California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments (Page 195)

Showing posts 3,881 - 3,900 of4,885
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

sparkarov you rock
Beepers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Back way off on the gun control.
mbw6

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Xmas Loving American Lady wrote:
The reason they dont allow bags is because we cant buy enough to fill them with what the dollar ISNT worth anymore. The reason for that is that the wealthy insist on having ever more and they only want to tear it from what we collectively thought was once ours. An early step was the mortgage thingo whereby they stripped out all that equity that us poor dumb slobs had somehow managed to earn and store away even if wages have gone down and buying power has gone down and collective bargaining has gone down. All these DOWNS are on our side of the balance sheet. While we earn ever less for doing more under less safe and with less security, THEY have taken an outrageously LARGER slice of the pie they already ate most of. Corporate bosses now make 40% more from doing less while we are making 33.8% less from doing two or more jobs. While some dumb slob gets a major sentence for petty crime the bosses get 100 (+) Million bonuses for bankrupting the country and our futures. The American Dream trap is always dangled before us saying " If you go along and meekly allow and invite the rape of our future, you can earn the right to dream that you might be, heh-heh, wealthy one day and become the rapist rather than the raped". Jeeez, that is a dream?
SHUT TF UP!. If you bother the ruling bosses they wont ever let you get near the top. STOP WHINING. You are spoiling it for us, and we weont get nothing if them bosses is mad, they dont care which one of us cried out they will punish us all. SHUT T F UP!!!!!!
Bayers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

DOW took a -111.66 points drop today.

April 03, 2013, Wall Street drops on signs of weak USA economy, and world problems like North Korea.
The Infantile left Winged

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

The reason they dont allow bags is because we cant buy enough to fill them with what the dollar ISNT worth anymore. The reason for that is that the wealthy insist on having ever more and they only want to tear it from what we collectively thought was once ours. An early step was the mortgage thingo whereby they stripped out all that equity that us poor dumb slobs had somehow managed to earn and store away even if wages have gone down and buying power has gone down and collective bargaining has gone down. All these DOWNS are on our side of the balance sheet. While we earn ever less for doing more under less safe and with less security, THEY have taken an outrageously LARGER slice of the pie they already ate most of. Corporate bosses now make 40% more from doing less while we are making 33.8% less from doing two or more jobs. While some dumb slob gets a major sentence for petty crime the bosses get 100 (+) Million bonuses for bankrupting the country and our futures. The American Dream trap is always dangled before us saying " If you go along and meekly allow and invite the rape of our future, you can earn the right to dream that you might be, heh-heh, wealthy one day and become the rapist rather than the raped". Jeeez, that is a dream?
The pure unadulterated liberal ignorance is truly astounding!
You liberal idiots truly do not know that the Fed printing $88 Billion a month out of thin air creates massive inflation and major devaluation of the dollar???
Your pure unadulterated ignorance? It truly is astounding!
Bayers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Main-steaming

Load the tubes and launch~
Ned the Plumber

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
The pure unadulterated liberal ignorance is truly astounding!
You liberal idiots truly do not know that the Fed printing $88 Billion a month out of thin air creates massive inflation and major devaluation of the dollar???
Your pure unadulterated ignorance? It truly is astounding!
Is that you, Chavez? You old fag how the hell are you? Good to hear you are out. The shots worked, what about you chicken? How about that transorbital thingo, hey? How is your stitching? Ma says Hi. She says all kinds of crap but she did say Hi. Not necessarily to you but, what the hell, right? I think I'm now on part time with T S A. That is a hoot grabass job. She's hollerin so I'll go. Bye.
Raoul s Place Hoboken

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Well okay, but what can we do? Seems like the whole show has been sold to the top and that all we do is run around in the ant farm to amuse them basturds. Better grab what you can from the crumbs that fall. Can't fix this.

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Ned the Plumber wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that you, Chavez? You old fag how the hell are you? Good to hear you are out. The shots worked, what about you chicken? How about that transorbital thingo, hey? How is your stitching? Ma says Hi. She says all kinds of crap but she did say Hi. Not necessarily to you but, what the hell, right? I think I'm now on part time with T S A. That is a hoot grabass job. She's hollerin so I'll go. Bye.
Obviously, you too... Your pure unadulterated ignorance? It truly is astounding!
Station

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

What does the tea leaves say about you today?
BIG johnson

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

liberal -progressives ,...the new thought police - " dont you EVEN dare even think like that ! "
Saps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Both Judy Nelson of the Glendora city council, California and Debbie Neal of the military banner group in Glendora, California are a couple of misguided dangerous FOOLS.

Much to the outrage of parents, some students at a Massachusetts middle school this week were denied lunch. The 25 kids in question weren't allowed to eat because they couldn't afford to pay.

These two screeches' would be in favor of doing what the Mass. middle school did, since they are both tea party member's.

Ad over the hill, useless air breathers, in fact both of them supported calling children wild ANIMALS and no need to feed them.

The entire Glendora, California city council supported them both:

Karen Davis

Judy Nelson

Gene Murabito

Douglas Tessitor

Joseph Santoro

Debbie Neal
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

It is well known that reusable grocery bags are the primary source for spreading the Escherichia coli killer bacterium. Does anyone know whether or not revolutionary Council has any plans to track down and apprehend trendy "reusable" grocery bag users?

I have been besieged by hysterical children who claim they have actually witnessed reusable grocery bags being sat upon the check-out counters of revolutionary Council controlled grocery stores - as hard as that may be to believe.

I have tried to contact the politicized Council controlled secret police to discuss this problem, but they refuse to accept calls that do not transmit identifying telephone numbers of callers.

Like so many other elderly overtaxed Long Beachers when the Government controlled telephone company introduced caller ID I did not sign up for it. I fear being arrested were the secret police to construe any such inquiry made to 911 to be "frivolous". I do not want to chance spending the few remaining days left to me being eaten by huge rats and bitten by gigantic bloodsucking lice while I rot in some Government jail.

Anyone with any information regarding whether revolutionary Council is actively engaged in tracking down and apprehending users of disease spreading reusable grocery bags will be appreciated. I promise to relay any information that the informant may post on to the children.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/c9exroy

Source: http://tinyurl.com/c6sep8q

Ronald

Minden, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Saps wrote:
Both Judy Nelson of the Glendora city council
These two screeches' would be in favor of doing what the Mass. middle school did, since they are both tea party member's.
Hey scary stupid thing.
What proof do you have that these tw0 Ca. council members are tea party members?
Or is it just as always? You are talking out your empty ass/face.
Geotrump

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

E Coli has increased sunstatially due to people using bags multiple times. You must toss or wash bags that carried meat products. They are not banning the bags they are just going to make you pay for them. Nanny State.
SkinTight

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

One of the issues during the Measure B campaign was whether the law really would drive away producers.

The early signs are it will.
Lefties In Charge

Clearlake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Lefties in Charge wrote:
The City Council of Ukiah has banned merchants from using bags unless purchased.
The City Council should get a clothing allowance to buy turtlenecks to hide the scar tissue from the circumsion.
Saint Safety the Patron State of Harassment.
The so called do gooders really are not good.
Look at all the freedoms we have lost over the years.
In the Declaration It States Happiness Not Hippie Mess!
This group have fallen on thier head.
Their mothers should have given head so we would not have to bother with whats in their head.
Granny Knows Nuttin

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Was I not surprised to read the XcXcXc report detailing that once again B of A, Chevron, Pfizer and at least 174 other BIGGGGG companies will again pay no income tax, while mine will go up at the same moment that me buying power diminishes. Ditto that each company has some HIGHLY compensated top dogs who will pay less taxes than the senior center's janitor does and we dont have a janitor that we pay a cent to. On top of that the bassturds now wanna take me bags?
Hey Boner, preserve the Jobcreators you painted fairy fart. Boner, where are the jobs, eh? The 'bamna is gonna give away social security to appease them? Whatsis krapp??

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

When the cashier asks, "Plastic or paper?" I always say I want my purchase in double-bagged plastic. It makes it easier to carry and when I get home, I put the bags inside another plastic bag in the closet.

When I have too many bags, I take them out to the barbeque pit late at night and set them on fire. I'm testing whether those greenhouse gas emissions will warm the climate. So far, I haven't noticed a global climate change that correlates with my experiments.

Back to the drawing board...
DanFogole

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Looks like the bible thumpers are out voted again!

Next problem to solve.

Plastic, it's just a shame isn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,881 - 3,900 of4,885
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 32 min PEE PEE PETE 200,322
Black Hair salon in hemet 2 hr Chris 43
topix needs to remove ads 9 hr ads 5
Annoying Teachers! (Aug '11) 9 hr underpaid 72
Illegal immigrants in Menifee 9 hr thot 13
Support the 2nd Amendment? Vote for Chad Bianco... 9 hr what 2
Musty water? 9 hr water 3
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 2:48AM PDT

•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••