California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments (Page 212)

Showing posts 4,221 - 4,240 of4,551
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
No guest

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

No one wants to guess who you are anymore.
Harry Butt

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

But just in case, who are you?
Bill

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

conaire wrote:
Sure kill another business in the name of junk science and P.C..
Asinine !!
The Law | Oct 24, 2013
Case# 10-2822 there are pictures of John Rankin with the tea party fliers in hand! It is a federal violation John, you and your tea party really made a boo boo today.hopefully beckies BBQ will be willing to cover some of the fines you and your tea party will be spliting up! Thanks for putting out the info today I'm sure you really put a scare into your daddy Gabriel and Frank for stilling RUMS vote on 12th street and had several more ballots in Gabriel vehicle? Can you explain that?
Report this post
vera

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

I don't just know how to start am just short of word's and happy that i would be celebrating my Esther with my wife,Due to the help of dr agbadi,This dr agbadi has brought back happiness into my life that i have lacked for year,My name is Maxwell am from the United State of America,Am just so happy today and today has been the happiest day of my life and this happiness has brought me joy and am so happy,Because dr agbadi brought back my lover tricia into my arms without any delay,After my lover left me for good 2years,i was in deep pain and always thinking because i truly loved Tricia,Until a faithful day listen to the radio due to boredom,Then in which i had a lady shouting in happiness about the great thing dr agbadi has done how dr agbadi brought back her lover back into her arms within 36hours,when i had that goodness i decided in contacting dr agbadi immediately,Because i was desperate in getting in touch with him,So i got in touch with him,Which then i told him my problem and he promised in bringing back Tricia back to my arms within 24hours,And then when i had that Tricia would be back to my arms within 24hours i was so happy and waiting to feel Tricia,And really Tricia came into my arms within 24hours,Begging me for forgiveness,i was so happy when i saw Tricia now my lover is fully back to my arms due to the help of this great man dr agbadi who has bought back happiness into our great country(Usa)Please friend in need of help you don't need to go far all you need to do is for you to kindly contact dr agbadi for help,Because he his trustworthy and straight forward,You can contact him on his private mail,dragbadilaguspelltemple@g mail.com or cell number +2347067607812
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

White folks white folks white folks it's ok my husband is white all the things going on in the world really really. Who really give a S.. About bags right now. This world cares more about the enviroment than people. Trust me mother nature will take care of itself. Just think about what we care about it is to late things become endanger for a reason out with the old in with the new. We can't get along in a world together that we are trying to save. Imagine
Slow grind

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

July 2013

Penn State University has reached settlements with some of the Sandusky victims totaling about $60 million.

The men now but were children when it happened who claim to have been sexually abused by former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.

Still more claims are still pending against the college and Jerry Sandusky. Not to worry Penn State has made and still making Millions so this pay out is not hurting the college at all.

The millions made for the TV rights for it's football and insurance has covered it all.

July 2013
VanGuilder3337xc

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Rancho Murrietta 2 Twahtt wrote:
Hola Almoranas,
Que classe cabrones?
God wants us all to speak the same damn language, that language is the language of the bible, not the stuff you read in the booking center walls or the toilet stalls but good old english. We got to support the teeparty and the end of all free stuff for everybody what aint got it right, don't act right and smell bad and don't talk like the bible say and what lays down with weird stuff and gets up repentant as that is too late. All emergency rooms must stay open late for conversions and repairs but at cost to thers. Now the folks are equal what is the same, say God, but the folks what are not going along and doing what they sis told are NOT equal. Join the REICHSPUBLIKANS, the Teeaparty is your friend if you are not one of THEM or otherwise different.
THIS IS SOMWHERE BETWEEN incredibly stupid/mean, and utterly meaningless drivel wandering down your ketchup crusted chin to your life stiff dried sweat and grease baptized cheap shirt.
Either that or it is yet another preposterous religious exercise and is covered by some law which would prohibit me from commenting and barfing. who knows or cares?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Black momma wrote:
White folks white folks white folks it's ok my husband is white all the things going on in the world really really. Who really give a S.. About bags right now. This world cares more about the enviroment than people. Trust me mother nature will take care of itself. Just think about what we care about it is to late things become endanger for a reason out with the old in with the new. We can't get along in a world together that we are trying to save. Imagine
Black momma.

Please don't blame de few remaining White folks. Long Beach is controlled by a coalition of radical South Asian "Blacks", de Africans, our Homosexual friends and de lesbians and a couple of ineffectual wannabes. They are united in support for Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment taxes, de seeking of legalization of the keeping of goats in de city, and for de demonization and de ostracization of decent city residents who enjoy the simple pleasure of an occasional tobacco product at taxpayer owned city bus stops, parks and beach. Their concern -if any - about de African violence - whom dey euphemistically say is committed by "children" and "young people" - is apparently far down de list of their priorities

Ronald
Stew Posts

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

These posts are just canned BS so keep on posting anyway.
Ron Raygun

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

You can outlaw all the bags in the world, but don't outlaw my mommy ( Nancy Old Bag Raygun )!
Stew Posts

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Slop feeding time, isn't it?

Keep the dumb and happy, very happy.

No brain cell then perfect for City Council
Tommy Tucker

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Please take a Azusa!
Opooo

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Ooops..

Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

This warning is BULL, since my post is very tame compared tot eh racist insults and etc. this so called moderator allows to be posted.
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Opooo wrote:
Ooops..
Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.
This warning is BULL, since my post is very tame compared tot eh racist insults and etc. this so called moderator allows to be posted.
Thank you finally I thought I was the only one. What happen to the rebels of the world. Example a word who makes these rules no one can think for themselves your conduct must be appropriate and proper.( Fornication)(under) the (consent) of the (king) now abbreviated later on down the line this thru the king to get married.
Boycott these stupid

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

The Muslim religion hates women as much as the Republicans, GOP, RNC and the Tea Party.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/21...

Previous cases in the UAE have raised similar questions, with alleged sexual assault victims facing charges for sex-related offenses.

Other legal codes also have been criticized for being at odds with the Western-style openness promoted by Dubai.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Except Republicans support reporting rape and strong punishment for rapists; we don't blame the victim the way liberals do.
Blarney Google

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

The lady what called us Reichspublicans izza chit and a dope and a demoncat. All we want is for things to change back to where they should be and then all will be equal and right and comfortable and safe and free. This will be so for all who want to get along and of course not for those who refuse to get along, they must be sent south and NEVER allowed to crawl back in. Women want this time back too. When they knew what was expected of them, what men wanted and what to do when told and were safe and happy for it. When god and country were respected and individual freedom meant doing what was right and not messing with what you knew was right because you had been shown and told the standards and knew what they were and you had just better get on with it and stop trying to be something that was not what was allowed by a higher power. Be happy.
Palace

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Pickle palace Republicans come in a jar or on a stick.

Remember Boehner don't know squat, That's why they named him Boe-Hner.

Boe don't know a Hner he don't like, that's another reason he like shamans tissue paper a lot.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Liz Cheney for Senate!
Golden

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Not a problem any more, tough apples for those who don't like it.

Make change and move on, don't be like the stupid republican.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,221 - 4,240 of4,551
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
HEMET: Council OK's Tres Cerritos project (Mar '12) 14 min End of YOUR World 3
Alleged Hookers Disrupt Hemet Businesses (Feb '09) 38 min Jesse Jackson 74
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Here Spot 199,070
Edy's Placed Closed by Health Department 7 hr Donnie 1
Single men in Hemet 15 hr Poor Hemet 4
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 hr lug heads 7,298
morning sky school in mountain center ca (Mar '13) Tue Jason schoenek 37
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••