Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,980

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#217600 Sep 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny because with 30 states with constitutional amendments defing marriage as a union of one man and one woman, those legal unions recognized by other states, are not recognized.
Idiot. You lose yet AGAIN.
LOL!!!
Your personal ignorance has made you BLIND to the facts fool.
Yes some states have UNCONSTITUTIONAL bans. Soon SCOTUS will get rid of those vile bans.

SSM keeps winning and you Nazi pigs keep losing...BYE NOW.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#217601 Sep 22, 2013
MARRIAGE EQUALITY FOR ALL, IT'S NOT JUST FOR "GAYS" ANYMORE YAAAY!!

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2013/0...

By BRADY McCOMBS, Associated Press

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) Brady Williams has five wives, 24 children but no organized religion.

The newest polygamous family from Utah on reality TV considers itself progressive and independent. Williams and his wives slowly withdrew from the fundamentalist Mormon church in their rural community outside of Salt Lake City during the mid-2000s after re-evaluating their core beliefs.

The family no longer teaches the tenets of fundamental Mormonism to their children at home, opting instead to take from other teachings such as Buddhism to instill good, morale values in their two dozen children, who range in age from 2-20.

"Since we have left the religion, it's now about love and it's about commitment, and it's about happiness as a family," said Brady Williams, 43, a project manager in his brother's construction business. "It's not about the fear of hell or the promise of heaven."

It wasn't the first time Brady Williams has crossed religious lines. As a teenager, his parents left mainstream Mormonism and joined polygamy. He said that transition was very difficult, but not as hard as leaving the fundamentalist church his five wives all grew up in.

The women still have family members in the church who pray for them to repent and return. They haven't been ostracized by family and friends in the community, but town leaders have made it clear to Brady Williams, a former church leader, that they prefer the family leave town.

Dealing with that scrutiny may help the Williams as they brace for newfound attention now that TLC has debuted the one-hour special about the family, called "My Five Wives." The show, which airs again Monday night, could turn into a full series depending on ratings.

Non-affiliated plural families are actually quite common among the estimated 38,000 fundamentalists who practice or believe in polygamy, most living in Utah and other western states, said Anne Wilde, co-founder of a polygamy advocacy group called Principle Voices. The group estimates that about 15,000 are independent like the Williams.

The two largest organized polygamist churches are Warren Jeff's Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on the Utah-Arizona border and the Apostolic United Brethren in northern Utah, of which the Williams used to belong.

The practice of polygamy is a legacy of the early teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The mainstream church abandoned polygamy in 1890 as Utah moved toward statehood.

The family lives in two large multi-plexes built by Brady Williams that sit across a valley from a breathtaking mountain range. One is a two-story building that resembles a motel with three green doors on the bottom level, each the house of one of the wives. The other two wives live in the ground floor of an adjacent four-plex.

Two of the wives work outside the home and one in the construction business. The other two are taking college courses. Two of the wives are cousins, and all have been married to Brady Williams for at least 14 years.

The five wives take turns fixing dinners on weeknights for 30 hungry people. Rosemary, the third wife, likes to experiment with new recipes while the other wives stick with the old standbys like spaghetti.

"It's like having Thanksgiving dinner five nights a week," Brady Williams said.

The family is taking some risk in coming out: polygamy is illegal in Utah and the trailblazers for polygamous families on reality TV, the Browns of the "Sister Wives," fled Utah for Las Vegas in 2011 after a local prosecutor opened an investigation after the first season aired.

No charges were filed, but the family uprooted their lives and moved permanently to Nevada. The Browns challenged Utah's prohibition on plural marriage and a ruling is pending from a federal judge.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#217602 Sep 22, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't talk shit asshat. Myself I'd love to see if you had the huevos to talk shit like you do in here in an open air forum.
"Dangerous Hands from Moline". Real tough boi, until Momma and the latest "uncle" shows up. Then it goes silent.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#217603 Sep 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes some states have UNCONSTITUTIONAL bans
They are CONSTITUTIONAL according to the people of their state who voted to constitutional confirm, define, and maintain, marriage as a UNION OF ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN AS HUSBAND AND WIFE!
. Soon SCOTUS will get rid of those vile bans.
The only thing "vile" is the opinion that the union of husband and wife should not be the sole legal understanding of marriage.
SSM keeps winning and you Nazi pigs keep losing...BYE NOW.
SSM will hit the fortress of state constitutional reason, and you leftist Orwellian androgynous swine will flounder....GOODNIGHT!
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#217604 Sep 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
They are CONSTITUTIONAL according to the people of their state who voted to constitutional confirm, define, and maintain, marriage as a UNION OF ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN AS HUSBAND AND WIFE!
<quoted text>
The only thing "vile" is the opinion that the union of husband and wife should not be the sole legal understanding of marriage.
<quoted text>
SSM will hit the fortress of state constitutional reason, and you leftist Orwellian androgynous swine will flounder....GOODNIGHT!
States cant pass laws that take or keep away Constitutional civil rights....

Now run off to your KKK Nazi sunday morning cult service...Go sit there thinking how good you are all why you attack the Constitution and civil rights....YOU ARE A VILE NAZI HITLER LOVING TRAITOR.....

Now do you want laws stopping and banning greed and gluttony???????? COME ON BE A HONEST ADULT AND ANSWER IT.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#217605 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not opinion, science.
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.
Therefore, ss marriage is an oxymoron, moron.
Since your wife is currently barren, you and she experience "a defective failure of mating behavior".

You need to IMMEDIATELY divorce from one another. You don't deserve to be in a marriage.

These are your rules, Kimmy, not ours. And since they come from your collection of idiocy known as "How Everybody Should Live Their Lives", you should lead by example. Well, you could just shut your mouth too and not continue to make an ass of yourself.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#217606 Sep 22, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it. I responded to it. I then justly stomped the everlovinfuck out of your comment.
Only to have you whine like a newborn being delivered into a cold delivery room at night and slapped with a 12 inch ruler.
And please....I'd like to see this "gay cult". Do they meander around airports wearing Hare Krishna robes? Maybe they meet in secret at abandoned churches when the moon is full.
LOL!!!!
'Gay cult'...well we know one thing. There's individually based shitass losers given we'd only need to point in your direction for proof.
When a group of persons having an excessive interest in something as in SSM and homosexuality is a "cult" as the Feds refer to your group as "second class" people. You have the right to be what you are, but you don't have the right to take the rights of a moral society as it is known. Every citizen has the right to marry period. Just because the gay cult commuity chose to be odd is on them. The hetero citizens have the right to un do what you have forced the government to do through threats of law suits. It must really suck to be un noticed, in many ways your actions have made it worse for you.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#217607 Sep 22, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
And is your name "Grandpa" ya hypocritical pussy?
LOL!!!
I'm in Sacramento you stupid jerk. Means little where we post from.
Funny...but the anonymous internet draws balless fucks like you out like moths to a 500 watt lightbulb in the dark of the night.
While in the anonymous internet you can spew your disdain of gays like the KKK spits out venom against blacks without having to face the fire of reality and getting laughed at as you would in public or in a face to face meeting.
Don't talk shit asshat. Myself I'd love to see if you had the huevos to talk shit like you do in here in an open air forum. I'm keeping $1,290.11 in the bank as a bet your balls would shrivel to the size of SunMaid raisins should you have to speak in public as you do in here.
Get lost yhou worthless prick.
lol .. but you love those summaid raisins don't you ...

Knoxville, TN

#217608 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making my point. Apparently it is just gays who use animals to justify human behavior, because that is what I responded to.
The rest is just your typical hateful gay troll ad homoan attacks.
We use homosexuality in the animal kingdom not to justify our existence. Rather, we use it to educate others, who believe it to be unnatural, about its existence in nature.

It's kind of like talking to a child about "the birds and the bees". We have to dumb it down (that's concept you should understand) for idiots such as yourself.

That you continue to deny homosexuality's natural presence in the world--that you continue to claim that homosexuals need to be "cured", only goes to show that you are in denial.

That's what they say about a person who can observe reality, but refuses to accept it.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#217609 Sep 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-oh! Home Depot parking lot time?
lol, more like Wal-Mart
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#217612 Sep 22, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
On a more serious note - let it go.
You don't have to like gays. I myself got into these silly threads because of my backing of Proposition 8 until I gave it some thought and realized what others do in terms of choosing a life partner is none of my business.
Hell you crinkly old bastard...I'm not comfortable about gays marrying either oddly enough but logic rules here and logic tells me if we can ban homosexuals from marrying who's to say they shouldn't be allowed to ban me from marrying as well given as ugly as I am and for fear my offspring would bring more horror to surrounding neighborhoods than Godzilla on the loose in TOKYO!!
LOL!!!
Give it a rest and save yourself from a stroke. Find a cause worth bitching for because opposing gays from marrying aint it brother.
You are an idiot. It does matter because it will change things that will ultimately cost us money, can't you idiots see that. I could care less about what the do in the bedroom or in an alley. When their demands like public unisex restrooms, and forced gay education in our public schools among other costly things like changing all the public paper work to include the homo lifestyles, this all cost us money.

Knoxville, TN

#217613 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't dictate classic morality. Nor did any one religion.
It is far more basic than those things.
Honesty and responsibility would cover most of what I am saying.
If I birth a child, I take care of that child.
If I make the marriage vow, I keep the marriage vow.
If I don't qualify for marriage, I don't manipulate a fraudulent fake.
If I have a sexual disorder, I face it honestly, and certainly don't demand that others deny it with me.
What would happen if GLBT's admitted with honesty and responsibility that they represent a confused crossover point of gender and sexuality?
I do nothing more than point out reality. And look at your hate. Do you ever stop and think about that?
<quoted text>
1. Other than being your typical hateful ad homoan gay twirl attack, what does your post have to do with mine?
2. You lie. That isn't my definition.
3. My definition fits my marriage perfectly.
The only thing you did was prove your immorality.
Look, Kim, you are the one who insists that a couple who is mutually sterile and unable to engage in mating behavior cannot have a full marriage.

That describes every marriage in which a couple, gay or straight, is unable to produce children.

You also claim that the essence of marriage is to tie a man to a wife so that he can provide resources for his family--so that the doesn't just mate with a woman and wander off to find another woman to impregnate, leaving his family in the lurch.

You have done your duty. You and your wife have raised your children to maturity. They no longer need your resources as parents. They are on their own and independent--or they should be at their age.

This being the case, by your own logic, you should move on. You and your wife no longer possess the essence of marriage. You no longer need the benefits and protections of marriage.

These are your words, Kim. You don't like having them turned against you. That's why you claim that they are an attack.

I'm simply trying to show you that your own ideas and beliefs about marriage are clearly incorrect.

"There is none so blind as he who will not see."
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#217617 Sep 22, 2013
Don Sclio Dan Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
and no. I don't like raisins.
Word on the street is that you like corn.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#217618 Sep 22, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
I like your posts. They're a HELL of a lot better and more direct than my pissy comments....LOL!!!
The beauty of it is the gay marriage struggle has already been won. Similar to World War II right before Hiroshima. The remaining roadblocks have yet to be removed to allow gay marriage nationwide for sure but realistically given as many states that have agreed to allow gays to marry the logic of it will prevail that if we're to let certain areas of our great country allow a grouping of American citizens a full set of rights, including marriage, then why not all given our country entire is covered under the values set forth by the Constitution.
It's liberals like you that tear America apart. Your way of thinking is why convicted criminals are walking the streets again and causing havic where ever they go. Now don't be stupid and respond to this as comparing criminals to homos because I'm not. I am talking about backing down to forced demands. The ACLU is to blame for much of Americas crime and wrong doing.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#217619 Sep 22, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm "hetero".
Astroturf, to suggest a swelling grassroots acceptance of Caligula and NAMBLA.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#217621 Sep 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Wjat it comes down to is today there is what 13-14 states with legal SSM....There will be more and more year after year. Cry stomp your feet whine...Wont stop progress or change it....BYE LOSER.
So you think that will give you more respect and acceptance? it will only make people resent you more. It must really suck to force our government and society to accept the gay cult. Each time a state falls to your demands it will be costly.

Knoxville, TN

#217625 Sep 22, 2013
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#217626 Sep 22, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that will give you more respect and acceptance? it will only make people resent you more. It must really suck to force our government and society to accept the gay cult. Each time a state falls to your demands it will be costly.
Your kind fought hard to keep blacks slaves and women with no vote and blacks with no vote. Yet now here we are....Your side always loses..

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#217627 Sep 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
States cant pass laws that take or keep away Constitutional civil rights....
No but they can pass laws that confirm, maintain, and constitutional define, that which already existed, legal marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. Nothing new there. It was always understood as a conjugal union.
Now run off to your KKK Nazi sunday morning cult service...
Sorry KKK doesn't like Italians. Nice try though. Now run along to your local communist party meeting comrade.
Go sit there thinking how good you are all why you attack the Constitution and civil rights....YOU ARE A VILE NAZI HITLER LOVING TRAITOR.....
Go sit there thinking how smart you are and why you wish to upsurge the constitution and the right of the people to exercise their constitutional right to vote.....YOU ARE A VILE COMMIE STALIN LOVING TRAITOR....
Now do you want laws stopping and banning greed and gluttony????????
Now do you want laws stopping and banning ignorance and obnoxiousness?????? If so, we'll call them the "huh laws", designed to help stop people like you.

COME ON BE A HONEST ADULT AND ANSWER IT.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#217629 Sep 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No but they can pass laws that confirm, maintain, and constitutional define, that which already existed, legal marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. Nothing new there. It was always understood as a conjugal union.
<quoted text>
Sorry KKK doesn't like Italians. Nice try though. Now run along to your local communist party meeting comrade.
<quoted text>
Go sit there thinking how smart you are and why you wish to upsurge the constitution and the right of the people to exercise their constitutional right to vote.....YOU ARE A VILE COMMIE STALIN LOVING TRAITOR....
<quoted text>
Now do you want laws stopping and banning ignorance and obnoxiousness?????? If so, we'll call them the "huh laws", designed to help stop people like you.
COME ON BE A HONEST ADULT AND ANSWER IT.
I hate commies more then you Nazi pigs. Anyway I stand for the Constitution of the USA...You want it ripped apart because you hate gay people....SORRY YOUR LOSING THE WAR FUROR BOY.

YOU WONT ANSWER MY QUESTION WILL YOU PUNK?????????? You know I got you trapped so you just twist and twist....YOU LSOE GAME OVER SET AND MATCH...RUN OFF TO CHURCH NOW NAZI.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 31 min Slurpee 7,959
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Flaggstaff 5,083
Review: Hemet Eye Care Center Of Optometry (Oct '13) 18 hr hi5432j 2
Re-Elect Tom Fuhrman Menifee City Council 20 hr Jeremy Cronin 23
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sun theos 2,276
david steidell (Aug '07) Sep 19 huhwhathaha 13
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hemet News, Events & Info