WTF?: Jobs held by barely English-speaking personnel at KFC, elsewhere

Posted in the Hemet Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
RestoreAmerica

Hemet, CA

#1 Oct 26, 2011
This week I drove up to the drive-thru of the Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet on East Florida Avenue. It soon became apparent that I -- an English-speaking American who's always enjoyed learning phrases in foreign languages, and who even learned Spanish well enough to receive extra pay at work for being bilingual -- could not understand the HEAVY Spanish accent and pronunciation of the person taking my order at the drive-thru sign.
What in the world are the owners of KFC, Carl's Jr. and other fast-food places thinking by manning their drive-thru's (and often their in-store counters) with people who barely speak English intelligibly?
When I FINALLY basically said, "The heck with it!" in frustration and stopped trying to ask questions of the heavily-accented woman taking my order and drove onward to the pick-up window it sure appeared, from what I could see, that a majority of this KFC's employees might speak English as poorly, or even worse, than the woman who took my order.
In this day and age when the economy is awful and so many Americans who speak English very well are out of work, how in the world do people such as the one who took my order this week get these jobs? I can just imagine what would happen in Mexico were an American who barely spoke understandable Spanish assigned to take customers' orders at a drive-thru -- the customers would be outraged 1. that a non-Mexican was given the job, and 2. that the outsider holding the job couldn't even speak proper Spanish.
jack

Escalon, CA

#2 Oct 26, 2011
RestoreAmerica wrote:
This week I drove up to the drive-thru of the Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet on East Florida Avenue. It soon became apparent that I -- an English-speaking American who's always enjoyed learning phrases in foreign languages, and who even learned Spanish well enough to receive extra pay at work for being bilingual -- could not understand the HEAVY Spanish accent and pronunciation of the person taking my order at the drive-thru sign.
What in the world are the owners of KFC, Carl's Jr. and other fast-food places thinking by manning their drive-thru's (and often their in-store counters) with people who barely speak English intelligibly?
When I FINALLY basically said, "The heck with it!" in frustration and stopped trying to ask questions of the heavily-accented woman taking my order and drove onward to the pick-up window it sure appeared, from what I could see, that a majority of this KFC's employees might speak English as poorly, or even worse, than the woman who took my order.
In this day and age when the economy is awful and so many Americans who speak English very well are out of work, how in the world do people such as the one who took my order this week get these jobs? I can just imagine what would happen in Mexico were an American who barely spoke understandable Spanish assigned to take customers' orders at a drive-thru -- the customers would be outraged 1. that a non-Mexican was given the job, and 2. that the outsider holding the job couldn't even speak proper Spanish.
The kfc in east Hemet is just as bad
local resident

Hemet, CA

#3 Oct 26, 2011
Excellent post, R.A.

I recently returned from a trip up to Washington State. I couldn't believe the employees at the local McDonald's were mostly white, spoke English and most importantly, seemed happy to be there working and dealing with the customers.

The whole area was clean, the people were friendly and the city is mindful of their finances & serving the community. My parents were so thrilled with the area they decided to buy a home there. I couldn't be happier for them.
HEMETS GONE

Hemet, CA

#4 Oct 27, 2011
ITS EVERYWHERE, WAL-MART. WALGREENS MC DONALDS..WENDYS.. GO INTO CHASE BANK..EVERYONE THERE IS SPANISH..THEY HIRE THEM TO CATER TO ALL THE SPANISH... MOST DON'T EVEN TRY TO TALK ENGLISH..I WENT TO WALMART IN SAN JACINTO ..THE CLERK TRIED TO TALK TO ME IN SPANISH...I TOLD HER..THIS IS USA..THAT I SPOKE ENGLISH..AND THAT SHE SHOULD SPEAK ENGLISH ALSO..SHE GOT MAD,,HAVE YOU WENT BY ANY SCHOOL IN THIS AREA..AROUND 2:30...ITS VERY RARE TO SEE A LIGHT HAIRED CHILD WALKING DOWN THE STREET..THERE ALL SPANISH... MY PARENTS TAUGHT ME THAT I WAS'NT BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE..BUT IT'S STARING TO FEEL LIKE I'M LIVING IN THERE COUNTRY..THEY GET ALL THE JOBS...AND IF YOU SAY ANYTHING...YOUR A RACIST ...LIVED HERE OVER 40 YEARS...MY WHOLE FAMILY IS MOVIN ON OUT...GOOD OLD HEMETS GONE.....
Socal is gone

South Jordan, UT

#5 Oct 27, 2011
"ITS EVERYWHERE, WAL-MART. WALGREENS MC DONALDS..WENDYS.. GO INTO CHASE BANK..EVERYONE THERE IS SPANISH..THEY HIRE THEM TO CATER TO ALL THE SPANISH... MOST DON'T EVEN TRY TO TALK ENGLISH..I WENT TO WALMART IN SAN JACINTO ..THE CLERK TRIED TO TALK TO ME IN SPANISH...I TOLD HER..THIS IS USA..THAT I SPOKE ENGLISH..AND THAT SHE SHOULD SPEAK ENGLISH ALSO..SHE GOT MAD,,HAVE YOU WENT BY ANY SCHOOL IN THIS AREA..AROUND 2:30...ITS VERY RARE TO SEE A LIGHT HAIRED CHILD WALKING DOWN THE STREET..THERE ALL SPANISH... MY PARENTS TAUGHT ME THAT I WAS'NT BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE..BUT IT'S STARING TO FEEL LIKE I'M LIVING IN THERE COUNTRY..THEY GET ALL THE JOBS...AND IF YOU SAY ANYTHING...YOUR A RACIST ...LIVED HERE OVER 40 YEARS...MY WHOLE FAMILY IS MOVIN ON OUT...GOOD OLD HEMETS GONE....."
I agree but it is more than hemet, it is all of socal (northern mexico)as i call it. And it is only going to get worse if "we the people" do not take a stand against illegal immigration. The illegals come up here stay with family suck off the system getting free benefits from the state, their kids are now allowed to get a college education without documentation, and they get upset with me for not speaking their language. Everyone thinks its bad now, but wait until a few more states follow in alabama, texas and arizona's footsteps. Illegal's will be showing up in droves not like they havent been already.
karen

Moreno Valley, CA

#6 Oct 27, 2011
I don't care if the person is Mexican or not, but if the person is going to deal with the public they should be able to speak clearly.
imagine this

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Oct 27, 2011
you are now the minority so teach your children spanish or they will suffer
karen

United States

#8 Oct 28, 2011
imagine this wrote:
you are now the minority so teach your children spanish or they will suffer
Actually, we do understand Spanish in our home, but not that mashed up Mexican muddy Spanish that is spoken here.
WTF

Riverside, CA

#9 Oct 28, 2011
And now on this forum there is a thred begging for donation's for a down payment on a house????? I bet they don't speak english either
GayDave

Sun City, CA

#11 Feb 15, 2012
WTF wrote:
And now on this forum there is a thred begging for donation's for a down payment on a house????? I bet they don't speak english either
NO, ACTUALLY THEY ARE BOTH WHITE CRACKERS! NOW THAT'S IRONIC ISN'T IT!!(Makes you say Hmmmm)

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#12 Feb 15, 2012
GayDave wrote:
<quoted text> NO, ACTUALLY THEY ARE BOTH WHITE CRACKERS! NOW THAT'S IRONIC ISN'T IT!!(Makes you say Hmmmm)
You've got it all figured out, don't you?

Get off the computer, get back on the d!ck you love sooooo much!
fedup

Hemet, CA

#13 Feb 17, 2012
I agree, it's pitiful. It's everywhere, not just the fast food joints. Their doing apartment maintenance,street maintenance,electrical, plumbing,park/school landscaping/maintenance, drywall, you name it. Hell they even hang out outside of the Hemet Parole Office soliciting work.I thought after Hemet mandated e-verify here, that Americans and Legal Immigrants would have a shot at a job. Guess the City Council took too much heat from those "Rios'" on the Moreno Valley School Board last year. It made the front page of the Press Enterprise when they tried to "stand with Arizona." Who are now facing deportation for Illegal Immigration and old drug smuggling charges. Gotta love what California has become.
Jose

Hemet, CA

#14 Feb 25, 2012
Its not the employees fault. They want a job, It's the owner of the business fault, they hired people who can't speak English clearly. So stop spending your money there. No matter what country the person may come from, if you are dealing with the public, you need to speak the proper language and in America,we speak English.
So again, stop spending your money at places that hire non-English speaking people.
know stuff

Radersburg, MT

#15 Feb 26, 2012
fedup wrote:
I agree, it's pitiful. It's everywhere, not just the fast food joints. Their doing apartment maintenance,street maintenance,electrical, plumbing,park/school landscaping/maintenance, drywall, you name it. Hell they even hang out outside of the Hemet Parole Office soliciting work.I thought after Hemet mandated e-verify here, that Americans and Legal Immigrants would have a shot at a job. Guess the City Council took too much heat from those "Rios'" on the Moreno Valley School Board last year. It made the front page of the Press Enterprise when they tried to "stand with Arizona." Who are now facing deportation for Illegal Immigration and old drug smuggling charges. Gotta love what California has become.
Sub-par work done by illegals.....hhmmm, where have I seen that before? Nothing new here. Drive by Home Repo or Lower-Repo! Send those beaners back, we can do it BETTER, I promise you! Even if you "do-it-yourself", even if it turns out "crappy", you can smile, knowing that you did your own work! Something about "pride" ought to mean something! Damn, I did that! No matter how crappy it looks, I DID IT! And I did it on my own, NO ILLEGALS needed!

Learn how to do it, on your own. WE do not need some border-jumpers to get the job done! Put on your BIG-BOY pants, step up, and GET THE JOB DONE !!!
Kat

Glendora, CA

#16 Feb 26, 2012
fedup wrote:
LOL Rios is in jail awaiting trial...I LMMFAO at these school board losers! Ahhh Karma is wonderful
DONT KNOW STUFF

United States

#17 Apr 23, 2012
know stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Sub-par work done by illegals.....hhmmm, where have I seen that before? Nothing new here. Drive by Home Repo or Lower-Repo! Send those beaners back, we can do it BETTER, I promise you! Even if you "do-it-yourself", even if it turns out "crappy", you can smile, knowing that you did your own work! Something about "pride" ought to mean something! Damn, I did that! No matter how crappy it looks, I DID IT! And I did it on my own, NO ILLEGALS needed!
Learn how to do it, on your own. WE do not need some border-jumpers to get the job done! Put on your BIG-BOY pants, step up, and GET THE JOB DONE !!!
YEA RIGHT LOL!!!! I BET THEY GET THE JOB DONE WHEN THEY BEND YOU OVER!! SO PUT ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS LET THEM SHOW YOU HOW THEY GET THE JOB DONE AND BEND OVER. THEN MAYBE YOU CAN TRULLY SAY "YOU KNOW STUFF".(will make you smile)
Jason

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Apr 24, 2012
What's really sad is most "white Americans", think they are entitled to all the jobs in the market. That entitlement reflects in your work ethic, you people are being outworked and out classed. I work construction and if you parents don't start instilling some core values into your children's attitudes towards work, we are going to be hearing this crybaby tune for a long time. And furthermore what I tend to see is a lot more panhandlers that are white than anything else. I guess its easier to write on a cardboard sign and beg than it is to get off you butt and work. Stop crying about minorities and get motivated.
DRDRAEWITHOUTAMI ND

United States

#19 Apr 24, 2012
Jason wrote:
What's really sad is most "white Americans", think they are entitled to all the jobs in the market. That entitlement reflects in your work ethic, you people are being outworked and out classed. I work construction and if you parents don't start instilling some core values into your children's attitudes towards work, we are going to be hearing this crybaby tune for a long time. And furthermore what I tend to see is a lot more panhandlers that are white than anything else. I guess its easier to write on a cardboard sign and beg than it is to get off you butt and work. Stop crying about minorities and get motivated.
100% AGREE!! STOP MAKING EXCUSES!!!(a-holes)
joe

United States

#20 Jan 10, 2013
White people fill they should get the job becuse the color of there skin. And companys see that and thats why they dont hire you. They want a hard worker nomatter the color long as they are a good hard work not somone who wants 24.00 a hr to work at walmart becuse they fill that becuse the color of there skin makes them the man for the job and paid more. Companys doo see that get off your lazy ass and go work.
Ben Dover

Sun City, CA

#21 Jan 10, 2013
joe wrote:
White people fill they should get the job becuse the color of there skin. And companys see that and thats why they dont hire you. They want a hard worker nomatter the color long as they are a good hard work not somone who wants 24.00 a hr to work at walmart becuse they fill that becuse the color of there skin makes them the man for the job and paid more. Companys doo see that get off your lazy ass and go work.
You write like the orginal poster says the workers talk. The reason your in ahard labor occupation is because you can't fill out an application with proper english.
Prime example right here folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Re-Elect Tom Fuhrman Menifee City Council 2 hr Grapes and Tomatoes 22
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr free for all 5,081
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 18 hr surfs up 7,955
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri broombroom 200,976
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
david steidell (Aug '07) Fri huhwhathaha 13
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hemet News, Events & Info