California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,068

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4453 Mar 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^I waited behind Patty in line at the supermarket. The conveyor was filthy with debris from her car, I think she keeps her pets their when she travels.
Brian_G.

Overtaxed and underrepresented Long Beachers must UNITE NOW to put an end to child abusers. How many little children are being victimized by trendy users of the latest "feel-good" fad - unsanitary heavily taxed disease spreading reusable grocery bags? Let us demand "anti-consumer" - pro-increased BIG FOOD PROFITS revolutionary Council end the violence that is being perpetrated against OUR innocent little children for the sake of filthy lucre!

Ronald
Shame WC SCE

La Puente, CA

#4454 Mar 18, 2013
And to thnk about it, he has made his judgements runing the city using a racist mind set.

Steve Herfert a local city councilman from West Covina, California and a employee of Southern California Edison, appears to have been a long time racists.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4455 Mar 19, 2013
Does anyone know whether or not revolutionary Council has made a "study" to determine the number of pedophiles who are using disease spreading reusable grocery bags?

Ronald
2013 repubCrooks

La Puente, CA

#4456 Mar 19, 2013
There really trying hard to shut down the most interesting thing in the news right now, crooked Republican.

A great big frankies for you cranky old republicans etc.
2013 repubCrooks

La Puente, CA

#4457 Mar 19, 2013
And to thnk about it, he has made his judgements runing the city using a racist mind set.

Steve Herfert a local city councilman from West Covina, California and a employee of Southern California Edison, appears to have been a long time racists.

This could be what Steve Herfert is doing: the number of pedophiles who are using disease spreading reusable grocery bags?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4458 Mar 19, 2013
2013 repubCrooks wrote:
This could be what Steve Herfert is doing: the number of pedophiles who are using disease spreading reusable grocery bags?
2013 repubCrooks.

I was referring to revolutionary Council. I had no intent to disturb the taxpayer supported resident schizophrenic.

Ronald
ForgRats

La Puente, CA

#4459 Mar 19, 2013
All those ForgRats from the RNC, GOP, Republican and Tea Party fanggers.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4460 Mar 19, 2013
Maybe California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail stores because there free.

You know how much the far left hates freedom.

“Boing, boing, boing, boing,”

Since: Aug 08

..boing, boing, boing, boing,.

#4461 Mar 19, 2013
Smelly far-lefties.
Suzie W

Sonoma, CA

#4462 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
I just bring my own bags when I go shopping. It's really not that hard.
`
My Daddy sayss that they wont let you bring your own bags because they know what kind of bags they want you to have and they want to sell those bags to you because they have a BIGG contract with the Chinese country to sell those bags and the Chinese country is making those bags a lot and then s they want to shipp them and then what happens when you bring your own bag and wont buy their bagg? We know that would cause what Mrs. R calls CHAOSS. There would be great piles of bags and great piles of Angry Chinese conuntry and then there would be you trying to get your tuna and the bottle of 20/20 you sneak every nite time and then the Chinese would get MADD and you would not get your tuna and the bottle in the house and then what would happen with the magazine that you buy and have under your mattresss, HAH! I seen that kind of magazine in the I wont tell. Then there would be CHAOSS and there would be war and you would be the cause and then gas goes up and bonds go down and the rent flies out the window like love. All because for old baggs.
Yes yes yes

La Puente, CA

#4463 Mar 19, 2013
And the "drum of stupity" keeps druming on.
Morse 6b6

Sonoma, CA

#4464 Mar 20, 2013
How right you are. The drum beats and we tweats. Twotts tweat tewifically toward twingo. Hey, what about the fact that D Trump has an option on all these old bags? Is there a bag conspiracy? Is there a Bag gap? How do Iranian bags, or NKorean bags figure in this and the Koke Bros are talking about buying some more countries where they might make bags and cous cous cheaper. Sarah Palin is next to god, poor guy. Is it true she only bathes during ceratin types of solar flares and smells like costco limburger rubbed on a lamp?
YesZZOO

La Puente, CA

#4465 Mar 20, 2013
And the "drum of stupity" keeps druming on, why waste the time somewhere else.
Lefties in Charge

Clearlake, CA

#4466 Mar 20, 2013
The City Council of Ukiah has banned merchants from using bags unless purchased.
The City Council should get a clothing allowance to buy turtlenecks to hide the scar tissue from the circumsion.

Long Beach, CA

#4467 Mar 20, 2013
Sounds like a WHOLE BUNCH of people forgot to take their meds recently....
Fran Dan Wan

Sonoma, CA

#4468 Mar 20, 2013
Take two blue and watch tv for the rest of your life. This is in code.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4469 Mar 21, 2013
If Earth's environment is so fragile it depends on the type of bags you use to carry groceries, maybe life was a mistake and our planet's not worth saving.
Marshall Lawe

Sonoma, CA

#4470 Mar 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
If Earth's environment is so fragile it depends on the type of bags you use to carry groceries, maybe life was a mistake and our planet's not worth saving.
`
EXACTAMENTO!
Stop all whining and enjoy the TEAPARTY. We know the truth and that is that God says "do unto others before they do unto you". This means that there is no bag problem only bag sellers and we all need to be armed against bag profiteers. These guys have been buying up bags from the REDS and saving them and now want to move on and make the profit that god promises and this crap no bag crap is in their way. You may be invested in this too and not know it and if you skwawk and holler too much the coin goes out the door. Now the real problem is the damn workers trying to get unions. NO unions. That is not gods way. When they get together they think up crap like more money and then we have less profit and that is not the way truth and light. We cant be responsible for others needs and the bums, drunks, old, sick, hungry and thirsty cant say nothing that we want to hear 'cept yassir, right away sir!
Michelle

Livermore, CA

#4471 Mar 21, 2013
It took us some time to get used to this and still forget to bring our reusable bags. One day we will remember.
HorderS

La Puente, CA

#4472 Mar 21, 2013
These people are lost in the woods because they can't see thee tree in the forest.

Once again we have the (stupid) RNC, GOP, Republican and Tea Party wackO's to thank for the latest US Government Shut Down

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 52 min subscibe 15,995
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 54 min Adds up 200,938
Why is hemet racist ?!? 2 hr lARRY mILLER 24
is there a hobby shop in town? (Aug '11) 5 hr Ilike 8
kim 9 hr Hmt street drivers 5
Editorial: Hemet ends long tradition, outsource... 10 hr Hemet Native 3
Anyone hearing the damm alarm by hemet mall , b... 16 hr hmt cali 1
•••

Flood Warning for Riverside County was issued at September 16 at 8:34PM PDT

•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs