California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments (Page 224)

Showing posts 4,461 - 4,480 of4,885
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Red Herring

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Haven't seen a red herring all year, what do they look like?
garbonzo

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Six_Of_One wrote:
wWhat the heck is single use about them exactly? There are still bags once they get home!
They are designed to be used a single time, then disposed of. Hence the name. Many responsible people, however, have secondary uses for the bags, such as lining small trashcans, picking up dog poop, etc. Now they must purchase bags for those purposes. This is our government at work.
Red herring

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Haven't seen a red herring all year, what do they look like?
Where do you find them?

“Emblem of the Brave and True”

Since: Sep 10

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

Already in effect in LA and SF so basically its already implemented in the state, Just last week I paid 10 cents for a paper bag because my reusable ran out of room for a gallon of milk, not more than 5 steps out the door the handles broke and tore the bag in half which made my usual 2 block walk home carrying groceries a bit more of a chore. What I don't understand is everything I bought was already packaged in plastic, hell, I'm sure some of the food itself has plastic in it too. Banning plastic bags will have no environmental impact at all. All it does is puts more money in the pockets of corporate supermarkets, already I've seen more shopping carts on the sides of roads since it went into effect. If you don't drive and forget your reusable bag or can't afford a paper bag I wouldn't be surprised seeing people just take the cart home with them. I'm all for helping keep the environment clean, i don't drive, take the bus everywhere, but this is silly to be concerned with bags on the side of the roads that are bottlenecked with cars spewing exhaust fumes each occupied by one person only, the driver. And is it mandated the paper bags they sell the public be made from recycled paper or are they just decimating forests so some smug politicians feel better about bringing home all their pre packaged plastic groceries in biodegradable paper? The problem are the super markets. They are the polluters, give me a fruit and vegetable market,give me a butcher and a baker, where the hell did the milk man go? I don't want to pay 4 dollars for half a pound of cheese because it's packaging is expensive, it may stay fresh longer but we as a nation still throw away billions of dollars worth of food every year anyway. Things need to change but starting at the small end with bags is not going to do a damn thing.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

Nomos Soter wrote:
Already in effect in LA and SF so basically its already implemented in the state, Just last week I paid 10 cents for a paper bag because my reusable ran out of room for a gallon of milk, not more than 5 steps out the door the handles broke and tore the bag in half which made my usual 2 block walk home carrying groceries a bit more of a chore. What I don't understand is everything I bought was already packaged in plastic, hell, I'm sure some of the food itself has plastic in it too. Banning plastic bags will have no environmental impact at all. All it does is puts more money in the pockets of corporate supermarkets, already I've seen more shopping carts on the sides of roads since it went into effect. If you don't drive and forget your reusable bag or can't afford a paper bag I wouldn't be surprised seeing people just take the cart home with them. I'm all for helping keep the environment clean, i don't drive, take the bus everywhere, but this is silly to be concerned with bags on the side of the roads that are bottlenecked with cars spewing exhaust fumes each occupied by one person only, the driver. And is it mandated the paper bags they sell the public be made from recycled paper or are they just decimating forests so some smug politicians feel better about bringing home all their pre packaged plastic groceries in biodegradable paper? The problem are the super markets. They are the polluters, give me a fruit and vegetable market,give me a butcher and a baker, where the hell did the milk man go? I don't want to pay 4 dollars for half a pound of cheese because it's packaging is expensive, it may stay fresh longer but we as a nation still throw away billions of dollars worth of food every year anyway. Things need to change but starting at the small end with bags is not going to do a damn thing.
Nomos Soter.

You are right.

Ronald
Dona worry

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Don't worry it's all taken care of.
Tommy Tomtom

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

Who, who let the bags out?
Donna Need

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

There isn't a worry in the sky, donna need to worry this soon.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

Taxpayer supported university trained revolutionary 60s 70s era ideologues *(druggies)**(now in power)* and their idiot "Love children" take advantage of their control over the masses to stop progress. For example, fast degrading grocery and goods carry bags have been produced by more technologically advanced nations for years. The fish love eating these nutritionally beneficial corn based carry bags. Shredded into compost, these environmentally friendly carry bags are fed by home gardeners to their award winning fruits and vegetables in the garden. The use of these 21st century carry bags saves our friends, the trees. This would put the TREE KILLERS out of business, because there would be no need for paper bags.

In addition, scientist in more inventive entrepreneurial nations have invented a process that can convert oil based plastic carry bags and harassment tax Lowenthal bags and other plastic material into motor vehicle fuel.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/ljhthv6

Source: http://tinyurl.com/mguzjhz

Ronald
Wholesale

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

What about wholesale?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Wholesale wrote:
What about wholesale?
Wholesale.

Yes. You are right. The underlying problem may be the decline in the level of intelligence of the American people since the 60s 70s revolution. But hey! It's a "democracy", ain't it?

Ronald
Mike

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Use a duffle bag.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Mike wrote:
Use a duffle bag.
Mike.

Wasn't that what I just said?

Ronald
Whole sale

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

What about wholesale?
It' the American way.
Trees 4 the Future

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

We need this
Four trees only

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

We need what?
Paco Taco

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Si,I like bad bag very mucho. Where Nancy Polockski?
The usual suspects

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

The usual suspects, we will round them all up
Another crossdresser

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Is it OK to cross dress?
The usual suspects

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

The usual suspects, we will round them all up and take them down to the station

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,461 - 4,480 of4,885
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 47 min Changes 200,321
Black Hair salon in hemet 6 hr red 42
topix needs to remove ads 6 hr ads 5
Annoying Teachers! (Aug '11) 6 hr underpaid 72
Illegal immigrants in Menifee 6 hr thot 13
Support the 2nd Amendment? Vote for Chad Bianco... 6 hr what 2
Musty water? 6 hr water 3
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 2:48AM PDT

•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••