California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments
3,781 - 3,800 of 4,885 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 21
Trough

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

CPAC - GOP, Republican and Tea Party member's are just a bunch of racists pigs!

Convention of the KKK-CPAC committee met today in Michigan.

Oink, oink!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Edith wrote:
How many of us know the names of th morons who voted in this law? Vote.
Edith.

It is my understanding that the Southern Californian ringleader of the original outrage of imposing Lowenthal grocery bag harassment taxes on the minority of Long Beachers who are not provided taxpayer funded food stamps was Big Lowenthal. She, along with the enthusiastic support of her like minded ideological Council mate, Big Garcia, and what passes for a "conservative" member of revolutionary Long Beach Council, Big DeLong, authored the original motion in December 2010. This triumvirate then asked the entire revolutionary Long Beach Council to consider directing the City Attorney to draft an ordinance which had the effect of criminalizing competitive minded non-union grocery stores that provide plastic grocery bags for the convenience of their hard working customers who do not use expensive taxpayer provided food stamps.

As most Southern Californians know, Long Beach is home to one of the most radical of the State's unbelievably expensive taxpayer funded universities, probably second only to that of Berkeley, of filthy speech and "free sex" fame. There, elderly overpaid and underworked taxpayer supported "professors" spend their time dreaming up nutty schemes such as the Lowenthal grocery bag harassment tax. Often, "university educated" Councils' who received their taxpayer funded political indoctrination in these institutions of higher "learning" succeed in imposing "anti-consumer" laws such as this on the State's entire population. A good example of this tactic is the ongoing efforts of radical Long Beach revolutionary Council to inflict on behalf of their "protected" unionized BIG FOOD pals the Lowenthal grocery bag harassment tax on the State's entire worker ("middle") class population.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/av4tbzx

Source: http://tinyurl.com/a5mcdfu

Source: http://tinyurl.com/bgrq986

Source: http://tinyurl.com/azkqelq

Ronald
SmackerS

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

But now that Obamaís won a second four-year term, itís unclear whether Palin might dig in and further oppose the president, or re-position herself for future relevance within.

Whats left of her fuzzy brain?
Morton Feinbaum Officex39

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

The story that enthralls is that of the last, now jailed, pope and his attempt to expose the scheme that sarah palin and he discovered with the help of the K bros secret organization. He was preparing to deliver a homily that detailed how the n. kopreans and libayan iranian lesbian antagonists have been innoculating our foods with estrogen and the fact that these foods have been causing women to get fat and grow beards and be mad all the time and exhibit symptoms of 'roid rage. While men were losing hair and growing breasts and dumpy guts & butts as a result while expressing no opinions on anything that made the least real agrarian neotopic sense and caused them to be instead passive as the country of origin was taken over by morons from outer space, such morons now running the governments and gas vents. Two entire cruise liners were to have carried 3,425 people each to save the pope and release the study on this monstrous plot but are being forced to remain in port and undergo chemical "de-briefing" befor being returned to ports from which they did not disembark. Pherg, pfffft!
JustTheFacts

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Just the facts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

This is what he GOP, Republican
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

The overtaxed and underrepresented increasingly impoverished worker ("middle") class minority of Long Beachers who do not use expensive taxpayer provided food stamps (expensive taxpayer funded EBT cards) to pay for their groceries often hear of the epidemic of disease carrying head lice that are being transmitted to children in expensive taxpayer funded forced Big Government schools.

Now it is being reported that painful bed bugs are being transmitted at the same locales via reusable backpacks. These backpacks are constructed using the same materials as are heavily taxed disease spreading "reusable" grocery bags.

One taxpayer supported Government school principal has suggested students of her school keep all textbooks and library books inside the school and to use clear plastic bags to carry their belongings.

This would never work in revolutionary Council controlled Long Beach where the criminalization of the possession of such clear plastic bags has already begun.

Because of the implementation of 60s 70s social programs by the revolutionaries who control the overtaxing State of California, the jails have become so overcrowded that high paid agenda driven Government judges are demanding their politician pals release hardened criminals back into the community "early".

The taxpaying minority of radical Long Beach can ill afford the building of more jails that would be needed to incarcerate children in possession of clear plastic bags.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/b8bvt94

Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

I just bring my own bags when I go shopping. It's really not that hard.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

guest wrote:
I just bring my own bags when I go shopping. It's really not that hard.
guest.

That's just what our despotic wealthy revolutionary ruling class want us to do.

Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

I do it because it makes sense, not because some imaginary "ruling class" tells me to.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

guest wrote:
I do it because it makes sense, not because some imaginary "ruling class" tells me to.
guest.

Perhaps. But how do we respond to those who say your servile tail-wagging compliance is the result of your being heir to the failed "go along to get along" philosophy that came out of the 60s 70s revolutionary era?

Ronald
BeeWax

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

I knew bees wax could build up in your ears, but never over your eye holes?

TIME TO RECYCLE.
Misterered

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Well, they be planning for you to expect to be buying not so much as you can only carry. That way, later when you got much less dollars and can buy near nothing you is already for that in practice.
NAACP

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

I heard steve herfert has been hiding out from the several residents of West Covina and several newspaper reporters from the Los Angeles Times newspaper.

Since the LOS ANGELES TIMES REPORTERS are the only HONEST newspaper left in the local area that can be trusted no the be a pile of lying dogs in bed with racists members of local city councils like Glendora, California.

Keep running you lying racists dog, Steve Herfert from West Covina, California city council. Do yourself a favor Steve Herfert step down from the city council since your a worthless pieces of dung.

George Ogden ALSO CONSPIRED WITH Ken Herman from the Glendora, California city council finally had to sell his home in Glendora and leave the state of California.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

[fr guest:

>I just bring my own bags when I go shopping. It's really not that hard.<

So do we. We keep the bags in the car trunk, that way they're always ready!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Pattysboi wrote:
[fr guest:
>I just bring my own bags when I go shopping. It's really not that hard.<
So do we. We keep the bags in the car trunk, that way they're always ready!
Pattysboi.

Are you aware that dark automobile trunks are the perfect environment for dangerous pathogens to grow? Are you aware that studies have shown that reusable grocery bag transmitted pathogens are killing children and our old folks? Most trendy Long Beachers who use disease spreading reusable grocery bags are childless. Shouldn't a portion of the hard earned taxpayer money that is used to promote the Lowenthal grocery bag harassment tax loophole be used to inform that effete group of the danger?(as if they would care)

Source: http://tinyurl.com/cwcc4uy

Ronald
Cracks Appear

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Once again cracks are appearing in CITY COUNCILMAN Steve Herferts defense of him using racists language during a recorded West Covina, California city council meeting.

February 05, 2013
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

The children often ask me how they can best avoid being killed as a result of the pathogens that are being spread throughout the city by trendy uncaring food eaters who use reusable grocery bags. I always remind them that hard earned taxpayer money is used to fund the city's taxpayer owned Health Department.

I inform the frightened little kiddies there is a way. I advise the little tykes to form political action committees at their expensive taxpayer funded Government schools. Once formed, grass root support from their fellow students could be organized to put pressure on their wealthy taxpayer funded Government Big Teachers. Demands could be made that the Big Teachers contact their union. Because of the pressure the kiddies united can exert, Big Union Bosses would find it to be an easy face-saving matter to have their politician pals deploy Health Department epidemiologists at the entrance to every Council controlled grocery store. Once deployed, they could use their police powers to detain reusable grocery bag users until they provide acceptable Government certification showing their grocery bags have been cleaned and sanitized at a Government approved and licensed facility.

It's time a grass roots "get tough" policy be undertaken. Let's take that first step, that first step that is necessary to stop the use of unsanitary children's health jeopardizing reusable grocery bags.

Ronald
Cracks Appear

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Still a hot topic down here in West Covina, California.

Where secret accounts are held by political insiders on the city council.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Pattysboi wrote:
[fr guest: >I just bring my own bags when I go shopping. It's really not that hard.< So do we. We keep the bags in the car trunk, that way they're always ready!
^^^I waited behind Patty in line at the supermarket. The conveyor was filthy with debris from her car, I think she keeps her pets their when she travels.
Horse hills

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Did I mention that Steve Herfert of West Covina, California city councilman who used offensive RACISTS language live during a Feburary 05, 2013 city council meeting is a life long hardcore GOP, Republican an Tea Party Member.

And hid filthy buddy George Ogden, both of them have been lying real low as of late, Mike Touhey being a leader in racists attacks too.

Steve Herfert works of Southern California Edison, city councilman for West Covian, California.

George Ogden works for the city of West Covina, California as a commissioner and claims to write for the sgvexaminer.com newspaper of Glendora, California.

Mike Touhey now works for a local water district and was a city councilman for West Covian, California. and landdevelope and lobbyist on the city council for developers and getting paid front and backdoor acounts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr snodder 200,343
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 4 hr snodder 2,252
stetson townhomes (Aug '13) 14 hr i want one 3
New to Hemet; Impression (Aug '12) 16 hr love hemet 15
good restaurants in Hemet (Jan '11) 16 hr love mickey ds 127
25 most dangerous citys in Us. (Nov '10) 16 hr senior center 27
hemet fireworks? (Jul '09) 16 hr no fireworks 33
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••