet has headinsand.
liveinhemet

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2011

P Serpico wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true, but everything else the poster said was correct. Crime is rampant all over this valley, even where you live (East Hemet, correct?). In my neighborhood, many of the property crimes (thefts, auto/home burglery, etc) are going unreported. I've been urging my neighbors to, at the very least, file a report on-line, so law enforcement has knowledge of what is happening. So far, only one of them has filed a report. Pretty sad......
If people don't report crime then how can a law enforcement agency fight crime. Those that had a burglary are not smart at all. Seems like if you don't report a crime you must be hiding from something. Afraid to have the police come to your home. Don't think I want neighbors that stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of91
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 52 min Peter 200,243
Omg!! I can't believe my eyes so many blacks in... (May '13) 57 min ladytntad 170
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 12 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 16 hr all doned in 4,864
The Waterfalls (May '09) 21 hr hiker2 14
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
Do you approve of Jerry Franchville as Mayor? (Apr '12) Sat Becki Fire 5
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000