U.S. Post Office SUCKS
Rancho Navarre

Honolulu, HI

#94 Jun 20, 2014
a female postal worker, tall 60 or so, dark hair bleached to blond on top.
Possibly Hispanic-no accent.
Inside and just to the right of the door to the customer service side, there is a tall chair with a note taped the seat
DO NOT SIT Postal Employees Only
she sat there shortly after I got in line, and directed customers as they came in. I have never seen this before at any post office. For some unknown reason I was afraid to look directly at her.
I just respected that 'feeling', got done and OUT to a better day without her - NO DISRESPECT - just glad i can tell this tale and remain invisible.
Probably won't go back in there.
she is supervisor

Los Angeles, CA

#95 Jul 17, 2014
sounds like a super
mail good

Los Angeles, CA

#96 Aug 5, 2014
mail good
crazy counter clerk

Los Angeles, CA

#97 Oct 14, 2014
every city of the size of Hemet has at least one crazy postal worker. Hemet has one and so does your city.

Feds accuse Riverview mail carrier of tax fraud scheme

TAMPA — A Riverview mail carrier who tried to sell nearly $20,000 of fraudulent tax refund checks was arrested, the U.S. Attorney's Office said Tuesday.

Mail carrier Orville Dwight Hylton, 40, faces a charge of theft of government property after he tried to sell the fraudulent checks at a discount, a federal complaint says. The checks came from the same postal ZIP code where Hylton delivers mail, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

Also Tuesday, a federal judge announced a sentence for a Tampa man in another tax fraud case. A judge sentenced Rodney Andre McCray, 31, of Tampa to 18 months in federal prison for his participation in a scam that diverted more than $78,000 in fraudulent refunds — some for dead people — into a bank account in McCray's name. The judge also ordered McCray to pay back the IRS.
going postal moolah

Los Angeles, CA

#98 Oct 14, 2014
Mail carrier from Ridgewood is among seven charged in $2M fraud scheme

MAY 29, 2013 LAST UPDATED: THURSDAY, MAY 30, 2013, 12:44 AM

A Bergen County woman was one of two mail carriers arrested Wednesday for allegedly accepting bribes to help members of a fraud ring to steal more than $2 million in government tax refund checks using stolen identities.

Lourdres Ortiz, 40, of Ridgewood and Gloria Rivera, 39, of the Bronx were among seven people charged in a federal criminal complaint with conspiring to steal U.S. Treasury checks.

Rivera and Ortiz allegedly were paid a total of about $40,000 to divert at least 100 fraudulently obtained refund checks from a mail route in Flushing, Queens, authorities said. They surrendered to U.S. Postal Service agents on Wednesday.

Together with Fausto Bernard, 48, of Newark, Luis Pena, 43, of Yonkers, N.Y., and Wellington Feliz, 30, of the Bronx, they were brought in shackles before U.S. Magistrate Judge Madeline Cox Arleo in Newark and advised of their rights

Arleo ordered the release of Bernard and the two women on $50,000 unsecured bond each. At the government’s request, the judge detained Pena and Feliz pending a bail hearing at a later date.

Also charged with conspiracy were Bronx residents Raymundo Hernandez, 34, who is currently jailed on other charges, and Isaias Hernandez, 38, who remained at large.

According to the complaint, from December 2011 to April of this year the defendants took part in a classic tax refund scam, using personal identifying information, such as Social Security numbers and dates of birth, from unwitting individuals to steal more than $2 million from the government.

Using the stolen identities and falsified wage information, fraudulent 1040 tax return forms were filed to generate refund checks that were sent to addresses along the Flushing mail route controlled by the defendants.

Rivera agreed to intercept the checks and deliver them to Pena in exchange for about $400 per check, the complaint said.

In December 2011, Rivera enlisted Ortiz, who replaced her on the Flushing route when she had to take time off due to an injury. Ortiz agreed to accept $200 per check and over the next year delivered them to Rivera, who passed them on to Pena, the complaint said. Together, the two mail carriers intercepted at least 100 checks, authorities said.

The checks were cashed through bank accounts set up for newly-formed businesses incorporated by four of the other defendants in New Jersey and New York. The proceeds were then spent on various personal expenses, including gambling in Atlantic City and purchasing cars at auction, authorities said.

In one example cited in the complaint, 79 fraudulent refund checks totaling $570,550 were deposited over a four-month period beginning in late 2011 into the bank account of a Newark business registered by Feliz. At least 11 of those checks had been intercepted by Rivera and Ortiz and passed on to Pena, authorities said.

During the hearing, Assistant U.S. Attorney Rahul Agarwal advised the defendants of the charges and said they face up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Bukie Adetula, an Irvington attorney appointed to represent Ortiz, said afterward that she had been suspended from her job.

Asked for comment on the charges, he said it was very early in the process and he would wait to see the specifics of the allegations.“We will then, of course, defend them accordingly.”

Stolen identity refund fraud is a common type of fraud committed against the federal government, resulting in losses to the treasury of more than $2 billion a year, authorities said.

so the counter clerk nutjob who stole one package from me gave me a break huh?

Los Angeles, CA

#100 Oct 15, 2014

THESE CRY BABIES WANT 75 YEARS GUARANTEED REITRMENET. so they better see the rise of technology and get retrained to get real jobs. wah wah wah wah and maybe if some of them would quit stealing mail and being whiners about their 'entitlement' to a job, they would move their azz and really work.

some counters clerks are quite insane
unstable counter clerks

Los Angeles, CA

#101 Oct 28, 2014
unstasble counter clerks are very few. but there are some very unstsble ones. they look they are about to have a strike. they steal your mail and all sorts of things. very nuts. welfare is their option if they didn't work at the post office. hope they all close.

Since: Oct 14

Location hidden

#102 Oct 28, 2014
Postal wrote:
I went to the Post Office the other day,(The one on Esplanade, across from Stater Brothers)
Filled out the shipping address, and bought two rolls of bubble wrap, walked up to the counter and asked the woman there if I could have a piece of tape that she had laying there, to seal the end of the box.(About 10 inches) She said that I would have to buy a roll of tape. The tape cost over $3.00.
The shipping cost for the box was going to be $14.00 plus the bubble wrap.
I explained to her that all I needed was a short piece of tape. She still refused.
Since I had already opened the bubble wrap and inserted it into the box, I paid for that and told her that I will never return to use the US Post Office again. I went to a UPS store and shipped the box for $7.00. And they filled out the new shipping slip and sealed it for me at no extra charge.
And they wonder why the U.S. Post Office is going out of business.
The supervisor Erick, or however he spells it, is totally a sexist jerk. Talk about wanting to go postal. If only it wasn't against the law. DARN!

Suncook, NH

#103 Nov 8, 2014
Forwarding nightmares! Recently we moved and Im now getting mail for a friend of mine that no longer lives with us. His mail used to come in C/O me but when I did the change of address I did not give his name nor his address. In fact I told the post office that he no longer gets his mail in C/O me and they they this BUT they keep sending me his mail. On top of that anything I write "Return to Sender" on still comes to me. Which is now messing up services for him because they keep getting his address wrong.... Another nightmare was when I moved away from an old room mate and I checked the box marked "Individual" but they also forwarded his mail to my new address. This almost ruined our friendship because kept blaming me until we both went to the post office and they confirmed it was their stupid mistake.... Years before that I remember I was dismayed to not get my mail for a few days and missed a check when a stupid mail woman thought I had moved simply because my window curtains were down (I had them in the wash but if she looked in the window she could clearly see my kitchen table and furniture). My check was sent back and it too forever to get back. Im so glad technology is taking over and programmers with higher IQs are now in charge rather than have the cave people at the PO handling our mail.
clerk theft

Los Angeles, CA

#104 Nov 14, 2014
how about clerks who steal your mail. just saying.
Postman Jack

Norfolk, VA

#105 Feb 1, 2015
Diane wrote:
Will avoid using the PO from now on. Their prices aren't competitive and they really don't give a crap about their customers. The final straw was their lack of a guarantee. Need to get a debit card to my daughter in London. She's studying abroad and was the victim of a pick pocket. I explained I needed to get the card to her as fast as possible. Aside from the fact that there was absolutely no reaction they told me the fastest way to get it there was 3-5 days for $48.00! Oh, and no guarantee that it would get there in 3-5 days. It would have cost $16.95 for 6-10 days. So I asked why the drastic difference in price. They couldn't answer. I paid the higher price because she needs that card. And...wait for it... It still isn't there and it's been 8 days (6 working days). BS. If Fed Ex doesn't get your package to the destination when they say they will you get your $ back. But the PO isn't held accountable for their poor service so why should they change or try to improve? Had it with them. Let them go out of business.
if we are to let the USPS go out of business "Dianne", shouldn't we also do away with the U.S. Constitution which protects it?
Postman Jack

Norfolk, VA

#106 Feb 1, 2015
http://www.mercurynews.com/cal ifornia/ci_20384704/letter-car riers-protest-proposed-postal- service-cuts
THESE CRY BABIES WANT 75 YEARS GUARANTEED REITRMENET. so they better see the rise of technology and get retrained to get real jobs. wah wah wah wah and maybe if some of them would quit stealing mail and being whiners about their 'entitlement' to a job, they would move their azz and really work.
some counters clerks are quite insane
How about saying the same thing about American most unproductive Congress in recent U.S. history!?
Postman Jack

Norfolk, VA

#107 Feb 1, 2015
Postal wrote:
I have started ordering things online, I by-pass the U.S. Post Office and save money and get faster results. And no problems. When I buy Walmart online, They send it, and if it breaks or the receiving person don't want it, they return it to the nearest Walmart. It's like "drop Shipping".
With all the email users and online banking, there's fewer people using snail mail.
I haven't purchased a postage stamp to mail a letter in 2-3 years. I still have those "forever" stamps. I have a printing company online to send Christmas and Birthday cards out for me. I go online, select, and order.
That's pretty good for somebody who can afford to not visit the Post Office "Postal". Not many people in this country can afford their own computers. So what are you going to do when an online sales tax is implemented!?

San Marcos, CA

#108 May 27, 2015
post office protests wrote:
Syracuse (WSYR-TV)- Central New York postal workers and their supporters joined colleagues throughout the US in an effort to save the post office Tuesday.
A rally taking place in Downtown Syracuse is one of many taking place to stave off major cuts in postal services along with tens of thousands of jobs.
Workers are asking Congress to approve a measure that would allow pension funds to be used to pull the Postal Service out of the red.
HR 1351 would let the Postal Service use billions of dollars in pension overpayments to meet a Congressional mandate to pre-fund 75 years’ worth of health care benefits for future retirees. The measure is being proposed after a year in which the post office suffered more than $8 billion in losses. Now the post office is facing a loss of $10 billion more.
The post office has seen an enormous decline for the past five years in its regular first-class mail. Jobs have already been cut and processing facilities closed.
Some of the losses have generated odd shipping routes for mail. For example, if a Watertown resident sends a letter to another resident in the city, it travels 62 miles to a massive processing center in North Syracuse and then 62 miles back to Watertown. The post office claims, however, that the circuitous route is actually more efficient because so few people use first-class mail to send a letter across town.
REPLY; Yes I have heard all this and it is true. I pay most of my bills online, BUT I ship all the items I sell online and wholesale orders through USPS. I pay between 3,000 and 4,000 dollars a year to the Post Office, and there are alot of others who now use the Post office to ship. They are even less expensive than UPS on the larger packages or close and they have free pickup so I wonder at the problem, if it is really accurate. There are alot of sellers on the internet, more and more each year.

San Marcos, CA

#109 May 27, 2015
I love my postman, he is terrific and so were the others before him. It is fabulous for me that I can make a living online and that they pick up my packages from me, even International ones so I can live rurally and not have to drive to town and stand in line, taking up their time, poluting and taking up my time and money for gas. <3
tard postman jack

Hemet, CA

#110 May 28, 2015
hey tard jack. you still in postal union praying you dont lose your job..

fact, most people in the usa do have a computer.

you're the type of union moron who i pray gets fired

smh at idiot
tell your boy

Hemet, CA

#111 May 28, 2015
tell your boy to quit stealing mail who works at the counter. he's dumb and looks like he's ready for a stroke which i hope he does.
Uk king

London, UK

#112 Aug 27, 2015
Tommy mate at counter is quite rude and insane. Wanker bloke

Hemet, CA

#115 Sep 18, 2015

New Mexico USPS Window Clerk Gets Prison For Embezzling Over $80,000
Posted on August 23, 2011 by postal

ALBUQUERQUE (August 18, 2011)– This afternoon, a United States District Judge sentenced Yolanda Vallejos, a 48-year-old resident of Albuquerque, to a two-month term of imprisonment to be followed by three years of supervised release for her conviction for theft of federal government property. Vallejos also was ordered to pay $97,025.44 in restitution to the United States Postal Service (USPS), the victim of Vallejo’s’ criminal conduct. Vallejos is required to surrender to a federal correctional institution to be designated by the U.S. Bureau of Prisons within 60 days.

United States Attorney Kenneth J. Gonzales said that, on December 20, 2010, Vallejos plead guilty to an information charging her with embezzling money $80,710.73 from the USPS through the use of fraudulent money orders between December 2005 and August 2007. At the time, Vallejos was employed as a lead sales and service associate at the USPS Airport Station in Albuquerque.

In her plea agreement, Vallejos admitted that, from November 26, 2005 through August 14, 2007, she engaged in a pattern of entering into the USPS computer system fraudulent postal refunds to non-existent customers in order to reduce the amount of cash that had to be in her drawer. As a result of this unlawful conduct, Vallejos stole $16,314.71 in USPS funds from her cash drawer.

Vallejo’s further admitted that, from December 5, 2005 through August 14, 2007, she issuing at least 261 fraudulent USPS money orders with a value of $80,710.73 to herself or for her own use and benefit. Vallejos deposited many of the fraudulent money orders into her bank account, without paying for the money orders.

On August 14, 2007, the USPS placed Vallejos on emergency suspension, and she resigned her employment with the USPS on May 2009.

The case was investigated by the USPS, and was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Cynthia L. Weisman.

Hemet, CA

#116 Sep 18, 2015
Louisiana Postal Clerk Charged With Stealing Over $114,000
Posted on November 5, 2010 by postal
MARY MADER, age 48, a resident of Harahan, LA, was charged today in a one-count bill of information with misappropriation of postal funds relating to the U. S. Postal Service, announced U.S. Attorney Jim Letten.

According to the bill of information, from approximately July 1, 2008 through July 14, 2010, while employed as a U. S. Postal Service employee, MADER converted to her own use, approximately $114,363.25 which came into her control during the performance of her duties.

If convicted, MADER faces a maximum term of imprisonment of ten (10) years, a $250,000.00 fine, and three (3) years of supervised release.

U. S. Attorney Letten reiterated that the bill of information is merely a charge and that the guilt of the defendant must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

The case was investigated by the United States Postal Service, Office of Inspector General. The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U. S. Attorney Sharan E. Lieberman

- See more at: http://www.postalreporternews.net/2010/11/05/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jack Rios and Kitty Carrillo smoking meth in fr... Wed JackRios 2
Hooking up Mar 10 Joe 1
Is it just me, or are people from Hemet really ... (Feb '08) Mar 5 Hbwemail 85
News Woman testifies two brothers on trial in fatal ... (Mar '10) Mar 1 JUAN 5
Im curious about an area of Hemet (Nov '08) Feb 21 tellinitlikeitis 92
Can white people call themselves African American? (Sep '12) Feb '18 Regolith Based Li... 161
unlicened gardners Feb '18 tellinitlikeitis 2

Hemet Jobs

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages