Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
197,861 - 197,880 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 16 hrs ago
K goodbye

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

We have had this talk before.

Shut down this stink hole of a topic.

America has already embraced it, so to the other FAH - bend over and take one good kiss goodbye.

Your stupity has won you, NOTHING.

Go home and pickle your brains or what's left of them after you drill a hole through them.
The Crew

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

U.S. District Court judge David C. Bury handed down the sentence, 360 months with credit for time served.

The shootout erupted just north of the Arizona border city of Nogales as Osorio-Arellanes and four other men who are accused of sneaking into the country to rob marijuana smugglers approached Terry and three other agents who were targeting such rip-off crews.

Osorio-Arellanes was wounded in the shootout and was the only person arrested at the scene. Four other alleged rip-off crew members fled to Mexico. Two of the four are now in Mexican custody, while two others remain fugitives.

Osorio-Arellanes maintains he was not the shooter who killed Terry, and prosecutors agree that evidence supports his claim.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

We see again an attempt to dumb down marriage to a contract. Managed by the government no less.

Marriage has always been a relationship between a man and woman with inseparable integrity with all cultures and religions.

At its most basic essence, marriage is rooted as a cross cultural constraint on functioning evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a failure of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron at the most foundational level.

If you remove procreation as a key purpose of marriage, you give special rights to select couples that are prohibited for no reason to an individual or any number of individuals. Prejudicial discrimination.
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
How then do you explain the very fact that laws about marriage exist and are regulated by the government?
You are arguing this issue and you don't know?

The rights and privileges of marriage were established to protect children and mothers. It is to a nation's best interest to provide the very best setting for the foundational relationship of society. Hence the last paragraph of my post.

Now my question again;

What prevailing interest does government have to selectively give marriage special rights and privileges if procreation is not considered?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

K goodbye wrote:
We have had this talk before.
America has already embraced it, so to the other FAH - bend over and take one good kiss goodbye.
Go home and pickle your brains or what's left of them after you drill a hole through them.
Bingo.

Ss couples are still only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.

Ss marriage is an oxymoron.
The crew

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

This site has a lot of pop ups, guess it's littered with virus's too!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

The crew wrote:
This site has a lot of pop ups, guess it's littered with virus's too!
Install a pop up blocker dummy.
LaTrina Jimbabwe

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

What do this folks know about the teapartty ayatollahs meeting is at? They aint saying but I wanna go and join them guys as they has got the right ideas and also they is christian which is what I am and we gotta stand together to stop the war on xmas from winning. whatever it is; we aginst it.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
We see again an attempt to dumb down marriage to a contract. Managed by the government no less....
How then do you explain the very fact that laws about marriage exist and are regulated by the government?
Last time I asked you this you didn't answer.
KiMare wrote:
...Marriage has always been a relationship between a man and woman with inseparable integrity with all cultures and religions.
At its most basic essence, marriage is rooted as a cross cultural constraint on functioning evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a failure of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron at the most foundational level.
If you remove procreation as a key purpose of marriage, you give special rights to select couples that are prohibited for no reason to an individual or any number of individuals. Prejudicial discrimination...
Copy and paste spam that never ceases to bring you bizarre joy.....
KiMare wrote:
...<quoted text>
You are arguing this issue and you don't know?...
The quoted text was a question ("How then do you explain the very fact that laws about marriage exist and are regulated by the government?") that you decided not to give an answer to. How do you twist that in your mind to me not knowing the issue exactly?
KiMare wrote:
...The rights and privileges of marriage were established to protect children and mothers. It is to a nation's best interest to provide the very best setting for the foundational relationship of society. Hence the last paragraph of my post....?
More spam.*yawn*
KiMare wrote:
...Now my question again;
What prevailing interest does government have to selectively give marriage special rights and privileges if procreation is not considered?
Answer: government does not have the ability to give the right of marriage since it is a basic human right. Goverment chooses to regulate the practice of marriage by collecting fees in exchange for marriage licenses and government makes the rules of who gets one.

A far more interesting question would be why does the governement want to be in the business of regulating marriages at all?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Latrine is it?.......there is a thread for you elsewhere.
Hi rabnew. This thread does seem to be slowing way down. Would love tips on other forums to check out if you have others that you would like to suggest... cheers ;-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya Six.....what time is it over there? I'll inbox you :-(
Almost noon, goin to lunch. caio!
K goodbye

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

We have had this talk many times before.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>

More spam.*yawn*
<quoted text>
Answer: government does not have the ability to give the right of marriage since it is a basic human right. Goverment chooses to regulate the practice of marriage by collecting fees in exchange for marriage licenses and government makes the rules of who gets one.
A far more interesting question would be why does the governement want to be in the business of regulating marriages at all?
1. Hardly spam Blondie, that's simple legal history.

2. I didn't say the government gave the right of marriage. I said it gave special privileges and rights TO marriage.

Again, on what basis does it do so while discriminating against other relationships?
Carrot

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

we've had this talk many times before.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Hardly spam Blondie, that's simple legal history.
2. I didn't say the government gave the right of marriage. I said it gave special privileges and rights TO marriage.
Again, on what basis does it do so while discriminating against other relationships?
You still think blondie is a put down?:-)
Sorry to break it to you but by copy and pasting the same opinion over and over countless times... well, that is the very definition of spam!
Jake

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post wasn't true. But then when did you phobes care about providing factual data to back up your claims. You don't because there isn't any proof. That's why you lose in court.
My post is very true, if you would take your out of your boyfriends stink hole you would know what is going on in the real word you homo

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
You still think blondie is a put down?:-)
Sorry to break it to you but by copy and pasting the same opinion over and over countless times... well, that is the very definition of spam!
You got it Blondie.

Snicker.
Carrot sticks

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

We've had this talk so many times before.

jack and george

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

jack and george went up a hill holding hands
george was old and tripped on his toe
so he took him and jack tumbling down
by tmc
Fish in barrel

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

This is too easy.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

LaTrina Jimbabwe wrote:
What do this folks know about the teapartty ayatollahs meeting is at? They aint saying but I wanna go and join them guys as they has got the right ideas and also they is christian which is what I am and we gotta stand together to stop the war on xmas from winning. whatever it is; we aginst it.
"Ain't ya had no lernin?"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr RiccardoFire 15,932
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr Either Or 4,992
Missing Persons 14 hr Chris 2
McDonalds 17 hr ThisIsWHY 5
Sun City: NAACP denied meeting spot (Oct '12) 19 hr Chris 6
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Thu james marple 46
Many Sonic Booms or Earthquakes Felt in Menifee? (Jan '10) Aug 20 ted mosby 23

Search the Hemet Forum:
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••