• No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
14,101 - 14,120 of 15,961 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 26
Big D

Modesto, CA

#15250 Feb 19, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, I got my card and tried it for awhile to see if it helps for some pain, but anyways had conversations with the pot shop workers and yes they did express that it should not be legal.
My wife has cancer and next time she has Chemo I am likely to have her try it to see if it will help her.

Granted that would be legal here, but even if it was not I would gladly break the law to help her however I could.

I have my limits on laws I will tolerate

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

#15251 Feb 19, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>

marijuana goes beyond what alcohol and tobacco does... it can make you stupid. and it can do to this to you the minute the vapors from someone who is an user engulfs you.
hence, marijuana is more dangerous.
BullS**t, you need to do some research, just like alcohol, you should wait til adult, but you might be thinking of crack. Our President of the United states smoked pot, is he stupid? A lot of Lawyers, Doctors have smoked or are smoking pot, stop watching those old pot zombie movies and do some research before you spit more stupid. Alcohol kills lives every day, not pot.

Wilton, CA

#15252 Feb 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife has cancer and next time she has Chemo I am likely to have her try it to see if it will help her.
Granted that would be legal here, but even if it was not I would gladly break the law to help her however I could.
I have my limits on laws I will tolerate
I agree, I too might be trying it again some day or for a family member. Sorry to hear about your wife, I know the C word is not what it used to be, hope for a full recovery for her.

Wilton, CA

#15253 Feb 19, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
one only needs to see all the crazy decisions being pushed currently on capitol hill to realize the harm illicit drugs cause to people.
universal healthcare when you know we cannot afford it?
letting rangel off scott free for fraud when wesley snipes gets 3 years?
eric holder free even after fast and furious.
benghazi..
brain dead people making brain dead decisions.
And you tie all that into pot use? lol. We don't need expensive healthcare if we educate people on nutrition and teach people to go back and eat real food again. What this movie: "Hungry for Change".

Wilton, CA

#15254 Feb 19, 2013
Big D

Modesto, CA

#15255 Feb 19, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, I too might be trying it again some day or for a family member. Sorry to hear about your wife, I know the C word is not what it used to be, hope for a full recovery for her.
Thanks, so far she is responding well and it has been 3 years since the last set of chemo treatments, hers will never go into what is called remission, but it is reduced and not growing.

She is everything to me, I am one of those strange husbands that actually likes my wife ( chuckle )

We have had a lot of conversations, for example euthanasia, we have both promised if it ever came to it, where our only prospects were very long and very painful existence, a prolonged agony, if there were no other options we would help the other.

again there is a limit on laws I will tolerate

I mentioned this to my brother, and he told me that he told his wife that if he was only alive because of a machine to go ahead and turn it off, so she reached down and unplugged his computer he was playing on.( chuckle )

But back to the subject, I am very offended by people opposed to medical marijuana, that position is just senseless

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#15257 Feb 19, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>BullS**t, you need to do some research, just like alcohol, you should wait til adult, but you might be thinking of crack. Our President of the United states smoked pot, is he stupid? A lot of Lawyers, Doctors have smoked or are smoking pot, stop watching those old pot zombie movies and do some research before you spit more stupid. Alcohol kills lives every day, not pot.
what do you call it when you push for universal healthcare when you know we cannot afford it? smart?

what do you call it when you allow our people to get killed in benghazi because you couldn't be burdened with the responsibility? smart?

what do you call it when you give a billion dollars to a company that goes bankrupt the next day? smart?

I call it being brain dead.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#15258 Feb 19, 2013
skynet wrote:
<quoted text>go drink your coffee take your beano swallow your asprin drink your beer and.sit and spin on your PlayStation 5 . Pure smoking pleasure pot heroin Meth stop grandstanding on the blue collar go take a laxative you likely need a clotting agent
pure smoking pleasure?

tell that to those who are addicted to crystal meth..

krokodil...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

heroin...

youtube is full of these stories/videos for everybody to see. illicit drugs are not good for you. and should not be legalized. PERIOD.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15259 Feb 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>

But back to the subject, I am very offended by people opposed to medical marijuana, that position is just senseless
People don't oppose" Medically Prescribed" MJ use as much as you think as it's well known that it helps relieve side effects from chemo and rediation. Those being treated would be on sick leave and not be out driving. The problem with the public immage of MJ use is the stoners,potheads,and dopers that are openly pushing for anywhere/anytime use in public,in the workplace,in schools,and operating a car. Those toads are doing the movement more harm than good.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#15260 Feb 19, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> People don't oppose" Medically Prescribed" MJ use as much as you think as it's well known that it helps relieve side effects from chemo and rediation. Those being treated would be on sick leave and not be out driving. The problem with the public immage of MJ use is the stoners,potheads,and dopers that are openly pushing for anywhere/anytime use in public,in the workplace,in schools,and operating a car. Those toads are doing the movement more harm than good.
Oh I know most people donít, I am just totally amazed at those that do oppose it.

and I agree that it has an image problem.

It wonít affect me one way or the other as I am not all that interested in MJ

I would support its legalization as it is logical to do so, but it really isnít all that important to me.
Swag

Turlock, CA

#15261 Feb 19, 2013
Big D
I had the same experience, wife had stage 5 leukemia, Doc ask me to get her some pot. She was losing to much weight. I did and she was able to eat. So was I. She got a bone marrow transplant and is in remission today. Still smokes a little. But healthy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#15262 Feb 19, 2013
Swag wrote:
Big D
I had the same experience, wife had stage 5 leukemia, Doc ask me to get her some pot. She was losing to much weight. I did and she was able to eat. So was I. She got a bone marrow transplant and is in remission today. Still smokes a little. But healthy.
Very good!

For my wife it would just to help her get past the effects of Chemo

If it would help her feel better, or even just tolerate it more, I would do it, legal or not.

Best of luck to you andyour wife
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15263 Feb 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I would support its legalization as it is logical to do so, but it really isnít all that important to me.
I would only hope that your support would be for" Prescribed Medical Use" only and not for anytime/anywhere use. Society doesn't need a generation of stoned people equal to the characters on MJ's "Thriller" video.
MarchOdimes

Covina, CA

#15264 Feb 19, 2013
Never can tell but 3.5 % is a lot to me, so why are you trying to stop them?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15265 Feb 19, 2013
MarchOdimes wrote:
Never can tell but 3.5 % is a lot to me, so why are you trying to stop them?
3.5% is like whizzing in a storm drain. What's your point?

Elk Grove, CA

#15266 Feb 19, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you call it when you push for universal healthcare when you know we cannot afford it? smart?
what do you call it when you allow our people to get killed in benghazi because you couldn't be burdened with the responsibility? smart?
what do you call it when you give a billion dollars to a company that goes bankrupt the next day? smart?
I call it being brain dead.
That's all a different thread, Im not for universal healthcare, the way it's proposed, I'm for health prevention. With that said, what does all your rants have to do with pot?

Elk Grove, CA

#15267 Feb 19, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
pure smoking pleasure?
tell that to those who are addicted to crystal meth..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GS8XY4GMnJkXX
krokodil...
heroin...
youtube is full of these stories/videos for everybody to see. illicit drugs are not good for you. and should not be legalized. PERIOD.
Pot is not one of those drugs.
marchOdimes

Covina, CA

#15268 Feb 19, 2013
Never can tell but 3.5 % is a lot to me, so why are you still trying to stop them?

Modesto, Ca - blow it out your corn cobb pipe, just shut up.

Your both acting like crank-yankers, include elk O grover too.

Elk Grove, CA

#15269 Feb 19, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> People don't oppose" Medically Prescribed" MJ use as much as you think as it's well known that it helps relieve side effects from chemo and rediation. Those being treated would be on sick leave and not be out driving. The problem with the public immage of MJ use is the stoners,potheads,and dopers that are openly pushing for anywhere/anytime use in public,in the workplace,in schools,and operating a car. Those toads are doing the movement more harm than good.
You have an image of a pot smoker that is not true. A pot smoker could be your president, your Lawyer, Doctor, Dentist...If pot heads can't drive while stoned, why don't you document how many people in the US have been killed driving. Then compare that to booze. I know that 440,000 people die in the U.S. every year from tobacco. 370,000 people in the U.S. die from poor diet every year. 85,000 people in the U.S. die from alcohol every year. 32,000 people in the U.S. die from prescription drugs (didn't abuse them) every year.

The CDC reports that between 1999 and 2007, there were 26 deaths with marijuana as an underlying cause, in the United States.

Elk Grove, CA

#15270 Feb 19, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>I would only hope that your support would be for" Prescribed Medical Use" only and not for anytime/anywhere use. Society doesn't need a generation of stoned people equal to the characters on MJ's "Thriller" video.
The so called medical pot here in California is basically open to any adult that applies. If you say your little finger hurts, you will get your card. It's basically legal here, but the Government knows who got their card and how much they are buying. There has been no increase in deaths because of it, it's safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 2 hr Kandy 476
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 hr RiccardoFire 200,586
Debate: Ferguson - Hemet, CA 10 hr Go Blue Forever 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 19 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Thu Chris 49
The Waterfalls (May '09) Thu Chris 20
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at August 29 at 2:18PM PDT

•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••