Sun City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2008

Judged:

I am a member. I cannot reach you by phone. Please contact me.
Mindy Wilson
BIGLEW

Sun Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

I AM SO SORRY TO SEE THE CLUB CLOSE. IT WAS A NICE PLACE AND WAS KEPT CLEAN. TOO BAD EVERYONE WENT FOR THE CHAIN GYMS INSTEAD OF STAYING IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.
Rob

Beaumont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

Great, another empty building in Hemet that will become an eyesore. Too bad, I've been a member there for 15 years.

Since: Nov 08

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

Judged:

I am disappointed that the owner thought it was ok to do a "special" to get everyone to sign up in their last few weeks of business. I understand that he was having financial difficulty, but in a time when it is hard for almost everyone he should not have taken money from people. My husband and I both signed up Sept 30th for a 1 year contract paid in full...you can not tell me that he did not know he was closing. I would like to know how many other people were scammed into the "Special Annual Fee".
Ariel

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Judged:

I went to this gym for over 2 years. It was a good place but you could tell that the opening of the LA Fitness took away from their business. The place was good and the people were friendly.

One thing which I did not like though was the fact that after canceling my account I still got charged for another month's fee even though my account was canceled the previous month. Tried for over a month to get a refund until I called and got the operator stating the number had been disconnected.

Sorry to hear the above poster lose a whole year's worth of dues, it would have definitely been nice if ample time would have been given in regards to the closure.
Rob

Beaumont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

I just heard that the place was in need of major repair. Full of mold and dangerous to the members.
BURNED

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Judged:

I agree with TNurse. This guy is a real piece of work. He is a total con man! What a prick, but Karma is a bitch and he will get his for burning all the new members. I was also scammed into the "Special Offer" What a joke!!! When I called, I was told of how I should feel sorry for his employees, which I do, but geez- no consideration for members! There was no notice to members, no hope for a refund and that is just wrong. Anyone want to start a class-action law suit...?
Hemet

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2008

LA Fitness is nice. Lots of nice looking girls are there!
Jojo

South Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2008

Judged:

tnurse wrote:
I am disappointed that the owner thought it was ok to do a "special" to get everyone to sign up in their last few weeks of business. I understand that he was having financial difficulty, but in a time when it is hard for almost everyone he should not have taken money from people. My husband and I both signed up Sept 30th for a 1 year contract paid in full...you can not tell me that he did not know he was closing. I would like to know how many other people were scammed into the "Special Annual Fee".
My husband and I prepaid for a 3 year membership in cash last February. I've emailed the owner, and received no response. I will be filing a small claims against him and his business. The fact that he didn't send notices out to the members is a clear indication that he has no intention of paying anyone's money back, and is hoping we will all go away.
brb

South Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2008

Judged:

if he filed bankruptcy then he dont owe you guys nothing
NJB

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

So has anyone found out yet if he filed for bankruptcy yet or anyone filed a claim? Not fair to take money and not provide services promissed.
tnurse

South Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

NJB wrote:
So has anyone found out yet if he filed for bankruptcy yet or anyone filed a claim? Not fair to take money and not provide services promissed.
I saw the owner taking out equipment today. I have only heard rumors that the owner has filed for bankruptcy. I know someone in Florida that had the same type of thing happen to them. The members got together and filed a claim against those owners and got their money back, even though they filed for bankruptcy. Just need to figure out how to get alot of the members together.
some guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2009

Rumor is that he is opening up another gym on the south end of town
NJB

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Guess if he has enough funds to do that he can reimburse those that paid in full for memberships and didn't get to use the facility before he just decided to lock the doors.
SMG

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Judged:

I paid for a one year membership in oct 08 im pissed, although i do know where he lives i will hastle him until i collect......
MLM

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

FYI If anyone is going to pursue collecting in court the business is listed as United Fitness LLC, doing business as Downtown Athletic Club of Hemet. I think the LLC is out of Delaware or something like that, if that matters. Hope this helps.
Sally

San Juan Bautista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Judged:

SMG wrote:
I paid for a one year membership in oct 08 im pissed, although i do know where he lives i will hastle him until i collect......
Be careful. If you go to the man's house, you are opening yourself up for a lot more grief then just the loss of a gym membership. Harrassing him at home can get you arrested! Be careful, friend.
Jojo

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

tnurse wrote:
My husband and I bought the Valentine's special, and prepaid for a three year membership! We got 10 months! I'm furious. Also, they were calling my son, who was late on his payment a week before they closed. So you are correct, they did know, and didn't care.
happy

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2009

the owner is no different than people renting out their homes and pocketing the rent money, knowing full well that their home is in or going to be in foreclosure. you just have to be careful nowadays!!

Since: Mar 09

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

im so fuckingg glad i joined la fitness...i hated down town athletics club...the pools smelled funny the equipment was old and the place itself was in a ghetto part of town. it also closed too early for me.. im in school and had a job..which meant by the time i was able to go...it was closed for the night..i was only there for about 3 months..yeah...i feel way smart for going to those"chain gyms"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr PEE PEE PETE 200,322
Black Hair salon in hemet 3 hr Chris 43
topix needs to remove ads 9 hr ads 5
Annoying Teachers! (Aug '11) 9 hr underpaid 72
Illegal immigrants in Menifee 9 hr thot 13
Support the 2nd Amendment? Vote for Chad Bianco... 9 hr what 2
Musty water? 9 hr water 3
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 2:48AM PDT

•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••