Posted in the Hemet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Witness

Hemet, CA

#1 Feb 4, 2014
I was at a gas station on the corner of Florida and Lyon the other day and I
noticed two Hemet police cars sitting side by side at the stop light facing East bound, There was van directly in front of them, facing West bound in the left turn only lane. The traffic signal was red and the driver of the van decided to turn right. As the van cut across the lane to turn right onto Lyon avenue it cut in front of a pick-up truck. I heard the truck skid to avoid running into the side of the van that made an illegal right hand turn from the left turn only lane. The driver of the truck honked its horn and the van continued north bound on Lyon Avenue.
The two Hemet police officers witnessed the whole thing but didnít bother going after the van that broke the law and almost caused an accident.
I was standing only a few yards away from the police cars and watched as they both rolled their windows down to say something to each other.
When the traffic light changed to green the two Hemet police officers just pulled away as if nothing happened.
Hemet police department is a great disappointment.
Why must the city of Hemet depend on the CHP to patrol Florida avenue?
Jim

Hemet, CA

#2 Feb 4, 2014
Riverside County Sheriff isn't any better. Half the time I see them they are talking on their cell phone while driving, and I don't mean on a bluetooth or hands free. Naturally they will say it was official business, but that's why they have radios in their cars. If they MUST use their cell phones while driving then they should be held to the same standards as the rest of us and use a hands free device.

And if you need one in Hemet on a Saturday morning, just drive by Arturo's Grill on the corner of Meridian and Florida. That's where you will find probably every sheriff deputy on duty eating breakfast all at the same exact time.
Citizen Vigilante

Menifee, CA

#3 Feb 5, 2014
I witnessed a robbery several weeks back, with my kids right there as well. Although I called with it happening, and there was an officer who drove by, it took over a half hour for them to send someone to take the report. It was pretty ridiculous if you ask me. If they were more proactive to crime, Hemet and SJ wouldn't be such a dangerous hellhole. I am in the process of moving away because I can't stomach my 9 and 10 year old kids being constant victims of crime. Pretty sad, we moved out there in July to get away from my crazy ex, and they have witnessed a theft of a neighbor's puppy. The theft of their bikes in our locked backyard, trespassing in our backyard, the robbery at the restaurant we were at...it's crazy.
Chris

Murrieta, CA

#4 Feb 5, 2014
This is odd there was a guy that carjacked someone at a bank atm stole a car and he fled to three houses down from mine a couple of weeks ago. the whole hemet police force was on my street with the anti-mine swat vehicle, shut the street down for about 8 hours
tellinitlikeitis

Houston, TX

#5 Feb 5, 2014
I recommend you get out of that worthless place it should cease to exist
Citizen Vigilante

Menifee, CA

#6 Feb 5, 2014
Chris wrote:
This is odd there was a guy that carjacked someone at a bank atm stole a car and he fled to three houses down from mine a couple of weeks ago. the whole hemet police force was on my street with the anti-mine swat vehicle, shut the street down for about 8 hours
It is nice that they responded that way. Hopefully they can get a handle on this crime, but I don't plan on staying around with my two kids to find out. As soon as I can, I'm getting out of there. It's a pity, Hemet and SJ could be a real cute area.
Pretty_Poison

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Feb 7, 2014
Problem is their slacking ... they kept it up as long as we were putting the heat on them to do something. NOW they have backed off and back to doing nothing.

I guess the meetings need to start back up again, campaigns to replace the Police Chief, get on the States butts about the CHP not doing their jobs here in the valley. We need to write letters again flood the Police station, March carrying signs , make another Facebook page... tell these people we are sick of this, straighten out this city OR else we all need to move out ... or start telling companies who want to come here, like the Hobby Lobby, DO not come to the Valley .
hemet crime watch

Homeland, CA

#8 Feb 8, 2014
I'm a civilian, and also very concerned about our crime. No way is it the polices fault. The police are always handling several calls, you just don't know it. We need more of them unfortunately. Ive lived in some high crime cities, and we have a bad element here, the joblessness has something to do with it.. i recently heard a conversation of two young men comparing how many children out of wedlock they had, and werent working, one had 6. the other 9!!! I wish I had the answer!!!!
The Watcher

Temecula, CA

#9 Feb 9, 2014
When there is a complaint or a question about the Hemet City Police not doing their job. There is always a citizen who comes up with an excuse for them.ďThey might be on a call but you donít know thatĒ.
Well, they all canít be answering a call, all the time.
And if they are on a call, how about flipping on the pretty flashing red lights or something so other drivers can get out of the way.
I see police run stop signs, they donít stop, they just keep rolling.
I came up to a 4-way stop sign yesterday, It was my turn to go but a lady cop pulled up to stop sign on my right and proceeded to roll on through.
Of course I had to stop in the middle of the intersection so she could continue her rolling stop. She proceeded West; Since I was headed that way too. She turned into Starbucks and got into the drive through lane.
So that was her urgent call.
hemet crime watch

Homeland, CA

#10 Feb 10, 2014
Hi the watcher--the police run their lights, when going "code", they do a lot of work, that doesn't always call for lights and sirens. There is alot of prioritizing going on, at all times, We are all getting our moneys worth, hope our hard working police stay safe!!!!! Im just a resident here, not in anyway tied to the hpd. Just a fan. Have a good day.
Pretty_Poison

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Feb 10, 2014
IF you think HPD is doing a good job, then you really need to look around you, cause they are not. Their all show and flash now ... backing off. I see the same two cops parked in the back of the Morman Church on Lyon. They are sitting there , drinking coffee, oh cell phones or chit chatting, thru window to each other. BUT when the heat was put on them , they were not there...they were cruising looking busy.
Chris

Murrieta, CA

#12 Feb 11, 2014
hemet crime watch wrote:
I'm a civilian, and also very concerned about our crime. No way is it the polices fault. The police are always handling several calls, you just don't know it. We need more of them unfortunately. Ive lived in some high crime cities, and we have a bad element here, the joblessness has something to do with it.. i recently heard a conversation of two young men comparing how many children out of wedlock they had, and werent working, one had 6. the other 9!!! I wish I had the answer!!!!
Than why don't hemet eliminate section 8 and re-zone the west end for industry? And Bring some jobs in?( Like Temecula)
Riverside county resident

Hemet, CA

#13 Feb 13, 2014
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Than why don't hemet eliminate section 8 and re-zone the west end for industry? And Bring some jobs in?( Like Temecula)
I know the section 8 crap gets a lot of talk. Does anyone realize that a lot of veterans that came back and have lost their homes qualify for section 8?

Citizens can also request to ride along with the police units to see how things are done. I just dont believe they ALL want to take the chance of losing their jobs and retirement.
Watcher2

Moreno Valley, CA

#16 Feb 25, 2014
hemet crime watch wrote:
Hi the watcher--the police run their lights, when going "code", they do a lot of work, that doesn't always call for lights and sirens. There is alot of prioritizing going on, at all times, We are all getting our moneys worth, hope our hard working police stay safe!!!!! Im just a resident here, not in anyway tied to the hpd. Just a fan. Have a good day.
Yeah, When they are running "code" as you call it, where is the safety? When they are running stop signs while being on an urgent code call, they are putting lives in danger, When they don't have sirens or red lights flashing they are on the road way as a private citizen and should obey the law. I don't buy your opinion that we are getting our moneys worth. Sure being a police officer is a dangerous line of work. But it comes with the territory but why be one if you don't like it? How can you be proud of looking the other way when you know there is a crime being committed? The police should be held to a higher standard and should represent them selves as a servant to the public to protect and to serve. Hemet police has a reputation as slackers so they should work on changing that image to the public. Then perhaps tax payers would be more willing to respect them and pay more for the service. Hemet police need to show RESPECT to the people who are paying their salary.
hemet crime watch

Hemet, CA

#17 Feb 26, 2014
"why be one if you dont like it?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Far from it- your so funny!!!!!!!!!!
what

Temecula, CA

#18 Feb 27, 2014
hemet crime watch wrote:
"why be one if you dont like it?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Far from it- your so funny!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I must have missed the punch line. I don't get it?
Bulldawg

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Mar 21, 2014
Witness wrote:
I was at a gas station on the corner of Florida and Lyon the other day and I
noticed two Hemet police cars sitting side by side at the stop light facing East bound, There was van directly in front of them, facing West bound in the left turn only lane. The traffic signal was red and the driver of the van decided to turn right. As the van cut across the lane to turn right onto Lyon avenue it cut in front of a pick-up truck. I heard the truck skid to avoid running into the side of the van that made an illegal right hand turn from the left turn only lane. The driver of the truck honked its horn and the van continued north bound on Lyon Avenue.
The two Hemet police officers witnessed the whole thing but didnít bother going after the van that broke the law and almost caused an accident.
I was standing only a few yards away from the police cars and watched as they both rolled their windows down to say something to each other.
When the traffic light changed to green the two Hemet police officers just pulled away as if nothing happened.
Hemet police department is a great disappointment.
Why must the city of Hemet depend on the CHP to patrol Florida avenue?
wow, an ALMOST accident happened on florida avenue....jeez get obama on the phone something must be done! at the gas station my azz, you must of been the one that got cut off and now you are all but hurt.
CHRIS

Murrieta, CA

#20 Mar 21, 2014
Riverside county resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the section 8 crap gets a lot of talk. Does anyone realize that a lot of veterans that came back and have lost their homes qualify for section 8?
Citizens can also request to ride along with the police units to see how things are done. I just dont believe they ALL want to take the chance of losing their jobs and retirement.
Section 8 is fine for veterans but they need to put more restrictions on it, we don't need every nicca, and mexican family with 46 kids on it,For that matter this whole "Entitlement" way of thinking needs to be delt with, hard work brings prosperity, no one should get a free ride because of immigrant status or race
Just the facts

Murrieta, CA

#22 Mar 22, 2014
I was wondering if any of that are bitching about your local officers realize Hemet PD is the lowest staffed department for a population the size of Hemet in the State? So until citizens demand that the staffing levels increase those of you in the San Jacinto valley will see your crime increase. See it's not a senior community any longer and all you people stood by while your city elected officials cut the shit out of them. so complain about them all you want, it's really the people that live there that are at fault.

Also there is no Mormon church on Lyon and I'm wondering if the officers are writing reports rather than just drinking coffee and hanging out. Time for a ride-a-long Pretty Poison. also fairly ironic people complain it takes them to long to get to calls and then two post later someone complains they drive two fast. Maybe they could use a time machine to get there.
ActionNeeded

Hemet, CA

#23 Mar 31, 2014
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Than why don't hemet eliminate section 8 and re-zone the west end for industry? And Bring some jobs in?( Like Temecula)
That's the best suggestion I've heard in a long time regarding how to get the city out of the current crime-and-ghetto mess it's in!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
more section 8 housing coming soon 38 min proud sec 8 owners 15
HemetHEMET: Food market's ex-owner convicted of... 10 hr Chris 6
2 females found dead on Girard St in Hemet (Nov '13) 11 hr Chris 57
Boy, Man Found Dead Inside Hemet Home 12 hr Sam 1
ugly women with ugly tattoos!!!!! (Oct '12) 13 hr Stupid asses 99
el toro markets busted! (Jul '13) 17 hr SMAR 44
less blks in hmt since ebola Wed Kuntakinta 3

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match