California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,117

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Two Twotts Tottu

Sonoma, CA

#4524 Apr 1, 2013
Sure enough. Y'all gotta join us in the TEAPARTY to end everything that them bums want and cry about and get us right on back to where we be happy at. January 23, 1951. NO TO EVERYTHING until 2016 when we re-take the white house and win all them seats as this is the last election and it gone to count as the most important until we start the Dominion. NO WELFARE CHEX> NO MEDICALCARE CHEX> NO SOCILIZED SECURITY CHEX> NO DISTRABILITY CHEX> NO IMMIGRNTS>NO NOTHING UNTIL then, and only maybe after that if GOD wills it and tells the chosen which aint you.. Only god knows and we wont tell as he asnt say yet. NNNNNOOOOOOO.
Flounder

Covina, CA

#4525 Apr 1, 2013
Eat fish, live longer?

Healthday // Healthday.

Study finds link between blood levels of omega-3s and longevity.

Since: Mar 13

San Jose, CA

#4526 Apr 2, 2013
Thank god i dont live in california, this would really put a damper on my shopping experience
War news

Covina, CA

#4527 Apr 2, 2013
Not checkers but war

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4528 Apr 2, 2013
Why hate single use bags? You should hear the way they talk about tea bags...
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4529 Apr 2, 2013
The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
KKK Terrorist Arm of the Democratic Party.
THE RACIST, BLOODY TRUTH ABOUT DEMOCRATS...
The Democrats:
Democrats fought to expand slavery while Republicans fought to end it.
Democrats passed those discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.
Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.
Democrats supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand slavery.
Democrats supported and backed the Dred Scott Decision.
Democrats opposed educating blacks and murdered our teachers.
Democrats fought against anti-lynching laws.
Democrats opposed:
The Emancipation Proclamation
The 13th Amendment
The 14th Amendment
The 15th Amendment
The Reconstruction Act of 1867
The Civil Rights of 1866
The Enforcement Act of 1870
The Forced Act of 1871
The Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871
The Civil Rights Act of 1875
The Freeman Bureau
The Civil Rights Act of 1957
The Civil Rights Act of 1960
The United State Civil Rights Commission
http://realdemocrathistory.wordpress.com/cate...
The Infantile left Winged.

You make a powerful case for the Democrat party. You seem to overlook the fact, though, that after the 60s 70s revolutionaries seized control, the "new" Democrat party is no longer the same as the old Democrat party.

Ronald

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4531 Apr 2, 2013
its good to ban plastic
we are responsible for environment
Wasteful

Covina, CA

#4532 Apr 2, 2013
Once again those crazy people in city hall of Glendora, California have wasted tax payers dollars in printing a propaganda news paper and wasting tax payers dollars in mailing it to every resident.
The Infantile left Winged

Chico, CA

#4534 Apr 2, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
The Infantile left Winged.
You make a powerful case for the Democrat party. You seem to overlook the fact, though, that after the 60s 70s revolutionaries seized control, the "new" Democrat party is no longer the same as the old Democrat party.
Ronald
Yeah right! lol
The demorats are the biggest racists and so called minority exploiters ever!
Stormy Teabagger

Sonoma, CA

#4535 Apr 2, 2013
The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right! lol
The demorats are the biggest racists and so called minority exploiters ever!
`
`
That is just the way it be. Them lesbins in N korea want us to buy they bags and that is why I join the TEAparty as them bags is my right and I aint gone give em up no way no how. Now they got rokets and want to send imgrants here on them rokets all of em got bags and weird sht that will just spoil everthing. We must drill for new oil in the sands & pits & in the oceans & sea & rivers & creeks & the back yards of them commy fagitz who wont let us hunt there to make bags for all and jobs for us all.
South A

Covina, CA

#4537 Apr 2, 2013
That's after he left his wife for a South American beauty?

M. Stanford wins Republican primary?

What's wrong with the stupid Republican's?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#4538 Apr 2, 2013
Very cool. Hope this comes through. I'm not as environmentally friendly as I should be, but this is a step in the right direction. Thankfully I have the sense to bring my own bags.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4539 Apr 2, 2013
sparkarov wrote:
Very cool. Hope this comes through. I'm not as environmentally friendly as I should be, but this is a step in the right direction. Thankfully I have the sense to bring my own bags.
sparkarov.

You have a love of the environment. That is commendable. Do you also have a love of our innocent little children? Do you give more than lip service to that love by having your reusable grocery bags certified as pathogen-free by qualified Government epidemiologists prior to their reuse?

Ronald
Bags suck

Elk Grove, CA

#4540 Apr 2, 2013
I'm glad to see bags finally get banned...Bags freakin suck anyways. Like I was on the bus the other day and this chick wouldn't shut up, and this old dude was like "Shut up u old bag" and I thought that was pretty cool. Not only because he put his foot down but it's funny when two old people get into it. Maybe they should just have all the bags move to the same place, and then they can just say hey listen u turds....you're all getting banned from now on....I'm pretty sure that would solve a lot of problems.
ATTENTION

United States

#4541 Apr 2, 2013
+7646 church proofread interesting interest limit
Trap Shuts

Covina, CA

#4542 Apr 2, 2013
A fool from a disgraced legal firm (that thinks it's OK to insult minorities) tried to stop yet another business from starting up in the Glendora, California village.
Xmas Loving American Lady

Sonoma, CA

#4544 Apr 3, 2013
The reason they dont allow bags is because we cant buy enough to fill them with what the dollar ISNT worth anymore. The reason for that is that the wealthy insist on having ever more and they only want to tear it from what we collectively thought was once ours. An early step was the mortgage thingo whereby they stripped out all that equity that us poor dumb slobs had somehow managed to earn and store away even if wages have gone down and buying power has gone down and collective bargaining has gone down. All these DOWNS are on our side of the balance sheet. While we earn ever less for doing more under less safe and with less security, THEY have taken an outrageously LARGER slice of the pie they already ate most of. Corporate bosses now make 40% more from doing less while we are making 33.8% less from doing two or more jobs. While some dumb slob gets a major sentence for petty crime the bosses get 100 (+) Million bonuses for bankrupting the country and our futures. The American Dream trap is always dangled before us saying " If you go along and meekly allow and invite the rape of our future, you can earn the right to dream that you might be, heh-heh, wealthy one day and become the rapist rather than the raped". Jeeez, that is a dream?
AM station

Covina, CA

#4545 Apr 3, 2013
Still stinking up the air waves, AM?

Since: Aug 08

#4546 Apr 3, 2013
AM station wrote:
Still stinking up the air waves, AM?
What's wrong baby?...NPR isn't getting funded by the Nazi-left?
Vermillion

Covina, CA

#4547 Apr 3, 2013
Just can't shake loose the VerMillion stick roaches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How come all Hemet sex offenders addresses aren... (Dec '08) 17 hr lARRY mILLER9626 12
Review: R G Deck Coatings Inc 19 hr Annonymous 1
San Jacinto Woman Accused of Stabbing Boyfriend... Wed lupita garcia 1
corruption with Riverside county CPS Wed Chris 10
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 23 Amazed 12
San JacintoUnlock parks, San Jacinto residents say Dec 22 SJskin 1
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Dec 22 hemetone 2

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE